Hey guys,

Currently looking into getting a new 6 string guitar, mostly for quite technical stuff (think sikth), I have an awesome esp m-ii urban camo but Im sick of floyds,

i never use them anymore, and im really into stuff which changes tuning alot, Uses alot of wierd tunings etc....which most of you know is a NIGHTMARE on floyd roses.

So im selling my esp, I should have around £1200 to spend, not really mattering how much i get for the esp.

I think thats like $1600 or something, correct me if im wrong.

Ive been looking at the RGA321F

Seems id probably have to change the pups in it though.

Oppinions and suggestions welcome
Last edited by Sora 01 at Feb 27, 2009,
For technical would a Cort M900 suit you? Lovely guitar but maybe you mean something different. Keeping it British, maybe a Gordon Smith?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

The corts nice, but I dont think id get a the tone i want from a hollow body.

Schecters 6 strings never agree with me, sorry, i just hate the neck, ive always liked theyre 7's though, but i already have one.
Quote by eyebanez333
Ibanez RG hardtail. The necks are flat and fast, great for technical playing.

Yeah thats what i was thinking of, the ibanez rga321.

I love presteige necks, and its mahogany. only things the pups. id need to change them, and its already pretty expensive.
Try to find a Jackson SL2HT with a for that price? Or carvin? Test and look whatever you like the most.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Feb 27, 2009,
eyebanez: you can do SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better with that kinda money.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
eyebanez: you can do SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better with that kinda money.

Just going off of what I've played myself...the only other guitar thats been mentioned in this thread that even remotely suits his needs is the Jackson you mentioned. Never cared for the Carvin and Schecters necks are fat and chunky...not exactly good for fast, technical playing. Just my opinion/observations...take it or leave it
Quote by eyebanez333
Just going off of what I've played myself...the only other guitar thats been mentioned in this thread that even remotely suits his needs is the Jackson you mentioned. Never cared for the Carvin and Schecters necks are fat and chunky...not exactly good for fast, technical playing. Just my opinion/observations...take it or leave it

Actually you are right. It's good that you only give advice out of your own experience. +1 for that. I'm sorry i reacted a little stupid.
But maybe you shouldn't recommend something that is worth half the price of the topic starters budget.
@ TS: i know someone (a friend of mine) who has a stunning Jackson SL2HT seethru black that he wants to sell. It's a superb playing guitar, i can vouch for it. If you are willing to pay for the shipping, i think this might be what you are looking for.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by LP_CL
Actually you are right. It's good that you only give advice out of your own experience. +1 for that. I'm sorry i reacted a little stupid.
But maybe you shouldn't recommend something that is worth half the price of the topic starters budget.
@ TS: i know someone (a friend of mine) who has a stunning Jackson SL2HT seethru black that he wants to sell. It's a superb playing guitar, i can vouch for it. If you are willing to pay for the shipping, i think this might be what you are looking for.

Ah well em, im still needing to sell my m-II first haha
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I'm looking into getting an ESP Ec-500- if you like those guitars maybe it's best to stick with 'em.

You mean an ltd ec 500, thats a bit low budget for me.

Yes another possibility is an ESP horizon NT though...would be sweet....
i would love to take your ESP off your hands
just dont hav the cash

Id stick with ESP
sod schecter or ibanez IMO
jackson yeah maybe
but ESP FTW
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h