Yes I know, another floyd rose question, I'm sorry ...
I recently switched from .9s to .10s on my rg and naturally as I tuned back to standard, the bridge lifted.
So I went to tighten the screws and after the bridge was still lifted from he body.
My question is how tight are the springs able to go before something snaps? And are .10s able to tune to standard?
I don't really want anything to brek so I'm being careful.
At the moment, there is about 1.3cm or 1.4 cm clearance between trem clamp and body.
You can put them as tight as you need them. 10s at standard is no problem, 12s at standard is ok as well. Nothing on a floyd will break ...ever.
You'll be fine. I changed from 9's to 10's on my Jackson guitar some months ago with just three springs. Granted, I'm not an avid (ab)user of the floyd, but nothing's snapped on me yet.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
On the Floyd on my Cort, I used to have 9's and it was just right, without changing springs and stuff. Now i have 10's, I just have to tune guitar in D or add another spring. No need for screwing with screws
Quote by Tempoe
You can put them as tight as you need them. 10s at standard is no problem, 12s at standard is ok as well. Nothing on a floyd will break ...ever.

ahhhh. hmm, ok even tho i agree that 10s are usually tamed with 3 springs no problem. you're not there wt his guitar. he might need another spring.

screws pull out of trem cavities all the time.
yeah, it depends on the model guitar, but when in doubt, adding a spring is always a simple way to pull down a stubborn bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011