OK, I just got a new Egnater Rebel which I love. This will be paired with the LP Studio I'm getting in a week for my birthday (thanks to my lovely wife. ).

I'm starting to look at adding some effects, and I'm a little confused. For one, it seems counterintuitive to slap some digital multi-effects pedal on this thing and add all that processing to that sweet tone. Do most tube owners look at only analog effects, or how does that work?

As for adding effects - for now I'm just looking for some simple reverb and delay. What would be the best ones to start looking at? And I'm assuming these would work best in the effects loop instead of before the amp?
The mxr carbon copy is one of the most amazing delays I have ever heard.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

I use both digital and analog effects with my tube amp

Delay, well you have a load of options, Im a hug fan of the MXR Carbon Copy analog delay, its very rich sounding and easy to use. I am currently using the EHX #1 Echo and for a digital delay its awesome. Lots will tell you Boss, which are good products but I stay away from them personally cuz 7 of every 10 guitarists use it

If you have an effects loop try adding your effects (no wah, or dist/od). I actually use my delay and chorus in front of my amp, as I have found it to give me better results, but each amps loop is different so you will have to play around

good luck

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I prefer analogue stomp boxes over digital multi-efffects, but it's all down to personal preference really.

As far as pedal order goes I put delay/reverb/phaser/flanger in the effects loop and overdrive/distortion/compressor in front of the amp.

I've still not decided on the best place for my chorus as it sounds great in the loop and out front....
Unfortunately most reverb and delay pedals use some type of digital signal processing. Tech21 makes an Analog version of each though.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by txmikester
As for adding effects - for now I'm just looking for some simple reverb and delay. What would be the best ones to start looking at? And I'm assuming these would work best in the effects loop instead of before the amp?

Yes, they go better in the loop for most people. I was in the same boat that you are and a Lexicon MX-200 was recommended to me. I got one for $140 off clist. I am very happy with it but you may prefer pedals. Just throwing that out there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
people go a bit overboard with the whole analog and digital thing. if you want simple reverb and delay, it may in fact be better to go digital. if im not going for spring reverb or something similar, im going to want digital. analog pedal reverbs can no longer hold their own against what can be done digitally. as for delays, both analog and digital have their uses. i prefer analog for adding some depth, but if you want rhythmic delays then you need to go with digital. a lot of people end up with both an analog and a digital delay because they both have their uses.

as for pedal recomendations, do you have a style and a budget? its easier to give recomendations with these things in mind so we arent recomending $400 pedals to someone who can only spend $100, or even the other way around.