I get mine from when I get depressed or pissed off then I write a metal riff. Wheres places for inspiration? ive been too happy and loving life lately. i got mine when i was more depressed and hating life to a big extent.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Experiences.

Not necessarily good or bad, but I take inspiration from stuff that happens. Generally the music I write reflects my mood and feelings at the time of writing.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Got my inspiration in music by listening Linkin Park, after playing GH i got inspiration for guitar and changed to other bands such as heavy metal and hard rock like Metallica, old guns n roses...
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Quote by Sonny_sam
Experiences.

Not necessarily good or bad, but I take inspiration from stuff that happens. Generally the music I write reflects my mood and feelings at the time of writing.

maybe ill try that.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Stealing black people's music. Oh no wait, that's led zeppelin.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Whatever I feel...and drinking....Drinking is an awesome source of inspiration.

Edit: inb4 your mum
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Last edited by goth clash at Feb 27, 2009,
When I'm in good moods I write dance riffs.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Girls.
Nothing else really distorts my reality into something else other than them.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
yes! drinking! now if only i was 21...haha
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by Kensai
Stealing black people's music. Oh no wait, that's led zeppelin.

And every other 70's and 80's rock band come to mention it!
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
People, places and every-day kinda things.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I get it from nowhere?

Uh. I have problems playing guitar when I'm pissed because I go bashing stuff around, I slam doors and I curse.

Then I break down and cry

Then I don't write music, because I'm busy with other stuff.

But, I don't know where.
DeVillains!
I write a lot of lyrics, as cheesy as it may sound, I listen to a lot of Rise Against because they have awesome lyrics. Whenever I am sitting at my desk and I feel unmotivated, I simply look up, and on the wall behind my desk is a vinyl with Rise Against' single from their new CD on it, and it has all their signatures from when I met them... Kind of a ..."Hey, your signature could be on someone's wall if you stop playing warcraft III and start writing some lyrics..." Then I proceed to listen to Thrice very, extremely loud..also for lyrical inspiration.
Last edited by metalcore123 at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by metalcore123
I write a lot of lyrics, as cheesy as it may sound, I listen to a lot of Rise Against because they have awesome lyrics. Whenever I am sitting at my desk and I feel unmotivated, I simply look up, and on the wall behind my desk is a vinyl with Rise Against' single from their new CD on it, and it has all their signatures. Kind of a ..."Hey, your signature could be on someone's wall if you stop playing warcraft III and start writing some lyrics..." Then I proceed to listen to Thrice very, extremely loud..also for lyrical inspiration.

to both artists!

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

newsflash: all rock is at least partially based off the blues and "black music".
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by metalcore123
I write a lot of lyrics, as cheesy as it may sound, I listen to a lot of Rise Against because they have awesome lyrics. Whenever I am sitting at my desk and I feel unmotivated, I simply look up, and on the wall behind my desk is a vinyl with Rise Against' single from their new CD on it, and it has all their signatures from when I met them... Kind of a ..."Hey, your signature could be on someone's wall if you stop playing warcraft III and start writing some lyrics..." Then I proceed to listen to Thrice very, extremely loud..also for lyrical inspiration.

Grom Hellscream > lyrics!
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by ScottElwood
newsflash: all rock is at least partially based off the blues and "black music".

Newsflash: We know you racist