I have my effect pedals connected to my guitar w/2 good cables and it's powered by an a/c adapter and I get this really annoying hum that doesnt happen with batteries.
Are there any other electronic devices in the area?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Hmmm not sure then Ive just heard about having electronics near you amp can cause problems.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
make sure you have the right adapter. cuz that thing will blow any day now if you have too much power in it.

with the right adapter, there is going to be more power and presence going through the thing. turn the level down on the pedal.
I had my pedals powered with a cheap crappy power adapter and my amp went mental buzzing and humming. Went and bought a good quality power adapter and problem was fixed.

My guess was that the first power adapter (the cheap one) was poorly sheilded and this was the cause.
i had this problem. move ALL of your instrument cable away from any power bricks and surge protectors. you're hearing the 60 hz AC hum come in through your cheap guitar cables

/thread
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
The AC Adapter is the culprit & most likely poorly filtered! What was the adapter mainly meant for? Some devices can tolerate some ripple with out problems and a lot of generic AC adapters count on this. For audio equipment though, any ripple on the DC output can be coupled into your signal and be amplified by your setup.

If it was radio frequency radiation into cables or froma a monitor, the Battery vs AC adapter would not make a difference Unless you've got a dirty Line voltage from some other device in your house on the same AC circuit....
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Feb 28, 2009,