Well after announcing that he had given up touring outside of the USA BB King
is playing 4 dates in the UK at the end of June, with John Mayall supporting.

Gutted - I will be in Cyprus that week on holiday and I don't think my marriage would
survive cancelling it.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
marriage is overrated
Quote by metacarpi
I get called a slut all the time, and I'm a dude.

Seeing B.B King is an experience that will last you a lifetime.

A marriage?
Pssh, she's probably cheating on you already!
Go for it!
hmmm, you got me thinking this over guys.

If I hadn't already seen BB a couple of times already I would feel much worse. The last time
I saw him was in an open air concert in my home town about 6 years ago. It was a beautiful
hot July night (we don't get many of those in England) and it rates as one of the most
memorable concerts I have ever seen.
- Jimi Hendrix
I have never seen him live, but I just bought tickets to see him play here in Indiana. I can not wait!
There''s nothing better than BB in concert...fabulous!!!!!!!!!!I'm seeing him again in March.The last show I saw was in Dec when he sang Happy Birthday to me and signed my guitar...AMAZING!
Hey man you can't be a true bluesmen without getting at least one divorce in your lifetime. Go for it.
Quote by Gris-Gris-Man
is "Why I Sing the Blues" a compilation album?

nope, its a studio recording. But it could be a best of because of so many great tracks.
I saw BB King last winter in a theater in South Bend. One hell of a showman. Felt like an old-time traveling show, choreographed down to the second but all of it funny and raucous and wild.

No one can hang a note like the King.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
great, will be worth it to see BB. mayall is a bit of a boring act these days except for his guitarist buddy whittington, who is outstanding.
- Jimi Hendrix
^ well, you have two top class blues acts there, somebody is going to come out top on the night, plus your individual musical preferences.

i must say i would prefer listening to buddy guy over BB, but the time i saw buddy live he clowned about too much, even in the middle of songs, and rather ruined it for me.
- Jimi Hendrix
searched for a bb king thread and this had the most recent post i thought i'll ask it here :P
question:
i want to listen more BB! i only have his newest album wich i thought it was great, and i ocassionally listen to his songs on youtube (mostly when feeling ****ed up(like now...)).
but i'd love to get an album or 2 from him to have more songs in good quality and stuff.
what do you think are his best albums to check out for me?
I just got Riding With The King, awesome album, will look into the others as well.
Thanks guys =]
not seen him live. also saw his videos on YouTube. he's got great skills! not a fan. i like him. can't catch up to his works 'cause i'm young. like 15. lol he's got lots of stuff. don't know which one to listen to. i'm thinking about playing blues and jazz. learning them now. anyone suggest any song from BB king? thanks!
Guitars:

Squier Standard Telecaster
Takamine EG-240

Guitar Effects:

Korg AX5G Muti-Effects Pedal
Boss DS-2
Boss DD-7

Read and follow my tumblog

Follow me on twitter
I like the live albums he did with Bobby. I've never been crazy about BB as a singer.
Respectfully disagree his voice is so powerful, it's low but keeps the sound pretty clean.

I'd love to know who played the Keyboards on Rock me Baby
The Original Guitar Hero
Quote by Rob n' Roll
Respectfully disagree ...

You disagree? Let me inform you that I am the world's expert on what I like. I know more about my preferences than anyone else in this world. I don't like his singing. I didn't say his singing was bad. I said I didn't like his singing.

I also don't like lima beans. Are you going to disagree with me on that also and tell me that I do, in fact, like lima beans.
Quote by GraceKim
You disagree? Let me inform you that I am the world's expert on what I like. I know more about my preferences than anyone else in this world. I don't like his singing. I didn't say his singing was bad. I said I didn't like his singing.

I also don't like lima beans. Are you going to disagree with me on that also and tell me that I do, in fact, like lima beans.

You ****ing love lima beans and that's that.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by aetherspear
You ****ing love lima beans and that's that.

Quote by GraceKim
I like the live albums he did with Bobby. I've never been crazy about BB as a singer.

That's pretty dumb as he's been known as a singer first, guitar player later.
In fact, if you listen to Live At The Regal (Which is his second best album) he's introduced as"The Worlds Greatest Blues Singer"...