Hey, im new in this forum, and new to guitar playing.
I want to but an Electric Guitar but a cheap one, and I found a guitar which is quite cheap, but I dont know if its any good so please give me your opinions.

http://www.fortissimoinstruments.co.uk/electric-guitars/electric-guitars/sirocco-electric-guitar-by-fortissimo

Please take in consideration that it is my first electric guitar and im a total begginer.

Thanks Ahead.
Never heard of that brand, but I wouldn't expect much for that price. You don't always get what you pay for, but you definitely don't get what you don't pay for.

If you tell us what music you are most interested in and how much you are willing to spend, we can recommend you something nice.

EDIT: Keep in mind that you'll also need an amp as well as a gig bab, cord, tuner, strap and a stand (okay, last one is not necessary, but nice to have).
Last edited by TheQuailman at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by TheQuailman
Never heard of that brand, but I wouldn't expect much for that price. You don't always get what you pay for, but you definitely don't get what you don't pay for.

If you tell us what music you are most interested in and how much you are willing to spend, we can recommend you something nice.

Well, im interested in that guitar because my budget is really low, and the type of music that I want to play is metal/grunge.
what are you looking to play?
if its rock/metal dont get a squier as 'hyphensprint' suggested, get something with humbuckers, if ur looking at indie/blues/jazz then go for a squire
Oh for god sake, I swear we go through this every ****ing week at least. Use your brain, you think if it costs £59 its going to be any good? And to the guy who said Squiers, No, don't, just save until you get at least £200-300, or dollars or whatever the **** country your in. Then buy something like a Yamaha pacifica, depending on if you want humbuckers, if you do, buy something like a vintage v100 or something. And if you buy a package guitar. I will hunt your arse down and rape you sideways. They are ****, there has only been one package that I have seen which is worth buying, and even still, its a bass, and £300.
Do Resarch, Go out and play some guitars FFS!

Oh, and next time read the FAQ..

Oh great, now I seem harsh. Oh well, **** it. I'm just pissed off that every time I come to this forum I see threads like this.
Last edited by NKF176 at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by NKF176
Oh for god sake, I swear we go through this every ****ing week at least. Use your brain, you think if it costs £59 its going to be any good? And to the guy who said Squiers, No, don't, just save until you get at least £200-300, or dollars or whatever the **** country your in. Then buy something like a Yamaha pacifica, depending on if you want humbuckers, if you do, buy something like a vintage v100 or something. And if you buy a package guitar. I will hunt your arse down and rape you sideways. They are ****, there has only been one package that I have seen which is worth buying, and even still, its a bass, and £300.
Do Resarch, Go out and play some guitars FFS!

Oh, and next time read the FAQ..

Oh great, now I seem harsh. Oh well, **** it. I'm just pissed off that every time I come to this forum I see threads like this.

I was actually reading the FAQ while waiting for answers over here.
I know I wont get a great guitar for that price, but im also not looking to buy a great one for the moment.Because my budget is very low, but thanks anywas
I agree with the top quote of your Sig NKF176.

But depending on your budget I would get a Cort G Series or a Vintage.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
We'd need to know how low it is exactly. I'll be honest, starting out under 300 pounds is not recommended. There is no point getting shoddy equipment because it ruins the fun and you'll want to replace it as quickly as possible.

The guitars you linked to are not good for metal and grunge, because they don't have the pickups for those styles. You'd want something with a humbucker in the bridge position, these guitars only have single coils. There is a sticky that explains everything you need to know as a beginner, wait, i'll post it in a second.

EDIT: Here you go. Please read all of that, Dave explained it better than I ever could:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365675
Last edited by TheQuailman at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by tom9191
I was actually reading the FAQ while waiting for answers over here.
I know I wont get a great guitar for that price, but im also not looking to buy a great one for the moment.Because my budget is very low, but thanks anywas

K, then if you really can't go higher, then looks like your going to have to go for cheap. Either check eBay, or, dare I say it, if you don't want to go higher, and this is desperation, for a pack. At least it'll get you started. But then you've got me finding your arse and raping you. Seriously though, if you can go to 200 you'll never regret it.
Yamaha Pacifica 012 and Roland Microcube, seriously, that combo for a beginner on cheap is win.

Oh, and sorry iI sounded harsh, I was pissed off. Seems I have quick mood changes...
Oh, sorry, didn't read you wanted metal, you'll need something with humbuckers.

And to the guy who said they agree with my sig, yeah, I get that a lot.
It's all well and good telling a beginner to go and play some guitars. But a very large percentage of the time a beginner CANNOT play a guitar and has no idea what "good" or "bad" sounds like.
Try out a Squier bullet strat. its cheap and it has a great sound. my cousin has one and i like playing it a lot. I switch playing between his bullet strat and my ESP go play one in a store and see what you think. Also for clarification, bullet strats DO make a nice evil sound. trust me I've used it.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your guitar will be infinite. Far over 9000.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/oXiDe2030/fnmetal.jpg[/IMG]
Last edited by BeastTheBand at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by Howard2k
It's all well and good telling a beginner to go and play some guitars. But a very large percentage of the time a beginner CANNOT play a guitar and has no idea what "good" or "bad" sounds like.

I didn't mean for playing, its not all about tone. If he has a nice guitar, but he isn't comfortable, then there's really not much point getting it is there?
^ (Above post)I might sig that
And listen to Qaily, its worth it to wait. Unless your hellbent on playing, but then if you are, then you may as well have decnet equipment. Its all up to you. We can't make the decision for you.
Quote by NKF176
K, then if you really can't go higher, then looks like your going to have to go for cheap. Either check eBay, or, dare I say it, if you don't want to go higher, and this is desperation, for a pack. At least it'll get you started. But then you've got me finding your arse and raping you. Seriously though, if you can go to 200 you'll never regret it.
Yamaha Pacifica 012 and Roland Microcube, seriously, that combo for a beginner on cheap is win.

Oh, and sorry iI sounded harsh, I was pissed off. Seems I have quick mood changes...
Oh, sorry, didn't read you wanted metal, you'll need something with humbuckers.

And to the guy who said they agree with my sig, yeah, I get that a lot.

haha its all good.
I was actually thinking abuot getting a starter pack(please dont kill me ) but most likely im gonna connect the guitar to my computer and use that as an amp(from what i have been reading its possible right?)
and dont worry, ones my business goes good ill be getting a better guitar lol.
Quote by tom9191
haha its all good.
I was actually thinking abuot getting a starter pack(please dont kill me ) but most likely im gonna connect the guitar to my computer and use that as an amp(from what i have been reading its possible right?)
and dont worry, ones my business goes good ill be getting a better guitar lol.

Not worth it. You'll blow your speakers, or at least **** them up. You need a jack converter, and need to do some other stuff to your cpu. Its not worth the hassle. If you're really skint then buy the guitar, then later on buy an amp. You'll only be learning anyways.
You can use a stereo instead of an amp, but it'd not sound too good. It'd not sound like metal or grunge at all and you'd risk blowing your speakers.
You can use it with your computer if you have the proper software (and I think Soundcard?) for it, which would cost you just as much as good beginner equipment.
Quote by TheQuailman
You can use a stereo instead of an amp, but it'd not sound too good. It'd not sound like metal or grunge at all and you'd risk blowing your speakers.
You can use it with your computer if you have the proper software (and I think Soundcard?) for it, which would cost you just as much as good beginner equipment.

I have a pretty good sound card and speakers, and ill connect the guitar to a mixxing table and the mixing table is connected to the computer, but i dont know what im gonna do yet.
Quote by tom9191
I have a pretty good sound card and speakers, and ill connect the guitar to a mixxing table and the mixing table is connected to the computer, but i dont know what im gonna do yet.

Its really not worth it, buy an amp, its what they're there for.
don't buy anything like that. At least save up like 150 euros or something, that will at least get you something that sound OKAY. and it wont kill ur budget.
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Last edited by dwmacfar2 at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by dwmacfar2
don't buy anything like that. At least save up like 15 euros or something, that will at least get you something that sound OKAY. and it wont kill ur budget.

what can i get good for 15€ extra?
Quote by tom9191
what can i get good for 15€ extra?

If you mean 15 euros on top of that 60 euros, not a damn lot. There isn't going to be a massive difference.
Quote by NKF176
If you mean 15 euros on top of that 60 euros, not a damn lot. There isn't going to be a massive difference.

i edited it, i meant 150, i appologize, for 150 extra euros, u can get a lot better stuff. I think in euros for about 210 euros u can get a schecter omen 6. great for metal.
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Quote by dwmacfar2
i edited it, i meant 150, i appologize, for 150 extra euros, u can get a lot better stuff. I think in euros for about 210 euros u can get a schecter omen 6. great for metal.

Thought so
Quote by dwmacfar2

oh ok lol..well ill see what i can do, i managed without a guitar til now i guess i can wait a bit longer.

Thanks u all