http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ds-1/2411

is the boss ds-1 a good dist. pedal?

quite alot of people (especially in the pedalboard thread) have it, so it seems like a good choice.

i play anything from arctic monkeys and green day to metallica, children of bodom and killswitch engage.

amp - roland cube 30x

thanks
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
if you mod it then yes

if you dont mod it then no

simple
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
if you mod it then yes

if you dont mod it then no

simple

fair enough

any alternatives?

what about the ds-2? any better?

i was also looking at the proco rat 2..

Quote by cornmancer
the DS-2 is certainly an improvement, just go easy on the gain

either way they wont replicate a screaming valve amp so dont hope for miracles =/
what are these pedal mods everyone talks about... i have a sd-1 id love to mess around with. are we talking about buying a mod kit and lots of super technical electronic stuff, or jsut soldering a few connections?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
what are these pedal mods everyone talks about... i have a sd-1 id love to mess around with. are we talking about buying a mod kit and lots of super technical electronic stuff, or jsut soldering a few connections?

+1

Quote by cornmancer
i modded my SD-1 and bought a DS-1 solely for modding, no regrets.

you go on the net and find some instructions, work out what components you need, aquire them from a shop or online.

the internet tutorials will say something like "replace C13 with 100uF"

so you open up the pedal, find C13 ("C13" will be printed on the board, usually underneath the component)

you snip the old one out, melt the old connections, remove the old legs and open the hole up. then put the new value cap in and solder in place.

i changed maybe 10 components on each pedal

you may be able to get kits, im not sure =/

anyways once you're finished it will be a completely different pedal and one hundred million times more awesome

if you have a basic working knowledge of electronics you should be ok
It's nice for what it is--a cheap distortion pedal. It can be modded in a way that makes it a nice pedal.