Google is not being helpful and I'm strapped for time, so I thought I'd solicit the pit.

Is there anyway I can view the content on my ipod classic over a computer without downloading extra software? My DVD of This American Life has gone missing and I was going to show an episode today at work.

I have the episode on my ipod, the computers here have itunes, and I have my ipod usb cable. I can't download any extra software onto the work computers.

I'm pretty sure I'm out of luck, but if you have a way around this pit, please let me know.
you have it as an .avi on you ipod?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I have no idea what the file format is. It's downloaded directly from the itunes store.

Ah ok, I'm unsure, sorry. doesn't sound like it's possible to me
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
then it won't be .avi, because Apple don't like to make things simple. Unless you have the actual file handy, not just on an iPod, I think you're outta luck.

Then again, I could be wrong. People probably know more than me about this sort of thing...
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
could you go to the itunes store sign in and download your aloud to do that to 5 different computers... unless you have used them.
probably mp4, can't you watch it on your ipod?

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
whaa ?? if the computers are using Itunes then you should be able to play it ?? ..
or.. you can at least try this.. apple's file table is really weird.. Ipods don't allocate songs the way you would think.. so it will be hard to find.. plug your ipod in, and let windoze detect it.. then go into my computer and find the ipod and open it as if it were a disc.. then your going to want to look at the file sizes of the folders until you find the one that has a large signature because of the video file.. browse to it and try to open it..

good luck !
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
Quote by jshwak
whaa ?? if the computers are using Itunes then you should be able to play it ?? ..
or.. you can at least try this.. apple's file table is really weird.. Ipods don't allocate songs the way you would think.. so it will be hard to find.. plug your ipod in, and let windoze detect it.. then go into my computer and find the ipod and open it as if it were a disc.. then your going to want to look at the file sizes of the folders until you find the one that has a large signature because of the video file.. browse to it and try to open it..

good luck !

When I try to search it like a removable hard drive I get no files to browse through, just four folders: calanders, contacts, notes, recordings (all empty) and an index file called "metadata_never_index"

Any way around this business?

edit* ha ha I think I can do it, I do have to reauthorize the content though, and I'm doing this in two rooms so there go two of my activations
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by dullsilver_mike
When I try to search it like a removable hard drive I get no files to browse through, just four folders: calanders, contacts, notes, recordings (all empty) and an index file called "metadata_never_index"

Any way around this business?

edit* ha ha I think I can do it, I do have to reauthorize the content though, and I'm doing this in two rooms so there go two of my activations

nice something I suggested worked for once... btw you can email apple and get them to reset your authorizations when your done and all you have to do is reauthorize your own and you won't have 2 wasted authorizations
enable the viewing of hidden files and folders. you should be able to see everything.

but if it is on your ipod, and they have itunes, you SHOULD be able to play it through itunes if you connect your ipod to the computer.
Apple make me when they pull this ****.

It's like you've got a really expensive rental from them. It's actually unbelievable how they've suckered so many people into being stuck with iTunes and iPod via the aac format and their ridiculous authorisation systems.

I for one can't wait for Ogg Vorbis and Theora to become the standard for compressed audio and video.
I couldn't play it in the end the version of itunes on these comps is old and will only play audio off of an ipod, not video. I don't have authorization to download the updates either, so everyone went without This American Life today.

Thanks for all the help though guys.