hey so i was wondering whether anyone knows about a guitar that has these things:
24 fret neck
ORIGINAL floyd rose tremelo
preferably neck-thru body
some good humbuckers and maybe a single coil or something
(about the pick ups im not sure because i hear that active EMGs are great for metal except some ppl say they're only good for pinch harmonics and i don't know whether they'll be clean up alright. i have a seymour duncan JB Tb-4 pick up in my jackson and it's pretty sweet although there are probably some guitars that have a little more treble for metal)

basically i want a FR, 24 frets, set neck and pick ups that can play metal (not the heaviest kind but BFMV, A7x etc.)

any ideas??
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Budget?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Check schecter higher-end models, jackson USA, not sure but maybe washburn, and LTD/ESP.

I'd advise against active pickups, because I really put in doubt anyone who says he's only playing metal with the thing, that's basically buying a time bomb, since even if you don't know yourself eventually you WILL puke metal from every orifice you've gotten, leading to mass disdain of anything that shines doing the genre but sucks at anything else.

Unless of course you're speaking of active single coils, but that'S anoter story...

Hope I helped.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
this thread made me think of my xiphos. it has all you have listed (- ofr) but it can directly swap out for an ofr. so it really depends on your budget. xiphos has great pups too. i would also advise against active, sound way too choppy. passives are even better for metal imo
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
yeah i was looking around on the websites and there aren't many that i want

how are active emg single coils anyway??
seems kinda stupid to me

i don't plan on just playing metal i plan on playing metal and other more chill stuff too
Gear:
Peavey VK 100 Head

get teh xiphos!!!
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
...... (don't get a schecter)
lol. but really, main difference is, fat neck schec, thin neck ibz
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
there not too fat... i was just saying that wou1ld be the big difference between the two
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
yeah a ibanez wizard neck is thinner but the fretboard is also wider, im used to a les paul neck and i cant play wizard necks they are too wide for me
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
yeah. especially the original wizard. that thing is so thin and flat. the wizard two is a bit better.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Ltd M-1000.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
KH-602. it is THE guitar you just desribed in ur first post.

OFR
24 frets
2 EMGs
~$1000
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
please, dont get emgs and hope for versatility, at all
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
alright first off thanks for posting cuz you guys r really being helpful

about the Xiphos, it looks good and i like the shape and everything but i don't think i'd get it if i was just gonna switch out the FR anyway because and i play at my church on sundays and there are a bunch of old ppl there who were against the idea of even having an electric guitar in the first place so.. im gonna have to say no but it looks sweet

about the schechters im a little suspicious about the craftsmanship or something because the hellraiser diamond series (which ive played) has an original FR, HUGE amounts of binding, sexy body, active emgs w/ coil splitting and special fretboard inlays. it sounds like it should cost much more than it actually does which makes me a little suspicious
plus schecter really needs to make some models that are similar but different because A LOT of ppl have the schechter hellraiser and almost all of them have the black cherry body color which i don't particulary like
if there isn't anything iffy about them then ill definetly buy one

about the LTD EC-1000 FR im a little skeptical about the FR bridge because they don't come out and say it's an original
it looks SOOOOO sexy though but im not sure if id want it..
maybe..

the LTD M-1000 also doesn't say about the bridge but it looks ok and i might get it

the Kirk hammet one looks pretty good too

basically im stuck between the last three

Anyone know about some humbuckers that are kinda versatile but can still do some heavy stuff too?
my seymour duncan JB in my jackson is pretty good but there might be other kinds that are better
Gear:
Peavey VK 100 Head

Most of the guitars being suggested aren't neck-thru. I've got an Epiphone Spotlight (a model they only made in the mid to late 80s) It's got all of those things except for the floyd.

Don't be afraid of a LFR. As long as it isn't an Ibanez Edge FR or some other really cheap one they aren't that bad

Washburn might have something
UG's Prodigal Son
they make a schecter hellraiser in white... and schecters SHOULD cost WAY more! but they dont. their build quality is as good or better than mast other midlevel manufactures. IMHO, id say that would be the best choice out of those.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
they make a schecter hellraiser in white... and schecters SHOULD cost WAY more! but they dont. their build quality is as good or better than mast other midlevel manufactures. IMHO, id say that would be the best choice out of those.

i think they should do different colors than just the black, cherry, and white. maybe a blue, a sunburst, possibly a purple
Quote by randomhero93
i think they should do different colors than just the black, cherry, and white. maybe a blue, a sunburst, possibly a purple

holy sh!t! can you imagine one of those in a 3 color desert burst? that would be gorgeous! to bad schecters prolly never gona offer more than the 3 out now...

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
ok first i don't want an ibanez because the high end ibanezs all have the zero bridge and unless someone can convince me that it's good i don't want one

second i was looking at some BC Richs and they have a lot of metal shapes but a lot of them have original floyd roses but im doubtful of the build quality also im not sure about the rockfield pickups

thirdly i was looking at washburns and they interest me because of the buzz feiten tuning system which i had read about in a guitar set up book but again im not too sure

as for the schechter i know it supposed to be good and it seems good but SOOOO many ppl already own the hellraiser so im gonna look stooopid and they only have three colors: black, white, or this ugly red color and honestly i don't like the white and i don't see the point of a black guitar so if schechter made something like the hellraiser but different id prolly get it

maybe i should make a petition to get them to make one
Gear:
Peavey VK 100 Head

Quote by velmis
AH what the hell go crazy ang buy a Gibson axcess XD
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Les-Paul-Axcess-Standard.aspx
OMG those are expensive!!!
but nice, nice

sexy but i doubt it's as good as it looks
besides it's sacrilege
Gear:
Peavey VK 100 Head

why dont you just swap the floyd in your JACKSON SOLOIST for OFR?
the guitar is good...
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by led,rainsong
ok first i don't want an ibanez because the high end ibanezs all have the zero bridge and unless someone can convince me that it's good i don't want one

second i was looking at some BC Richs and they have a lot of metal shapes but a lot of them have original floyd roses but im doubtful of the build quality also im not sure about the rockfield pickups

thirdly i was looking at washburns and they interest me because of the buzz feiten tuning system which i had read about in a guitar set up book but again im not too sure

as for the schechter i know it supposed to be good and it seems good but SOOOO many ppl already own the hellraiser so im gonna look stooopid and they only have three colors: black, white, or this ugly red color and honestly i don't like the white and i don't see the point of a black guitar so if schechter made something like the hellraiser but different id prolly get it

maybe i should make a petition to get them to make one

How about doing a bit of research, before calling every LFR a crap. Ibanez tremolos are about as perfect, as OFR can get (Excluding Edge III, Lo-Trs, and Edge pro's), there must be a point, because of which Vai, Satriani, prefer their tremolos, over OFR's.
Second, The EC-1000 FR DOES have OFR.
Third, why do you want a Neck through construction ? Unless it's the fret access you are looking for (which I doubt), Set neck, or a good bolt on, will be as good, or even better (speaking of proper bolt-on,which provides most sustain), and won't be such a pain in the ass to replace, if broken.
Fourth, EMG's and Blackouts have nothing to do with versatility, I assure you, you would be better of with set of great passives, instead of active pickups, you most likely aren't on this stage yet.
Fifth for good guitars (if you are still for actives), look at ESP's Mh-1000, Ec 1000, Schecter Blackjack, Schecter Hellraiser,Ibanez RG1550M.
Apologies for my terrible english.
Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR. $800 24 Frets. Set-Thru, OFR, JB/'59 PASSIVES (soo versatile)
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Check out Carvin's stock guitars, theres bound to be something in there that you'll like and all their guitars are essentially custom shop specs and reasonably priced. You could go for a total custom guitar by them but 1. Definitely much more expensive 2. A long wait for them to make it for you. So definitely check out the guitars they have in stock.
Honestly, they are all right about the guitar choice.

But I wouldn't get the Floyd Rose.
Yes, I'm a bluesman, but still. I tried one out, and it was ****ing sick. I'd hate to own one though because changing strings through it must be a pain in the ***
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
changing strings on a floyd rose is easier than on a regular guitar because you can make the string wrap around the tuning post as many or few times as you want because if you want to change it all you do is unclamp the string at the bridge and cut off a little more

ill check out carvin guitars
i think i saw the schechter blackjacks but i didn't like it but ill look again
actually i just wanna make sure i get the best tremolo bridge possible that's why i want an OFR the FR on my jackson is actually pretty frickin good (im not saying the tuning doesn't change but it takes a while for it to get niticeably out of tune)

im interested in seymour duncans becuase the JB in my jackson is frickin sweet but im curious about EMGs and coit tapping as well as Rockfield pups (fat ass soudns like it might be cool)

check these out plz
http://cgi.ebay.com/Washburn-X40Pro-QTBL-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ350175833445QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item350175833445&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A16%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
http://cgi.ebay.com/Washburn-X40PRO-Quilt-Trans-Blue-Duncan-Silverbirds_W0QQitemZ370171482818QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item370171482818&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A16%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
they're basically the same but one has different pups so i was wondering which is better and what you guys think
i don't like the headstock and that's it's bolt on or the fretboard but it's kinda cheap so maybe

can someone like explain how other seymour duncan humbuckers are in comparison to a JB because i know how a JB is but others are a mystery

THANKS
Gear:
Peavey VK 100 Head