Okay, so today I was at my grandparents, and I was talking to them about two full valve radios they own, and they said that I could have them if I wanted, so, me being me, I took them (I like old electronics, especially valve electronics).

But I don't really know much about them, all I know is that the oldest one is from 1948, is manufactured by His Masters Voice, and was like #146 in it's model, the other is a radiola 461MA from 1954
Pictures:

Dunno if anyone will be able to help, but yeah, worth a shot.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
those are pretty cool. i love old timey stuff like that. do they work?
I have no opinion on this matter.
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by Zero-Hartman
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Umm, what the hell, these are obviously full valve, can you not see the valves. And they're radios, you turn them on, and get pick up radio. It has no input jack, just an antennae and an earth...

Also, they both work (The woodern one needs new string connecting up the tuning wheel, apart from that it's perfect), and the plastic radiola one only works when I hold the antennae.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Zero-Hartman

That was quite a laugh that you caused me there, Zero.

EDIT:

^ His response made it so much better...
Last edited by Rock_Rebel at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Oh, you are a faggot.
Sorry lads, had to be done

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
You said you don't know if anyone can help, help with what? They're very cool by the way, probably quite valuable
One of the coolest things under the sun to collect. I had one when I was stationed in Germany. In was WWII era. There were of course numbers on the dial face, but, there were also European cities shown as well. The bitch is locating repair parts/tubes. Check this link out, it might help you out if things go south on your cool radios: http://www.justradios.com/links.html
[quote="Jesstaa
]Umm, what the hell, these are obviously full valve, can you not see the valves. And they're radios, you turn them on, and get pick up radio. It has no input jack, just an antennae and an earth...

Also, they both work (The woodern one needs new string connecting up the tuning wheel, apart from that it's perfect), and the plastic radiola one only works when I hold the antennae.easy there, fella. he knows this is valve.
that was just the tip of his hat to a classic thread from GG&A

I found an amp in my shed, any idea how to use it?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I remember I bought an old tabletop stereo radio from a pawn shop and it's tubed.

talk about a nice sounding radio, so mellow. My friends' been bugging me to sell it to 'em.

It was so long ago (probably in the 60s) that I don't remember what I did with it.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
easy there, fella. he knows this is valve.
that was just the tip of his hat to a classic thread from GG&A

I found an amp in my shed, any idea how to use it?

Hilarious thread, I loved TS's reaction though.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I didn't know HMV used to make radios. nice one. I've got an old valve radio in the garage, it's not as old as those two though.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Plug a shovel into it.

But seriously, thats pretty cool. Try googleing the name of make or model if it has one on. Or see if there are any booklets your grandparents have for it.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I don't know how many time's I have to read that before it isn't funny anymore.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by Zero-Hartman

How did I just know this was going to appear in the first few replies to this thread