Hey guys so I wanted to get an epiphone lp goldtop but they seem to be difficult to get where I live so Im just going to get a normal les paul. This is where the help of you guys come in. I have a budget of €500 and I havnt a clue what guitar to spend it on. Cant someone suggest a good lespaul model? cheers
lp standard

but you really should try some out for yourself
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
thanks man,Il try some out. I like the look of the standard but I just wanted opinions. thanks again dude
agile 3000, plays better than all epiphones and as good as most gibsons i have played .... fantastic guitars for the price
~Defiant~
I don't think agile would be a great choice for someone in the UK, am i right?

TS, go to a shop and try some models. It can be rather hit-and-miss with the necks. Some gibson LP custom may feel like crap compared to some Epi LP standard. It's just all because of slack on regulating the specs.

Vintage V100 Peter Green

I have a Epi LP Standard plus and i hardly play since i got the vintage
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes
Jimi Hendrix

"In paradise there are no walls"
are the agiles really better than epi's? I google'd them and their only like 200 quid? thanks for all the help
Agiles aren't better than Epis. Neither are Vintage, Tokai, or Rally. They're all the same.

The difference is that those brands cost £100+ less than the Epiphones. So although you're not getting any better quality, you are getting the same quality for cheaper.

The trade off is copy brands won't have the 'real' LP body shape, they usually have to alter the shape a little (such as making the horn cut out bigger/smaller). Also some of them have slightly odd dimensions for hardware, so if you wanted to upgrade them it can get tricky since most parts will be made to fit the usual Epi/Gibson measurements and not the measurments of the copy brands.

That's not to say they're not worth looking at, because they are. I've got a Rally LP copy and it's great, but only really because it was about £130 cheaper than an Epi LP. If it had cost the same as an Epiphone then I wouldn't have bothered buying it, I would have just gone for another Epi.

Also as far as Agile go, they are a bitch to get hold of outside of America and Canada, and if you order one from an American site like Rondomusic then you'll have to pay roughly £130 (if not much more) on import duties. So then that money you've 'saved' buy buying the Agile has been spent anyway - so you might as well have just gone and got an Epi from a store for the same price.
Also of course ordering something like an Agile means you can't try it before you buy it.

I would recommend you look at Vintage, Tokai and Rally copies, and forget Agile. Vintage should be easy to get hold of in Ireland, some shops now carry a lot of Tokais and some might have a few Rallys too. Vintage are great guitars for the money.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Can The Elitist 57 Gold Top be had still & outside North America? If so, I'd consider it as it was going for 1000.00 USD which must be pretty close to 500 EP and the TS wanted a Gold Top originally.
Moving on.....
Hmm, fibble...I've only played one Agile so far (it was a used 3000), and it played alot better than any epi LP custom I've played (but I've hated all the epi customs I've played so that's not saying much) and it played just as good as the 2, or 3 epi LP standards I really liked alot. That being said I still chose my sparrow over anything, and it was more expensive. It is an LP copy, and i honestly feel that it's better than any gibson Standard LP's I've played (i've only played recent models though, and I've never played a custom). When I was looking for a new guitar and I tried out the sparrow I didn't judge it because it was 50% off, cause I didn't care about how much i had to spend, I judged it on being quite a bit better than any other guitar in the store that wasn't insanely pricey.
Ok,
I've heard that Tokais are some of the best Les Paul copies out there, but they're not within my budget. Does anyone have an opinion on which is higher quality: Agile or Vintage.?
I've always been more impressed with the Agiles that I've played. Vintage feel fine though.
Quote by ErikHysterik
Ok,
I've heard that Tokais are some of the best Les Paul copies out there, but they're not within my budget. Does anyone have an opinion on which is higher quality: Agile or Vintage.?
They're exactly the same for all intents and purposes.
For Europe, Vintage will be cheaper.
For America (and I assume Canada), Agile will be cheaper.
Just buy whichever depending on what region you're in.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.