Hey UG

ok so i got the coolest news yesterday when he said that a friend at work was giving him an ibanez 6 string bass for free...i saw it this morning and its beautifullllllll

question is, the strings are out of tune no big deal but should i do standard tuning or EADGBE like guitars? i kinda wanna do the guitar standard (im more of a guitar player) but will i do a disservice doing that? would i need a smaller string guage set or anything?

thanks guys
I think it's BEADGC
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
The 'standard' tuning for 6 strings is BEADGC (Low to High), although you can go EADGBE if you want. Personally Id go with a high C and F if I were to go double high So EADGCF. Regardless of what you choose, you will most definitely need smaller strings.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
You could tune it BEADF#B if you wanted to have it more guitar like without changing the strings.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Nikki197666
The 'standard' tuning for 6 strings is BEADGC (Low to High), although you can go EADGBE if you want. Personally Id go with a high C and F if I were to go double high So EADGCF. Regardless of what you choose, you will most definitely need smaller strings.

I use the CF tuning on my 6 string Burns.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn