Hey all,

I bought a bass and bass amp 3 years ago and purchased a Fender Standard Telecaster around a year ago that I use with my bass amp (Mega GL30B). The sound isn't thaaatt bad but it definably could be better. I'm using a horrible digitech RP50 multi effects pedal and I really want to step up my sound and get some better quality equipment seeing as I play more guitar then bass now.

I'm thinking about either getting a new amplifier, new effects pedals, or a good multi effects pedal (although I'm not too fond of multi effects...). I play alot of clean, blues, and alternative stuff. (i.e. lots of delay, reverb, and light distortion). I was looking at the Vox Valvetronix series which look nice, but I don't know if I should just keep my bass amp and buy new pedals or just buy a new amp with built in effects. I don't gig often..rarely and when I do its because I play bass and not guitar. I have a budget of around 400$ Canadian give or take a few dollars.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated !
line 6 spider 125 w combo, it has the perfect power and has thousands of effects built in, pretty much anything you would ever need
Quote by Bkennedy88
line 6 spider 125 w combo, it has the perfect power and has thousands of effects built in, pretty much anything you would ever need

Get ready to be e-raped for this.
Vox Valvetronix > Line 6 Spider

But i'd rather choose a valve amp and a Boss Delay
if you play clean stuff don't get a line 6 spider, well honestly just don't get a line 6, but the best improvement you could do for yourself in the tone department would be a new amp.
new amp first for real tone improvement

than effects as you go on later.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Alright thanks for info guys. I'm probably going to be purchasing a Vox Valxtronix VT30 but I'm not sure if I should get the 15w version instead. Is 15w plenty loud enough if I just play at home and maybe occasionally at a small gig?
*erapes bkennedy*
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Quote by Enjoii
Alright thanks for info guys. I'm probably going to be purchasing a Vox Valxtronix VT30 but I'm not sure if I should get the 15w version instead. Is 15w plenty loud enough if I just play at home and maybe occasionally at a small gig?
I would say the 30 would be better for the "occasional gig" while the 15 is fine for home use. If the small gigs are mic'd, you'd likely be fine with the 15, otherwise the 30.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.