Well I have a order placed for my Crate V33H, but its on back order from musicians friend and I am waiting for there order to come in so I can comfirm my order. And since I am waiting patiently, I would like to know if anyone can set me ont he path or show me a website that shows you how you can build simple basic stomp boxes. I mean, very basic, nothing to fancy, I just want like fuzz and Distortion, and maybe a chorus (But chorus I will probably buy since its pretty fancy) I just want to figure out how to build some simple boxes so I can dapple around and mod them and find out what I like, adn make some funk boxs. I got an idea what I want to do for my first Distortion box or maybe second one (I want to make two, one for regular Classic rock, one fro metal). Anyway, all help would be appreciated so I can hit the ground running. I would like wbsite with diaghrams. But thanks in advance guys.

LPC \m/
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")
Just get which ever pedals sound good to you. Take your guitar to the damn guitar store and try out as many pedals as you can! (when you ask other people what pedals to get, you're just getting their personal opinion... so, form your own)

General rules to follow (with regards to pedal chain sequence): Compression --> Overdrive then Disortion --> MOD effects (chorus, phaser, flanger, etc) --> Delay --> Reverb. Noise reduction can go in many different places, but most people put it either in the front or back. In fact, you should try different sequences of pedals until it sounds like you want it to with as little noise as possible.

Then, get quality cables (you got a damn expensive guitar, so don't chinse on the cables)... One that's 8-15 feet to go from guitar to pedal board - then how many ever patch cables you need (I reccommend Mogami or George L's for these) - then one that goes from pedal board to your amp. For longer cables I use custom-made Mogami Gold with Neutrik gold-plated connectors (around $40 for 25ft) in the studio, and Canares with GH gold-plated connectors (around $30 for 25ft) for live gigs. I've tried all the popular high-priced cables over the years (you know the ones - Monster, etc), and I would use what I use now, without price being an issue. I get all my cables custom-made by Premium Audio Cables (Ebay seller name). Jeff provides outstanding quality with fast, no-nonsense service!

It really is very simple if you just use your own taste as your guide!

PS. I realized I have no idea how to spell chinse (or maybe chince). Anyone know how it's actually spelled?
Last edited by b-rock34 at Feb 27, 2009,
b-rock34 I hope you knwo I am askign about BUILDING PEDALS not buying pedals... I am asking about where to get diagrhams and stuff not opinions. I jsut stated what I want to build. SO like READ before you reply..... Good god, and thank you xEpidemicx
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
Listen... it looks like I made a mistake, but you know... you don't have to be an asshole about it. I took the time to write all that in an attempt to help you. It was still a time-consuming and nice gesture on my part. Also, I gave you and anyone else who read it, a good place to get some good cables that they might not have known about.
read the first post in the ultimate pedal building thread. read the rest for inspiration.
Quote by b-rock34
Listen... it looks like I made a mistake, but you know... you don't have to be an asshole about it. I took the time to write all that in an attempt to help you. It was still a time-consuming and nice gesture on my part. Also, I gave you and anyone else who read it, a good place to get some good cables that they might not have known about.

If you want me to be a asshole Ic an be... A major one at that. And I can get patch cabels that are decent at a price I like. So before you want to call me a asshole... Make sure you have the grounds to. And thank you noisefarmer.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
I had the grounds to, and did. And, I'm not at all worried about how major of an asshole you can be. Not at all. I do hope you're able to move on to more important things. It'd be quite silly to waste any more time on this.
TS, ur a douche, he was trying to help, made a mistake, and you scolded him for it. Not cool.

on topic:

BYOC and General guitar gadgets do pedal kits. And the builds don't differ in difficulty very much, some just have more components than others. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine

if i made a mistake, im sorry