I play a lot of punk rock and rock like the clash, NOFX, Rancid, Billy talent, Rise against etc, but i also play stuff like shinedown and stuff like that too. My buddy might sell me his for 150 bucks (he plays drums now) and I don't know the type of schecter yet, but im checking it out wednesday. so opinions?
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Depends what type of schecter you wanna go for, the one's I've seen on here would be way to heavy for the type of ''punk rock'' you described, but saying that, they all had multiple EMG's and were relatively high-end.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Quote by decayingdave
Depends what type of schecter you wanna go for, the one's I've seen on here would be way to heavy for the type of ''punk rock'' you described, but saying that, they all had multiple EMG's and were relatively high-end.

well that may be ok for me, i play a lot of heavy stuff too, metallica, BFMV, atreyu (basically metal and metalcore a lot).
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Most schecters are designed for more heavy and lead oriented music.
But it really does depend on the model...
Check out my band Disturbed
i saw a band that played strictly skater punk, and he was using a hellraiser tempest.

however, i talked to him afterwords and he said he didnt like it.

i, being a hardcore player, would kill for one of those.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Um what type of schecter is it btw?
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by John5rules125
Um what type of schecter is it btw?

he said he didnt know.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Maybe a C1 or C1+ might work I dont really know my schecters too well ive played them though they were nice but nothing beats my ibanez's neck imo.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I just got a C-1 + and i like it alot. Could probably do those styles well and it doesn't have actives. Although i son't think he'd sell a C-1 for 150$. Or i wouldn't anyhow
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Quote by A6stringrythm
Schecters always play good for me, any genre

but that depends which one we are talking about the hellraiser is probably not gonna be great for anything other than metal since it has active EMG's
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I'd take a look at the Schecter Pete Dee signature model, the PT model, and the S-1 vintage. All great models for the music you want to play, and all of them are inexpensive (relatively-meaning they're not $1000).
Quote by Lethal Dosage
but that depends which one we are talking about the hellraiser is probably not gonna be great for anything other than metal since it has active EMG's

New models are featuring 81 tws and 89s that split for single coil use, so really you can get any tone you want, sorta.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
It probly a Gryphon, basically a poormans C-1 with duncan designed passives. I have one and it would fit his styles perfecly if thats what it is, plus the string through body and coil tap are nice features to have on a cheaper guitar and it stays in tune amazingly. I also have a Synyster Custom, but thats a little out of his price range, but it is amazing....
If it is a gryphon then snatch it up. For $150 you are robbing him. It is a really good guitar. The coil splitter is a great feature along with DD passives, although those aren't that great but they do the job, it has twenty four frets, and while I rarely play on those extra two frets, it seems to make the neck feel more natural to me, I dunno how to describe it. Schecters are good guitars. If it is a gryphon just buy it. You will thank me later. Unless it rebels on you and tries to assassinate you, then I pity you.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Yes, i found a Gryphon on ebay, bought it on a whim and fell in love with Schecter... $400 for mine... 150 is a steal... for that much i would pay u am additional 150 to get it for me lol What color is it, mines the red which has a really cool trait of changing color (not sure if it was intentional...) but it goes from a deep blood red to a very brite red depending on color. Dont know if this matters for your purchase, but they are discontinued now.