Page 1 of 3
This may belong in the relationship thread. If so fair enough.

As I was walking into town with my girlfriend the other day we passed another couple, but this girl was huge.

And it got me thinking - if my girlfriend started to pack on the pounds, would it be insensitive for me to say, "Erm...maybe you should cut down on the food..."
I mean don't get me wrong I love her personality more than anything, but I would hate to see her bringing her health into risk.

So what I'm asking basically is if you think there can ever be a time when you can say to your girlfriend (or infact anyone) that they're getting fat?
Not if you value your life son

ZEDIT: And your testicles
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Last edited by Zolom at Feb 27, 2009,
see, that would've been a good time to ask your girlfriend this question, and then if she ever starts to gain weight, you would know what to say.
Yes, why don't you go do that. Right now.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by CrimboJones

I mean don't get me wrong I love her personality more than anything, but I would hate to see her bringing her health into risk.

It depends I guess on how close and comfortable you guys are with each other and how she handles criticisms. If your concern is for her health, then make sure she knows because even well-meaning remarks can make you "a shallow asshole." I, for one, would not mind if my boyfriend told me I was getting fat because I'm used to him being frank and we are close.

If other people told me though, I'd be a little awkward. Not really offended if it was true.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Depends on how comfortable you are with each other and on how well you both take criticism... For example my girlfriend can tell me, but I know if I told her she was getting a bit heavy it wouldn't end well for me
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Feb 27, 2009,
Sure you can. Just don't be a dick about it. Or be a massive dick about it, if the mood takes you.
Grab her by the love handles and try your best keep your libido.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
There's nothing wrong with that. If she can't handle that, why would you want to be around her?
Quote by Hasok

Plus.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
Quote by CrimboJones
This may belong in the relationship thread. If so fair enough.

As I was walking into town with my girlfriend the other day we passed another couple, but this girl was huge.

And it got me thinking - if my girlfriend started to pack on the pounds, would it be insensitive for me to say, "Erm...maybe you should cut down on the food..."

So what I'm asking basically is if you think there can ever be a time when you can say to your girlfriend (or infact anyone) that they're getting fat?

Yeah, that's the problem. The Pit sees your ruse, TS.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
if your girlfriend starts gaining weight, just say "dude, you've been gaining a little weight lately, haven't you?" and that's it.
Quote by Trefellin
There's nothing wrong with that. If she can't handle that, why would you want to be around her?

Good point.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by CrimboJones
This may belong in the relationship thread.

Then why'd you post it here?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by kikaykitko
Good point.

No it's not a good point. No woman can take "You're fat" to the face without getting insulted, much like a cum shot. Do it and watch your sex-o-meter fall to zero.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
If you feel like getting a foot in your ass !

You poor soul..doesnt know whats commin to ya. Wear a helmet, a cup, and perhaps some chain mail, my friend
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Only if she starts to get really fat. She will probably notice before that though.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
here's the problem:

she would have to get REALLY REALLY fat to have a real health risk that you would need to talk to her about.

You're worried that you'll start noticing a little jiggling in the thighs when you're boning her.

Unless she's approaching morbid obesity, you will come off like an asshole, no matter how you phrase it.
Quote by Thrasher51
Yeah, that's the problem. The Pit sees your ruse, TS.

Ok maybe this thread does make me seem like a shallow d*ck . But honestly I don't think it would bother me personally. My girlfriend is very paranoid about her weight anyway so I doubt she'd ever let herself get overweight...phew
Just puttin this out thar,Just because you're overweight Doesn't mean You're UNHEALTHY.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
Quote by crazynickman
No it's not a good point. No woman can take "You're fat" to the face without getting insulted, much like a cum shot. Do it and watch your sex-o-meter fall to zero.

One, if you say it in a proper way, it can be appreciated by the woman.
Two, not all women take cum shots to the face insulting.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SteveHouse
Then why'd you post it here?

I was trying to leave it to be more open than just about girlfriends, even though the whole post was pretty much based on mine.
SHEdit: ^That actually makes sense brah. I rescind my sarcasm. :tidEHS
Quote by elimination1021
Just puttin this out thar,Just because you're overweight Doesn't mean You're UNHEALTHY.

I know a girl who is technically morbidly obese, and her family has a history of high blood pressure to go along with it. She has perfectly normal blood pressure. Because people..... are all like snowflakes.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

If you told her she was fat she would get depressed and start to eat her depressions away. Is that what you want?
^Edit- That would probably happen too. Make a thread about it, because the irony would be as delicious as the chocolate cakes she'll be putting away. O. Henry couldn't have written it better.

Quote by kikaykitko
One, if you say it in a proper way, it can be appreciated by the woman.

I doubt any average woman would appreciate it. It's the old "Does this make me look fat" trick.

And also the second part was a joke.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Last edited by crazynickman at Feb 27, 2009,
Through experience(not really, but whatever), it's best if you tease them about it in a playful manner, when they're NOT fat, but make sure you clarify to them that you were joking. Then, even if they do start getting fat, it'll be easier to handle the situation.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

No.
Even if you do mean it sincerely, she'll never understand you.
Better left unsaid in my opinion. Besides, that's what she has her female friends for: they'll tell her she's fat.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
nobody ever told me i was a fat girl
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by CrimboJones

I highly doubt that. And you can always put it across subtly, or let her fat ass find out for itself.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by kikaykitko

And just like that, it was as though a ray of hope had shone upon the inhabitants of the Pit...

TS, just remember there's a difference between 'you're fat' and 'you're not eating healthy.' One is insulting, the other is advice.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by crazynickman
I doubt any average woman would appreciate it. It's the old "Does this make me look fat" trick.

And also the second part was a joke.

Hey thats not true..I would. Id rather you tell me than hide it. Then at least I can do something about it! Long as you didnt say it in a disrespectful unreasonable manner Id understand.

But then again...im not an overly sensitive irrational drama queen like most of my wonderful gender

<__<"
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by goonerbynature
Through experience(not really, but whatever), it's best if you tease them about it in a playful manner, when they're NOT fat, but make sure you clarify to them that you were joking. Then, even if they do start getting fat, it'll be easier to handle the situation.

Hmm my girlfriend once asked me to tease her before. I called her a fat wh*re and she did not like it one bit.
Quote by BlackLuster
No.
Even if you do mean it sincerely, she'll never understand you.
Better left unsaid in my opinion. Besides, that's what she has her female friends for: they'll tell her she's fat.

They usually don't tell her until they're ready to have a bitchfest though, and those are bad news on their own.

Honestly, they figure it out when they have to buy a pants size bigger that they've gained a couple inches.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by CrimboJones
Hmm my girlfriend once asked me to tease her before. I called her a fat wh*re and she did not like it one bit.

Yes well, what did you expect you blithering idiot? What kind of a guy call his girl that?

And by teasing I meant milder stuff, just random jokes at opportune moments, and DEFINITELY not insulting.

You don't deserve a girlfriend.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Do you think people are stupid? No one tells someone that they're getting fat because of the health risks, unless they're pushing 500 pounds. If you're questioning whether or not you'd tell someone that their weight is affecting your relationship then you're clearly just looking for reasons to get rid of them. As said in the book He's Just Not That Into You, someone wouldn't want you to change for any reasons (excluding certain circumstances) unless they really weren't into that person.
Page 1 of 3