Am I the only one who is pissed off with kids contaminating youtube with poorly recorded videos or concerts made with their cellphones? I mean, those things have terrible audio, terrible video, and are just plain annoying when youre looking for a live concert of a band to watch and have to find the several good quality vids betwixt billions of 1-minute shaky clips of fuzz and nausea-inducing bouncing colors.

My question is, why do people do this? Why do people insist on taking 1-minute videos of concerts, all the while having to fear that their cellphone will fall and be trampled, and on top of all uploading it to Youtube?

Is it for attention? Boredom? Out of stupidity?
There really ought to be some quality control, if your clip is that crap you aren't allowed to upload it or something. It makes me sad inside to try and watch them
Here's a picture of an awesome centipede for using the word 'betwixt':

+1 too.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I mean if youtube can figure out which videos have copyrighted songs, cant they filter out videos that have "FZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" for audio?

EDIT: ^ I see no centipede
If you want a really bad example look for Tool videos from when they played Cardiff, not only are they terrible quality, most of them are also upside down
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
pisses me of how they kill the bands DVDs with poorly recorded cell phone camera videos. they could just buy the frickin DVD and rip it, and they wouldnt get dogged at.

why dont youtube recognise the copyright didling going on here.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Why do these people do it?

You people spend £40 to go to a concert so that you can watch the entire event on a 3-inch by 2-inch, green-lit, night-vision screen. Rather than enjoying the music, you spend your time trying to determine if that speck that looks like a glow-in-the-dark amoeba swimming around in a cloudy bucket of piss is Bono or the Edge.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you are the same people, who as parents, will spend your entire family vacations taking pictures rather than taking a vacation. You'll be too busy making your kids look like they're enjoying themselves when you say "cheese" to ever enjoy your kids.

All of that is fine and good. I don't mind that your children will grow to hate you. If it weren't for parents like you, a lot of great angry rock music would never have existed. But once you start ruining the very concerts you helped create, I draw the line.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
I would never do that. Hell, I am afraid of dropping myself (also known as falling down) and getting trampled!
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by GnR_ROK

You people spend £40 to go to a concert so that you can watch the entire event on a 3-inch by 2-inch, green-lit, night-vision screen. Rather than enjoying the music, you spend your time trying to determine if that speck that looks like a glow-in-the-dark amoeba swimming around in a cloudy bucket of piss is Bono or the Edge.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you are the same people, who as parents, will spend your entire family vacations taking pictures rather than taking a vacation. You'll be too busy making your kids look like they're enjoying themselves when you say "cheese" to ever enjoy your kids.

All of that is fine and good. I don't mind that your children will grow to hate you. If it weren't for parents like you, a lot of great angry rock music would never have existed. But once you start ruining the very concerts you helped create, I draw the line.

Damnit corey, damn you and your little hellraisers!

I agree though. I think any sort of videorecording should be banned at concerts. Sometimes I can't even see the band because of the cameras in the way, and I'm almost 2 meters ffs.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by GnR_ROK

that sounds like Maddox...

oh wait, just googled, that's cracked!
SHENANIGANS!
Quote by CoreysMonster
I mean if youtube can figure out which videos have copyrighted songs, cant they filter out videos that have "FZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" for audio?

EDIT: ^ I see no centipede

Goddamn it Corey, the things I do for you

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
as the great billy connelly said,
when you're showing pictures of you on holidays, you're not actually showing pictures of you on holidays, you're showing pictures of what was going on while you were busy taking pictures.

same goes for concerts
Zero-Hartman, i see no centipede either.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
So what?

People load **** clips onto youtube....don't watch it. Simple.

People spend £40 and watch the entire show thru a small screen...so what it's not you doing it and if that's how they wanna spend their evening then fine.

You can't see the band cos of cameras in the way...they are no more in the way then a see of devil horns, hands waving or whatever else you get at a show, you wanna watch the band go and get a ticket in seated.
[
FFS, I have to find another awesome centipede now. Seriously, there aren't many of these things, and Google isn't an inverterbrate factory that produces awesome centipedes.

This bitch better show up on your inferior network browsers.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
It annoys me, yes.

If I find one of those videos, I look for a better one, or even better, I look OUTSIDe of Youtube.
DeVillains!
I take vids of concert but just for the purpose of showing my friends. If it has **** audio I wouldn't dare upload it to youtube.
Those vids are so annoying when searching for live stuff. And also some bands don't like it either, when pointing cams at them. I saw a vid of Axle Rose getting pissed and stopping a live show because some one was pointing a cell cam at him. But Axl is an a** sometimes.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
FFS, I have to find another awesome centipede now. Seriously, there aren't many of these things, and Google isn't an inverterbrate factory that produces awesome centipedes.
*centipede*
This bitch better show up on your inferior network browsers.

That picture shows up, but it's a little big, resize?

just kidding. thanks dude
Yes, O agree. No Youtube crappy vids. But that centipede is huge and scary.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Am I the only one who is pissed off with kids contaminating youtube with poorly recorded videos or concerts made with their cellphones? I mean, those things have terrible audio, terrible video, and are just plain annoying when youre looking for a live concert of a band to watch and have to find the several good quality vids betwixt billions of 1-minute shaky clips of fuzz and nausea-inducing bouncing colors.

My question is, why do people do this? Why do people insist on taking 1-minute videos of concerts, all the while having to fear that their cellphone will fall and be trampled, and on top of all uploading it to Youtube?

Is it for attention? Boredom? Out of stupidity?

Terrible is relative.

I think the audio and video for everything on youtube is absolutely terrible, even when you click "watch in high quality."

This is the one reason I don't pirate, not some moral stance or fear of the law. I hate downloaded music and video because they are compressed, damaged, and full of noise and artifcats. 99% of the time they sound and look like ****.

Everyone wants to be an artist--releasing their own content over the internet. Problem is they forgot that artists are discriminating in what they are willing to release to the public, they don't just pump out every piece of garbage they can manage to upload.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Feb 27, 2009,
Taking pictures is one thing. I always like to snap at least 1 picture of the show while I'm there. But I agree 1000% on the video. Or what's even better is people smuggling in full sized video cameras to sit in the back of the venue to film it.

Though, those people help when you want to relive the concert a year later.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Taking pictures is one thing. I always like to snap at least 1 picture of the show while I'm there. But I agree 1000% on the video. Or what's even better is people smuggling in full sized video cameras to sit in the back of the venue to film it.

Though, those people help when you want to relive the concert a year later.

I disagree with the full-sized camera, because I have nothing against decent quality live videos, especially of bands who tour once every 5 years and have no live-DVDs, such as tool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5V-RdAcirQ

this is a pretty decent video, and I like videos of concerts like these.

However,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv3ovXqrLJk

is utter crap. Why even bother uploading if

a. the quality is terrible
b. you only film for a little over a minute? and don'T tell me because of security, I was at that show and there was NO security checking for cameras during the show.
i understand pictures, i mean if you wanna remember the concert then by all means...but i agree, no one in the free world will enjoy a concert video on a cell phone.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Quote by Kensai

Damnit corey, damn you and your little hellraisers!

I agree though. I think any sort of videorecording should be banned at concerts. Sometimes I can't even see the band because of the cameras in the way, and I'm almost 2 meters ffs.

Cameras/Camcorders of any kind are banned at all my local venues. Well, except for the little bars and clubs.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by GnR_ROK
.. a cloudy bucket of piss...
Best description I've heard of U2 in a long time.
404: Sig not found.
I take the occasional photograph, but with an actual camera not a phone, and I tend to just shoot a couple of pics without really looking at what I'm pointing it at.
I can't understand why someone would spend so much time recording video, ruins your enjoyment of the concert.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington