My friend has the non FR Damien, and so I can say that the pups will probably do you fine. Can't speak to the reliability of the FR, though.

But, you do have a HSS Strat, you can probably get away with that.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
you have a humbucker all you need is a good EQ and Distortion pedal
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Quote by BaffAttack
My friend has the non FR Damien, and so I can say that the pups will probably do you fine. Can't speak to the reliability of the FR, though.

But, you do have a HSS Strat, you can probably get away with that.

21 Frets......No.

I need 24. Little problem there.

Sorry about the double post..
Quote by a7xrocks02
Why the hell would I need a distortion pedal with my XXX?

didnt notice dont get all worked up now
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Quote by a7xrocks02
21 Frets......No.

Ah, gotcha.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by a7xrocks02
Oh sorry.

Do you need a hug?

maybe after i drink a bit more
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
I own a damien without the FR. It's pretty good for the price.. i got mine for 315 new, but then they raised the price 2 weeks after i bought it :P. I got pretty lucky haha. But about the guitar, it does everything pretty good. Mine came with a crappy setup though, so be warned :P. I'm a Schecter fanboy, but i would suggest checking out other brands in the same price range.
Ive never played the Damien FR, but my Gryphon non FR stays in tune like no guitar i have ever seen before. Also, my Synyster Custom which has a FR stays in tune very well. It seems to be a Schecter trait, at least from what i have seeen that they stay in tune very well.
Quote by invision2212
maybe after i drink a bit more

No thanks.

The reason I'm looking at the Schecter is that it seems to be the best for the price range.

Some of the other guitar's in this price range have cheap trem's and pickups. But the Schecter has an FR and the EMG's which are about $80 a piece.

I think I might get this sometime soon. The Strat is a pain in the ass.
i own it.. sound good. lfr is good. tuning good. changed to 81/60
Quote by a7xrocks02
21 Frets......No.

Considering you probably can't name all of the notes on the fifth frets and below, I'd worry about those before worrying about an extra three.
Quote by a7xrocks02
No thanks.

The reason I'm looking at the Schecter is that it seems to be the best for the price range.

Some of the other guitar's in this price range have cheap trem's and pickups. But the Schecter has an FR and the EMG's which are about $80 a piece.

I think I might get this sometime soon. The Strat is a pain in the ass.

The trems are licensed. Every schecter I've seen or played says licensed. Why would made in china guitars have Original Floyd's on them? They just say it online. The EMG's aren't even original, they're mock offs.

Why do you think they're so "cheap".
Quote by nan0
The trems are licensed. Every schecter I've seen or played says licensed. Why would made in china guitars have Original Floyd's on them? They just say it online. The EMG's aren't even original, they're mock offs.

Are you a troll or an idiot? I honestly can't tell

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

The trems on the Synyster custom are original Floyd Roses. I own one so i would know. Also Schecters are crafted in KOREA not china and are assembled and set up in AMERICA so get your facts straight before you try to make fun of something
RevaM1ssP1ss
UG E-Vicar
RIP The Rev
One day Yugi will be mine

Schecter Synyster Custom
B.C. Rich KKV Signed By Kerry King
Schecter Gryphon
Ibanez RG240
POD X3 Live
Guitar Research T60R Tube
Line 6 Spider 3 150 Watt
the pick ups dont sound like knock offss.. they sound good even the passives. which ones u talink ab?
Its a fine guitar, grab it if you like it. You can always swap the pickups and trem later if they bother you.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by nan0

What the f**k.
He obiously has a self esteem problem, and the only way he can feel good about himself is by making fun of other people online, trying to be tough, and by making things up that make him sound cool and like he knows what hes talking about
RevaM1ssP1ss
UG E-Vicar
RIP The Rev

Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter Gryphon
Ibanez RG240
POD X3 Live
Line 6 Spider 3 150 Watt
save up and get one step higher on teh schecter even tho that the damian was still a great gutiar .. i own the c-1 hellraiser and it shreds man i was looking at the damian fr and it seemed amazing until i picked upt the c-1 and it jsut blew the other one away ull be glad that u got like a top level schecter im so happy with mine
smacking bone kydd
Last edited by shredderkidd at Mar 2, 2009,
If you want a REALLY nice Schecter get the Synyster Custom, it has a real Floyd Rose, Custom Duncan Invader pickups, and its neck thru with a Mohagany body and neck with an ebony fingerboard. If i didnt get that, i was going to get the C-1 blackjack, but i went with the Synyster out of eye appeal and also because i like A7X.
RevaM1ssP1ss
UG E-Vicar
RIP The Rev

Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter Gryphon
Ibanez RG240
POD X3 Live
Line 6 Spider 3 150 Watt
I have owned a schecter Damien FR for over two years and i play metal of all kinds.
i think its one of the best guitars in its pricerange i have played.
its been my most reliable guitar (contrasting my schecter gryphon) and you really cant go wrong with it.