Page 1 of 2
Hey dude's!!

I'm am going to New York man!! And I live in Denmark in Europe (right over germany) so it's pretty huge!

I would like to hear if the Rock n' roll hall of fame museum is any good visiting?
And if it is the place Tenacious D are breaking into in The Pick Of Destiny? well.. probably not the exact same place but the real-life-similar.. ??

Rock on
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
Never been, but I hope you have a good time!
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
good luck
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
Quote by TheKermal
Hey dude's!!

I'm am going to New York man!! And I live in Denmark in Europe (right over germany) so it's pretty huge!

I would like to hear if the Rock n' roll hall of fame museum is any good visiting?
And if it is the place Tenacious D are breaking into in The Pick Of Destiny? well.. probably not the exact same place but the real-life-similar.. ??

Rock on

I live in NY so I could probably help you...the rock n roll hall of fame is in Ohio so it is quite a ways away from NY. I am not sure what place that is since I never seen the movie but just hit up a lot of the popular tourist spots. Lots to do in time square and be sure to check out central park. If you like dance music check out Pacha on a friday night great club spot.
Went last summer, absolutley fell in love with the place.

You'll have a great time!
Quote by SteveHouse
Visit Lady Hellraiser.

do this ^

and all respect to her possible if she ever looks at this
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
I'm guessing you'll be entering through JFK Int'l airport.

Which is on Long Island.

Which ****ing rules.

Hard.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by etniesmuzikskat
do this ^

and all respect to her possible if she ever looks at this

Is your nose sore?
my boyfriend just left yesterday for new york on a school trip. were from chicago so its kinda a big deal. im excited for you dude. takes lots of pictures and live it up!
I'm a chick. Get used to it!
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a good 8+ driving hours from the city, but yeah, it is worth visiting.
12 fret fury
I have no idea why you're so thrilled. New York is the filthiest place I have ever set my foot on plus everybody's so serious to the point of being complete assholes. It's congested and dirty, not to mention expensive. And dangerous. I mean no offense to New Yorkers, it was just horrible.

So, yeah, have fun.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by M Power
I live in NY so I could probably help you...the rock n roll hall of fame is in Ohio so it is quite a ways away from NY. I am not sure what place that is since I never seen the movie but just hit up a lot of the popular tourist spots. Lots to do in time square and be sure to check out central park. If you like dance music check out Pacha on a friday night great club spot.

Ohio !? Damn man! That's why Tenacious D need a car to go there in the movie

But thanks for the answers everyone, i am really looking forward to go there
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
There is a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ANNEX in NYC - its pretty small, but pretty cool too. Its in SoHo. Worth checking out.

Also, check out Manny's and Rudy's guitar shops on 42nd st, 30th street guitars on (you guessed it!) 30th st, and Ludlow Guitars on Ludlows st.

Where are you staying?
Quote by GettintheLedout
There is a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ANNEX in NYC - its pretty small, but pretty cool too. Its in SoHo. Worth checking out.

Also, check out Manny's and Rudy's guitar shops on 42nd st, 30th street guitars on (you guessed it!) 30th st, and Ludlow Guitars on Ludlows st.

Where are you staying?

Great man I will be tjecking that out. Damn i'm excited main!!
We will stay at a hotel called Penn Hotel. Should be close to Empire State Building
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
Quote by TheKermal
We will stay at a hotel called Penn Hotel. Should be close to Empire State Building

Check out ground zero, too, it's cool, and of course the empire state building. NY has some of the best deli's ever. So grab a sub or two.
Quote by TheKermal

Midtown then, awesome. Best place to be, everything is a subway ride away.
Get a subway map (http://www.mta.info/).
Quote by GettintheLedout
Midtown then, awesome. Best place to be, everything is a subway ride away.
Get a subway map (http://www.mta.info/).

Thanks man
I really like the pretty central location myself
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
Quote by kikaykitko
I have no idea why you're so thrilled. New York is the filthiest place I have ever set my foot on plus everybody's so serious to the point of being complete assholes. It's congested and dirty, not to mention expensive. And dangerous. I mean no offense to New Yorkers, it was just horrible.

So, yeah, have fun.

You do realize New York isn't JUST Manhattan right? K cool.

Anyway, yeah obviously visit the city, but if you can drive around New York some there's a bunch of sites to visit upstate as well, or on Long Island too actually.
There are like, 15 ray's pizzas.

Only one is the real one.

And if you see any gum stuck to the sidewalk; leave it there. It's not free candy.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Go to Monk's on 84th street or whereever Seinfeld lived.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Hey bro!

That's awesome dude!

You're gonna have so much fun homie!

Send me a post card buddy!

Tee hee, just kidding. Have fun.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by kikaykitko

So, yeah, have fun.

+1 coming from a guy who lived in NY for 11 years.

It's a broken down, disgusting city. People chase you around trying to sell you thier items/beliefs/STD infected bodies. Time Square is overrated to the max. Only a few things to really do there. The crazy giant Apple store, world's largest Toys R' Us, Radio City Music Hall and Rockerfeller Center. That's about it.

Go to Long Island where I lived and listen to some Billy Joel. LI is a GREAT place. It is much more beautiful than any place in the city. The South shore is just amazing.
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Feb 27, 2009,
The rock and roll hall of fame is in Ohio and its not in the pick of destiny. That was a made up rock and roll hall of fame using a library building or somthing closer to LA (its all in the commentary on the movie, I just forget the specifics). Hope you have fun!!
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by The_Paranoia
+1 coming from a guy who lived in NY for 11 years.

It's a broken down, disgusting city. People chase you around trying to sell you thier items/beliefs/STD infected bodies. Time Square is overrated to the max. Only a few things to really do there. The crazy giant Apple store, world's largest Toys R' Us, Radio City Music Hall and Rockerfeller Center. That's about it.

Go to Long Island where I lived and listen to some Billy Joel. LI is a GREAT place. It is much more beautiful than any place in the city. The South shore is just amazing.

what's up with Radio City Music Hall and Rockerfeller Center ?

and to those of you saying NY is disappointing and disgusting.. well, I'm still really looking forward to see it! Just to be in the states, just to experience the diffrence from what I know of. The skytowers in NY will make the "high buildings" in my contry look like Lego-buildings!!

Quote by xFilth
Hyg dig og tag en billig Schecter med hjem til mig

er guitarerne billige derovre? xD
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
Quote by TheKermal
what's up with Radio City Music Hall and Rockerfeller Center ?

and to those of you saying NY is disappointing and disgusting.. well, I'm still really looking forward to see it! Just to be in the states, just to experience the diffrence from what I know of. The skytowers in NY will make the "high buildings" in my contry look like Lego-buildings!!

Radio City Music Hall is just a great place. Got plenty of plays, concerts and such. Same with Rockerfeller. They are beautiful buildings. The Sky Line isn't the same since 9/11 I'll be honest... Oh and you gotta see a play on Broadway. If you don't you just wasted your time.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Radio City Music Hall is just a great place. Got plenty of plays, concerts and such. Same with Rockerfeller. They are beautiful buildings. The Sky Line isn't the same since 9/11 I'll be honest... Oh and you gotta see a play on Broadway. If you don't you just wasted your time.

oh we are planning to see a show on broadway
would like to see the knicks too but well.. you can't get it all
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
Quote by TheKermal
oh we are planning to see a show on broadway
would like to see the knicks too but well.. you can't get it all

Oh more warning my friend, don't get your hopes up because "no wan tawks like diz." All in the movies.
theres that ac/dc store there too i think, might be worth checking out...
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Page 1 of 2