I'm trying to re-adjust the intonation on my thin e-string because it's way off (I have a floyd rose btw). All the other strings are pretty much dead-on though. When adjusting the saddle i noticed that i had to move it forward, but that it simply wasnt possible, the saddle cant be moved as much forward as i need it to move. What should I do? What's wrong?
let me know if you find the solution. i am in the same boat with my low E. i checked to make sure the bridge was level, the neck straight, and that didnt do anything. i'm out of ideas.
try checking the fine tuners? or perhaps the locking nut at the headstock? maybe the string isn't properly sitting in the nut itself?
let me know if you find the solution. i am in the same boat with my low E. i checked to make sure the bridge was level, the neck straight, and that didnt do anything. i'm out of ideas.

Whoa guests can post comments?

Anyways, my string broke while adjusting the intonation so I changed the strings and that kind of helped.
Maybe lowering the action? I don't know if it's that simple. Maybe loosen the truss rod and add a little bow to your neck. Better yet, take it to a tech - When in doubt, techs know best.
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!