i play electric bass and i am thinking of taking up upright bass as well this summer once i get some money. can anyone point me in the direction of a good, affordble upright bass that would be suitable for someone like me making the transition? my budget is as low as possible, although i do want something decent. anything much over $700 or $800 is a definite stretch. i am willing to go used or scratch and dent as long as it is not battered or smash and dent. thanks in advance for any help.
You're not gonna find a string bass under 1k$. The string basses at my school are 3k each
Quote by MRavioli
You're not gonna find a string bass under 1k$. The string basses at my school are 3k each

i have seen a few under $1000. they are not 300 year old hand crafted Italian basses but they function.
Last edited by bass7player21 at Feb 27, 2009,
i can find some here. i think the lefy one is cheaper which is good new for me. but try old instrument stores. nothing majorly new like arts. USED for sure.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
there are Palatinos for under $1000, does anyone know anything about Palatino basses? here is a link http://www.palatinousa.com/Travel-Bass.390.0.html. there are also Florea basses, does anyone know anything about them?
Last edited by bass7player21 at Feb 27, 2009,
I have seen 1/2 and 3/4 uprights going on craigslist for under 900 USD lately. They can be found.