Both my first completed Warmoth and my first Telecaster.

Hard ash body
Maple neck with ebony fretboard
Bridge pickup is a Fender Vintage Noiseless, neck pickup is a Swineshead Dragonfly (reverse polarity, so the middle position is extra 'quacky').
Wired up so the two controls are separate volumes for each pickup.

I had intended this to be just a backup light rhythm guitar, but since I finished this I've not touched any of my other guitars. The tone of this guitar is incredible and I'm attributing most of that to the Warmoth body and neck. This guitar sustains almost as well as most of my Les Pauls - I've not had an ash-bodied guitar before, and this certainly won't be my last if this one is anything to go by. Won't be my last Warmoth either

Going to try and record sound clips or test video soon. The neck tone is unbelievable.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
looks awesome, im thinking of getting a guitar from watmoth and you just convinced me theyre good.
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
Quote by MrFlibble
Really, really nice guitar

I like the contrasting neck pickup a lot as well as the markerless board and corian nut. They all add little bits to an already classy instrument.

Quote by MrFlibble
...I've not had an ash-bodied guitar before, and this certainly won't be my last if this one is anything to go by...
Word.

Hard Ash is very overlooked IMO. Try tuning that guitar down to C. Don't change the strings, just drop it and go for it, I guarantee it'll make you smile.

It may not be the "loudest" wood, but Ash has really awesome definition when tuned down.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
how much did it cost you cus ive been looking at warmoth tele also
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Maybe next time you can make it yourself
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
Maybe next time you can make it yourself
I don't have any of the tools for that sadly. I think the next Warmoth I do I might at least finish myself though, since I've had a specific burst stuck in my head for a couple of years and Warmoth won't do it.

Quote by Clutch32192
how much did it cost you cus ive been looking at warmoth tele also
The total I paid Warmoth was $951.36, including the shipping to the UK. Then once it got here I had to pay another £132 in import & VAT charges.

That's not including the cost of the pickups, which I bought one from Swineshead direct and the other I got off ebay.

It would have been a little cheaper, but I did splash out on a couple of extra expensive things like Planet Waves Auto-Trim Locking tuners. The black hardware cost more than basic nickle/chrome hardware of course.

In total, it cost me about the same as a Fender American Deluxe Telecaster would have. Of course the trade off is I got exactly the right wood species, finish, hardware and electronics I wanted, rather than just whatever is stock on the Fenders.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Wow. That is amazingly nice.
This is just a personal preferance, but I would have a Maple freboard. But even so. WOW
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Last edited by TimBFMV at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by TimBFMV
Wow. That is amazingly nice.
This is just a personal preferance, but I would have a Maple freboard. But even so. WOW
The truth is, I was going to order with with an all-maple neck. However, when Warmoth finish an all-maple neck they leave the finish on the frets, witht he assumption that you're going to have a fret dressing done. I couldn't be bothered to do a fret dressing (and it turns out it doesn't need it anyway, no sharp or flat notes anywhere) so I got it with an ebony fretboard instead, that way they wouldn't put finish on the fretboard and the fretwire would stay clean.

Quote by Sad But False
looks like slipkkkknoooot geetar!!

Oh great, thanks, now I hate my own creation.