16 76%
Classic
3 14%
Punk
1 5%
Alternative
1 5%
Voters: 21.
Hey the name's Stephen (pronounced 'Stefen'...man I hate it when people call me 'Steve'..I'm not some idiot with a stupid blue dog ) . I'm 15 and have been playing on the acoustic for about a year but now I think I'm ready to upgrade to an electric guitar. I currently only know basic choards but in a year or so I'm hoing to be writing my own songs. For my favorite band probably either HAMMERFALL or IRON MAIDEN. For the explanation of my name just read my signature. So hope to get to know everyone here and stay cool
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Phwar.....keep that sig out of the pit kid, you'll get owned..
Quote by Ikonoklast
Tie her up and drive her into some woods, pour petrol over her and then ask her if she wants you back.

Anyone in Birmingham, England meet up for a Jam?

Quote by uk.mace
My hand gave me a handjob

Won't give me a f*cking blowjob though
Hey Stephen, Welcome to UG.

In regards your poll, we have a forum for each of those genres and more in the Bands & Artists Forum, so you can talk with people who like each kind of genre there. However if you really want to find out which one is th emost popular, just start a thread in the main Bands and Artists forum. However be sure to Search first, becasue someone may have already done a poll like that before.

For future reference this is the new member forum, where new members can introduce themselves(theres a thread for this stuck at the top of the forum along with the new member FAQ), and also ask questions about the running of the site

Hi Stephen and welcome to UG, but I really don't think this is the right forum to post such a poll in.

And by the way, you might want to change your signature. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it might open you up for some owning. Try incorporating the lines into some lyrics you write in the future or something.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Wow...5 minutes and already 4 'keep that sig and yo'l get owned'. Alright alright I guess there are a few nu metal and alternative fans that could disagree with that statement so I guess I'll change my sig.

So what exactly would you guys recomend to a new comer to the electric guitar guitar wise? I'm looking for something that won't brea the bank too bad ($500 or less would be great). And that has a humbucker pickup or 2 to get that nice Heavy Metal sound. Also what would you guys recomend for learning al the chords, powerchords, scales, etc. Is there a book out there or a site with tutorials?
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by jimmy_neutron

For future reference this is the new member forum, where new members can introduce themselves(theres a thread for this stuck at the top of the forum along with the new member FAQ), and also ask questions about the running of the site

For the advice you are looking for, try here
Quote by jimmy_neutron
However be sure to Search first.

Please, for the love of god pay special attention to this. And if you are going to venture into the metal forum, (i advise you post somewhere friendlier first,) do yourself and everyone else a favour and read all the threads that say 'READ THIS' (there are 2 of them.)

Oh, and welcome.
Get a Warlock, Dual humbuckers. If you get the warlock make sure it has the Beast Headstock, they dont look good wit the other one. The ones with the beast head are either Warbeast, or Wartribe.

What was you signature before? I'm just curious... and I need a good laugh at 4:30 in the morning. I should get to sleep....
..I was watching my death.
Just something explaining my user name. Would make great lyrics for a song. If you want I can message it to you.

And this looks like it has everything I'm looking for in a guitar, would you recomend it?

http://www.activemusician.com/item--BC.MMWGRDBK?ref=fg&ovchn=SCU&ovtac=CMP&ovcpn=&ovcrn=B.C.+Rich+Metal+Master+Warlock+Electric+Guitar+-+Black+w%2FRed+Graphic

And what about this amp? It looks good but does anyone have it and know if it's a good buy?

http://www.activemusician.com/item--EM.023-1502-000
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Last edited by Phoenix Reborn at Feb 28, 2009,
You arent really understanding this i dont think...

See the bold print, about the no guitar related questions?

Quote by jimmy_neutron

We also have a Guitar and Bass Basics Forum, AND an Electric Guitar Forum, AND a Guitar Gear and Accessories Forum. All of which are better suited to your questions than here
Yes I kow now. I was pretty new to the forum so I didn't notice that thread till a bit later. My Apoligies and i have the forum set up figured out now
Have a good one,
Phoenix
no problem, you get away with it in here, what with being new and all, but in the rest of the forums, people can be a little stricter