hi, so i was wondering about something. im preety new at tube amps and half stacks and stuff and was wondering something. im going to trade for a blackheart 5 watt head and i was wondering if i could use my valveking 112 as a cab? my bud at school says it should work but idk safer to ask UG first.
You have to ask a mod to (usually by reporting, i think) or close this one and reopen it.

Otherwise, yes i think you could use the VK as a cab but why get a 5w head if you're gonna run it through a tube combo amp? Seems kind of pointless to me. The only difference is that the blackheart is lower wattage and i think british voiced instead of american.
yeh ill get a matching cab for the head later i just wanted to know if i can use my valveking for it while i get enough money. thanks for answer
you can unplug the speaker from the VK.

solder a jack to the speaker, match the ohms and plug the BH into it.

understand that the VK would not even be plugged into the wall.

you're only using its speaker.

to run the VK without a speaker would burn it out.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 27, 2009,
once i solder the new jack can i still use my valveking as a combo? like can i plug the speaker bak into the valveking?
you would have to pull the jack and speaker wires connected to it OFF the speaker.

and reconnect the wires coming from the VK guts back ONTO the speaker every single time.

i suggest you pick up the thick gauge speaker wire and quick disconnect clips from radio shack.

the clips allow for easier on and off.

by the way, ive never looked at the inside of a vk, i'm guessing that there's no standard jacks or speaker plugs in there?
if there are, you might be able to do this a little less ghetto.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 28, 2009,
oh and why cant i just connect the BH straight into the combo without pulling off the speaker? like into one of the guitar inputs
'cause it'll fry the VK.

An amp is meant to amplify low-level signals, like a guitar, not take on an already amplified signal.
because you'd blow something up if you did.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62