So, as many of you can attest to, it's frustrating having no drummer for your otherwise complete band lineup.

Anways, my old high school is having it's yearly battle of the bands in a few days, and the other guitarist and my bassist were thinking of going to scout for a drummer. If we find one who can play well, is it too underhanded to offer him a position in our band? I've read plenty of frustration filled rant threads about band member stealing, so I was wondering if we should do it.

Keep in mind, we're not beginner musicians, so it could be a tempting offer to the potential drummer.

So should we do it?
Check out my band Disturbed
The problem is finding a drummer that fits your style, that is willing to leave his band for yours?

I'd suggest using myspace ads.
Do it. The entire music industry is about walking all over everyone else, this isn't any different really.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Oh also, if there are any local tattoo shops, go there and ask around, and ask if you can put up some flyers. My vocalist works as a tattoo artist, and we instantly have connections with the hardcore scene around here...which is good considering we are in boston.

Boston metal ftw! \m/
Last edited by metalcore123 at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by metalcore123
The problem is finding a drummer that fits your style, that is willing to leave his band for yours?

I'd suggest using myspace ads.

We've been doing that for 6 months already. No luck at all. All the good drummers get snatched up too fast. And since none of us are in school anymore, it makes finding them even harder.
from only reading this, I think your biggest problem now is that you're considering looking for a drummer a few days before the actual gig.

edit. saw the above. go for it?
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
6 months? Wow. well give the battle of the bands a shot then. Also try going to local shows if you have a local scene
Drums are easy.

"Tappa Tappa Tappa! tappity tap bang boom boom tappity tap."

You just played Aenima.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by mikko 9119
from only reading this, I think your biggest problem now is that you're considering looking for a drummer a few days before the actual gig.

edit. saw the above. go for it?

theyre not playing the gig, theyre going to the gig to look for a drummer!

do it, could find an excellent one there being held back by his currrent band

i found it hardest to find a bassist!
Equipment

GUITARS
Jackson RX10D
Ibanez GAX30
Ninja Strat Copy

AMPS
Laney LX120Twin Extreme
Fender Frontman 15W

Effects
Boss ME-20 Multi Effects Board
Quote by metalcore123
6 months? Wow. well give the battle of the bands a shot then. Also try going to local shows if you have a local scene

My local scene is nothing but pathetic attempts at deathcore and emo garbage. We do have 1 very good melodeath band, but there's no way their drummer would leave.
^yeah I read it weird.

I say it should be fine if you do that. it's the drummers choice whether he wants to play for either band. the other band may not like you for it, but it's the music business. not everone will like you.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Do it, nobody who really wants to stay in their band will leave to join yours, so you're not really doing anything wrong
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by Xeus
lol i think theres sig material here

Be my guest

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Drum machine. Then get a mime to make it look like he's playing the drums. Mimes are infinitely easier to find than drummers. They dont say stupid things either. Win win.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by StewieSwan
My local scene is nothing but pathetic attempts at deathcore and emo garbage. We do have 1 very good melodeath band, but there's no way their drummer would leave.

I ended up joining the melodeath band
I didnt realise this thread was old until i read myspace lol

(though i thought it was off cause i remember you being in a duo now. and the old high school part but i just now read it in full)
Quote by StewieSwan

I can assume said band is Frozen Eternity?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I knew his was a bump because the OP didn't have an
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Dec 8, 2016,
Quote by thanksgiving
Drums are easy.

"Tappa Tappa Tappa! tappity tap bang boom boom tappity tap."

You just played Aenima.

lol

strong username
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by slipknot5678
I didnt realise this thread was old until i read myspace lol

(though i thought it was off cause i remember you being in a duo now. and the old high school part but i just now read it in full)

Or you coulda just read the post date instead of figuring all that out
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I can assume said band is Frozen Eternity?

Remember when they were supposed to open for Nevermore and Nevermore broke up like a week before the show?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Remember when they were supposed to open for Nevermore and Nevermore broke up like a week before the show?

I'll never forget how disheartening that was
nah go for it op
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
Why don't you impersonate a substitute teacher to get a job at a prep school, get a class of suggestible students to start a rock band project and then get them to compete at the battle of the bands to really show your old band who needs who.

Maybe you could call it 'rock class', or 'school of guitars, or...I'm sure there's a better name on the tip of my tongue...
Quote by StewieSwan

eww
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theogonia777

Rofl

strong username
Quote by Random3
EDIT:

Never mind just realised the age of this thread...

yeah the mental age of this thread is pretty low
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair