Page 1 of 2
So I really like old Dimmu Borgir as well as other black metal bands and I really wanna understand their lyrics. Is there a good site or program that can help me learn Norwegian as fast as possible? Yes I looked at google but I wanna know what's the best site. I'm looking for reccomendations.
Just go to soviet russia, where norwegian learns you.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Languages take time to learn, you can't just learn one really really quickly.
Get some classes?
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Google for someone who already translated the words into English.

You can do this in a single minute, learning Norwegian will take many months.
Jeg bare merker att det är icke rum för mig å vare med og då vill jeg icke vare me, så jag trekker mig. Ha en skicklig god jul då!
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by KileManA7X
Wish I could but I'm stuck here in NY for at least 4 more years

Then just translate the text. By a hot norwegian girl. If they exist.

<.<

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Jeg bare merker att det är icke rum för mig å vare med og då vill jeg icke vare me, så jag trekker mig. Ha en skicklig god jul då!

Noe har jeg ikke juleafton där jaeg bor. Men skicklig god Jan-olov aften dock!
Better yet learn Swedish,Norwegian is basicly you take a Swedish person and hit him in the Head whith a hammer then he starts talking funny.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium
Better yet learn Swedish,Norwegian is basicly you take a Swedish person and hit him in the Head whith a hammer then he starts talking funny.

Then who was phone?

I mean, what about danes and skåningar?
Quote by KileManA7X
The translation dosn't seem to work all the time. I still get words like där

Där = there
Quote by KileManA7X
The translation dosn't seem to work all the time. I still get words like där

Det är bare grejt!
Quote by Kensai
Där = there

I officially learned more today from Kensai than in three hours of classes.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

If you want to know the lyrics to Dimmu Borgir songs, why not just look up the translations?

I KNOW let's spend a year or two learning Norwegian so I can find out that Dimmu Borgir is saying the same **** they say in all their songs!
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Honestly, if you want to learn it you should take a course or something, in my opinion it's a very easy language, but starters may have big problems with the pronounciations.
音づれない
Quote by Nexium

Yeah right.
Well, at least we're both better than the danish.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Just come down here, brah! You'll meet so many hot chicks you'll forget all about the lyrics. Trust me, it's all good here in good ole' Norway.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by Nexium

Man, it's the other way around

By the way, anyone watch the skiing world championships? Norway destroyed Sweden in the 4*10 relay today

Norway is win.
HA norwiegian, its like trying to learn anthony burgess' language from A Clockwork Orange
LOOK AT MY SIG!!!!
Learn Finnish, it's harder and cooler.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by MushroomBomb
Just come down here, brah! You'll meet so many hot chicks you'll forget all about the lyrics. Trust me, it's all good here in good ole' Norway.

But what if TS doesn't like black metallers or wool shirt wearing Ingrids from small fisherman villages?
you're going to have a hard time understanding Black Metal lyrics even if you do speak Norwegian.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by MushroomBomb

In Oslo, maybe. You been down to Stavanger lately? ****ty weather, ****ty girls, and absolutely nothing to do.
Last edited by domino_92 at Feb 27, 2009,
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']But what if TS doesn't like black metallers or wool shirt wearing Ingrids from small fisherman villages?

You got mixed up, that's Finland.

This... is... NORWAAAAAAAAAY!

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Norsk er egentlig ikke så veldig vanskelig bare man blir vandt til å bruke det.
Norwegian isnt really that hard once you get used to speaking it. Though i was born in Norway, i had to learn to speak at some point eh?
Dimmu Borgir's better songs are in english anyway, basically the whole of In Sorte Diaboli.
Quote by Nexium

Bah, Swedish isn't nearly as necrokvlt as Norwegian. Besides, what you are describing is a Dane, well, you don't need any specific origin, just find someone and hit him in the head with a RGBO*.

@OP:
Classes in Norway would probably be the best way, as you get to immerse yourself into the language properly. Which is probably a bit over the top to get Dimmu Borgir lyrics.

*Random Generic Blunt Object.

EDIT:
And I can testify that there is an abundance of hot females in this country. Even in the high school I work at there is an abundance of them.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Last edited by Sheepdragon at Mar 1, 2009,
Im residing in Molde in Norway and Im also keen on picking up some of the language. Sadly there isnt much out there in the way of learning materials.

Books are useless as the pronouciation is a nightmare to get right.

I've met a norwegian girl who speaks better english than I do, so im learning from her.

Also, £9 a pint? WTF?
Quote by MRavioli
James May taught me:

kuk=coc k

That's all you need to know.
I'm from Norway... only 14 but The difference in the alphabet is that in the norwegian one it is Æ, Ø, Å added at the very end at the alphabet.
Ja = Yes
Nei = No
Kansje = Maybe
Norge = Norway
Rød = Red
Blue = Blå
Gul = Yellow
Svart = Black
Hvit = White
Eple = apple
Mobil = mobile
Telefon = Telephone