This is my first time in the Gear Building forum, so ill start to say my Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Stock pups)
- Vox Valvetronix Ad15vt

My problem is that, 2 months ago my Epi started to give me some problems. The switcher is somehow making "bad contact" and now i cant use the Neck Hambucker. I bought it in usa and as i live now in Portugal warranty is worthless.

I already know a good luthier to solve me this problem so my question is not where, but what hambucker should i put? I know that i dont need to change, but i dont like my tone , and this way the luthier would also make me that

My favorite tones are mainly from strat-players so i would also want to know if is possible to have a single coil on the bridge and a hb on the neck?

At last what can you recommend me?
Favourite Tones (No order)

- David Gilmour
- Jimmy Page
- Hendrix
- Slash
- Dire Straits

Ps sory for my english , i know its pretty bad
its humbucker, not hambucker... we're talking pickups here, not meat.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Usually you should prioritize like so: Amp, Guitar, Pick-Ups, Fx, Etc. Maybe the pick ups aren't the answer, I'm not sure. But from my experiences you should maybe look around for a different amp.
Epiphone SG-G400.
Crate Flexwave 15W
Korg Toneworks Modeling Signal Processor AX3G
Quote by Burguete
This is my first time in the Gear Building forum, so ill start to say my Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Stock pups)
- Vox Valvetronix Ad15vt

My problem is that, 2 months ago my Epi started to give me some problems. The switcher is somehow making "bad contact" and now i cant use the Neck Hambucker. I bought it in usa and as i live now in Portugal warranty is worthless.

*Humbucker

The 3way selectors are a poor design. Yours was destined to fail. It was only a matter of time. Make sure you replace it with a good quality switch. Switchcraft makes the better quality 3way toggles for Les Pauls.

Quote by Burguete
My favorite tones are mainly from strat-players so i would also want to know if is possible to have a single coil on the bridge and a hb on the neck?

At last what can you recommend me?
Favourite Tones (No order)

- David Gilmour
- Jimmy Page
- Hendrix
- Slash
- Dire Straits

Ps sory for my english , i know its pretty bad
We'll work with you on the English as well as the technical side of things.

You could install a single at the bridge, but it makes more sense to have 2 HBs and have switches that change each from Single Coil wiring to Humbucker wiring. That way you can have a HB bridge and SC neck, a SC bridge and HB neck, 2 HBs, or 2 SCs, just by operating the switches.

If you don't want to drill more holes, these switches can be on push-pull pots. You operate them like normal volume and tone controls, but if you pull the knob up, it changes the connections to the pickup wiring.

As far as which model pickup to use, that's a matter of personal taste. I won't advise you there. Just be sure that whatever pickups you select have separate wiring for each coil. This is often referred to as "4 wire".

Good luck!

EDIT:
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
its humbucker, not hambucker... we're talking pickups here, not meat.
of course you're right. but try being a little more friendly to the new guy, k?

Quote by lp_std
lol
spam *reported*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Feb 27, 2009,
I'd be interested to see Single Coils in a Les Paul. Unless youve just coil tapped a 'ham?'bucker.
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
Quote by ede09
I'd be interested to see Single Coils in a Les Paul. Unless youve just coil tapped a 'ham?'bucker.
i've seen a few. mostly with a SC at the neck and a HB at the bridge. easy to do, really. just use an adapter ring:

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
all over, Jim. i think that pic is from allparts
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Those rings actually look really cool *thinks about putting one in his Edwards to make an extreme twanger...) Naaahhhh...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores