I remember when I was a wee young lad, I would try SO hard to make a riff sound somewhat cool, I tried everything, but still - nope.

So here I am 8 years later, sitting here in front of my computer with my guitar on my lap, and without looking at the guitar or even paying attention for that matter to what my hands are doing, I make these really ballin sweet sounding riffs while reading the days news.

Don't you love when you notice stuff like this? Makes you feel like you come a long way, y'know? Similar to trying to learn a song when you start, and a few years later you laugh and try to comprehend how you ever even thought that was hard. I love this feeling. Anyone else?

I'm still a wee young lad, I still try to make stuff sound cool, and I still can't do it.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
You know what really makes you think?

5/0
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
With music, the best stuff always comes when you stop trying to force it out of yourself.

Much like when taking a crap.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by CoreysMonster
and yet you're still not famous, and your technique and tone still suck.

that's when reality kicks in

Actually I'm pretty sure earlier today I achieved the perfect clean tone through the wonders of multi-effect pedals.

Made me cream tbh.

Also I don't want to be famous, I just want to teach music.
i can still recall when i was trying to learn War Pigs, and i thought i would never be able to play it.

now, i don't think in terms of how "good" i am, but in terms of how my own ideas sound and whether i can accurately transfer real feelings into a melody.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by Dog--
Actually I'm pretty sure earlier today I achieved the perfect clean tone through the wonders of multi-effect pedals.

Made me cream tbh.

Also I don't want to be famous, I just want to teach music.

have fun being poor, if you set your aims low that's all you're ever gonna get
I remember smoke on the water.

AWW MAN THIS SOUNDS SOOO COOL, I'M ACTUALLY PLAYING IT!

Now it's just like whatevs I can play that **** with my teeth blindfold and no hands.
Quote by Dog--

Made me cream tbh.

I don't wanna ruin it for you, but..... nevermind.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Quote by CoreysMonster

Because I want to teach music rather than be famous? By your logic, if you don't want to be famous than you'll end up a hobo...
Quote by Daneeka
I don't wanna ruin it for you, but..... nevermind.

I know what you want to say, I got **** gear and I still made a sweet ass tone, imagine if I actually had good gear - **** yea.
Quote by CoreysMonster

What's so low about being a teacher? Being famous doesn't appeal to everyone, so not everyone is going to aim for it. Personally I'd love to be a guitar teacher.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by Dog--
Because I want to teach music rather than be famous? By your logic, if you don't want to be famous than you'll end up a hobo...

huh? I never said that.

What I said was, have fun being eternally poor as an underpaid music teacher, because most music teachers are (I know quite a few), and since you have no aspiration to become anything greater than that, you obviously never will.

My message was supposed to be "aim for the stars" and don't settle for less. Don't say you'll never be famous or you don't want to be famous, because then you never will.

It was supposed to be encouraging, but I guess I have to work on my attitude as well and stop being so goddamn cynical

I only meant well.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 27, 2009,
I've only been playing a little over 3 years so i'll send you a message in 5 years time, I get what you mean though, it's a good feeling when you look back on what you couldn't do before.
Quote by Dog--
I know what you want to say, I got **** gear and I still made a sweet ass tone, imagine if I actually had good gear - **** yea.

How do you live with yourself?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by CoreysMonster
huh? I never said that.

What I said was, have fun being eternally poor as an underpaid music teacher, because most music teachers are, and since you have no aspiration to become anything greater than that, you obviously never will.

My message was supposed to be "aim for the stars" and don't settle for less. Don't say you'll never be famous or you don't want to be famous, because then you never will.

It was supposed to be encouraging, but I guess I have to work on my attitude as well and stop being so goddamn cynical

I only meant well.

I couldn't give 2 ****s about money, if I make a living from music, teaching or playing, I'll be happy for the rest of my life. Sure if I become famous, well then cool, but I'm not really aspiring to be famous because it doesn't appeal to me. Sitting down and teaching new players to be good players - THAT appeals to me big time.

No one should aim for the stars, they should aim for what they want most in life.
Last edited by Dog-- at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by Dog--
I couldn't give 2 ****s about money, if I make a living from music, teaching or playing, I'll be happy for the rest of my life. Sure if I become famous, well then cool, but I'm not really aspiring to be famous because it doesn't appeal to me. Sitting down and teaching new players to be good players - THAT appeals to me big time.

No one should aim for the stars, they should aim for what they want most in life.

have you ever been poor?

I mean, really, factually, have-no-idea-where-your-next-meal-is-gonna-come-from poor?

if you haven't, then don't say you don't care about money.

I understand where you're coming from, you don't care about having ALOT of money, which is okay, but you have to have a certain amount of money to be able to live a decent life, and quite a few of the music teachers I know cannot live on lessons alone, that's all I meant.
And everyone should aim for the stars, but that means that everyone should aim for their dreams, not riches. For instance, my dream is to work as an animator at Pixar, of course I'm not gonna earn tons of money working as an animator, but that's my dream, and no matter how unlikely it is, I'm gonna go after it.
THAT'S what aiming for the stars is, not going after money.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by Dog--

"Don't aim for the stars when your target is the moon."
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by strat0blaster
With music, the best stuff always comes when you stop trying to force it out of yourself.

Much like when taking a crap.

lol true
I've got another 5 years to go before I'm playing 8, so I'll try remember to bump this 5 years into the future.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by CoreysMonster
have you ever been poor?

I mean, really, factually, have-no-idea-where-your-next-meal-is-gonna-come-from poor?

if you haven't, then don't say you don't care about money.

I have.

And I don't care about money. At all. If I have it, great. If not and I have to live in the woods, fine too.

However - your point is 100% correct. Most people who act like money means nothing are people who have too much of it and haven't missed a meal.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I have.

And I don't care about money. At all. If I have it, great. If not and I have to live in the woods, fine too.

However - your point is 100% correct. Most people who act like money means nothing are people who have too much of it and haven't missed a meal.

Actually I have no money also.
Quote by irongoat666
What's so low about being a teacher? Being famous doesn't appeal to everyone, so not everyone is going to aim for it. Personally I'd love to be a guitar teacher.

+1 I ever so passionately despise the thought of being famous. Id rather die.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
+1 I ever so passionately despise the thought of being famous. Id rather die.

Well you're pretty famous on UG soooooo....
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by tremeloud
Well you're pretty famous on UG soooooo....

well thats very flattering, im actually nowhere near close though, but thank you dear

Although, just to be more clear, I meant as in celebrity/world wide known famous.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by Dog--
Actually I have no money also.

Sell some of those sexy Multi-Effects pedals you've been talking about.

Or maybe your guitar.

Or your computer.

You're not poor.
lol I saved up for literally years to get that stuff working 2 jobs. I have a $600 laptop, I payed $100 for a second hand multi effect, and I'm not even going to get into how I got all my guitars.. I payed very very little for all of them.

And by the way, I am selling my 12 string..

The only thing I payed top dollar for was my Les Paul, and I only payed $600 (after saving forever) for it.

Now stop arguing with me, you seem to be the only person who cares about if I'm poor or not.

Is it really that important to you if I care about money or not - I don't, ok case closed. Ive had money before, I've been poor, I still don't care about it.
Last edited by Dog-- at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by Dog--
lol I saved up for literally years to get that stuff working 2 jobs. I have a $600 laptop, I payed $100 for a second hand multi effect, and I'm not even going to get into how I got all my guitars.. I payed very very little for all of them.

And by the way, I am selling my 12 string..

The only thing I payed top dollar for was my Les Paul, and I only payed $600 (after saving forever) for it.

Now stop arguing with me, you seem to be the only person who cares about if I'm poor or not.

That was my first post in this thread..
hmm. Maybe I argue too much but I feel like we've gone on for atleast since half of page one.. But yea that was your first post.. My bad, I'm sorry.