no matter how much practise i get, i can only get pinch harmonics on about the 3rd try. are their any videos or UG lessons that could yet?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

look at where are you picking, it's easier from just behind the front microphone (I think)
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
try turn up the gain a little if you dont already have a ton, holy your pick closer to the tip, just keep at it. just my tips if you can post a video of your right hand it`ll help us see wat the problem could be
practice practice practice. find the hot spot on your pickups and make sure you aint got too much bass in your distortion and keep doing it. check youtube for vids. I dont think this is really an advanced technique though. lol.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
microphone? hahaha dont you mean pickup. you gotta find the best spot on the string where the harmonic will ring out, just mess from the first pickup to the 2nd, (that is if you have 2 i donno) but towards the middle to the end of your string. theres some videos iv seen on youtube that are pretty helpful,good luck
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
First thing I'd say is: ignore anyone telling you to have high distortion and the like. All that does is make your pinch harmonics scream more. You should be able to hear your pinch harmonics even when your guitar is unplugged!
As for getting them:
--roll your thumb down toward the tip of the pick
- strike the string at more of an angle i.e. curve your hand down as you pick so the pick hits at around a 45 degree angle
- change the location at which you pick, you might have to move around a lot to find the sweet spot.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Just keep trying, doing everything the others said - put headphones in though, cos it'll sound ****e until you nail it :P