Page 1 of 2
Don't disagree with Japanese scientists.

If we don't, they will send giant robots to kill us.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Of course global warming isn't man made, this has been known for decades. It's accelerated by man, not caused by man.
its too fvckin cold to have global warming
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Of course global warming isn't man made, this has been known for decades. It's accelerated by man, not caused by man.

For the love of fucks sake, this.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
duh
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Not man-made? Who was it then? The russians?
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Liars; they caused global warming themselves.

Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Al Gore already talked about this.
It's not man made but pollution sure as hell sped up the process.

Quote by Comrade Curry
Or godzilla, or prostitutes with STD's

Or flood other nations with tentacle rape
Quote by bendystraw
Global warming isn't real, it's just a theory.

It's the process of which man accelerates global warming that's just a theory, not global warming itself.
Quote by UncleCthulhu

It's the process of which man accelerates global warming that's just a theory, not global warming itself.

Don't laugh, I'm trying to start a flamefest.

Uhh, the jury's still out on whether evolution is real.
Quote by UncleCthulhu

They're saying that there's no proof that we affect it:

"We should be cautious, IPCC's theory that atmospheric temperature has risen since 2000 in correspondence with CO2 is nothing but a hypothesis. "

Akasofu calls the post-2000 warming trend hypothetical. His harshest words are reserved for advocates who give conjecture the authority of fact.

"Before anyone noticed, this hypothesis has been substituted for truth... The opinion that great disaster will really happen must be broken."
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by UncleCthulhu

Wait a sec...

HEY LOOK EVERYONE, SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!
I'll stick with the general consensus of the vast majority of scientists, thanks.
You have any idea what else those japanese have come up with, woudn't take em that seriously.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
It's not man-made.
I did an ecology research project for my second year in university. 500 million years ago greenhouse gasses were 20 times higher than they are today. It was all from soil respiration.
Greenhouse gasses contributing to global warming all go through trends, getting higher and lower all throughout history.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by Cianyx

Or flood other nations with tentacle rape

PG > YWM

oh, btw... is it bad if your pee is red?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
in scotland they call carbonated drinks 'juice' so you would say a can of juice for example. But they call poop jobbies, so their take on things doesn't count.
Quote by exiledsoul
It was all from soil respiration.

Soil respiration isn't the only thing that effects greenhouse gas levels, you've also got foraminifera, carbonate formation etc
I really can't be bothered getting into another debate...

I will say I find this comment strange.

"Consequently, after 2000, although it should have continued to rise, atmospheric temperature stabilised completely (despite CO2 emissions continuing to increase)."

NASA disagree...
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs/Fig.A2.txt

A 0.1 degree increase in the last decade is not a stabilisation, it is a huge increase.

Although I said I don't want to get into another debate (uni starts in two days and I'm quite busy), I'll just add two more things to think about.

1.) This is one paper. Since AR4 hundreds, indeed thousands, of papers have been published consistent with their findings on anthropogenic climate change, they just aren't as headline grabbing for the conspiracy theorists.
2.) Here is something to put present climate change in perspective.

"Professor Tim Naish, Director of Victoria’s Antarctic Research Centre says Antarctica’s ice sheets have grown and collapsed at least 40 times over the past five million years."

Let's do the maths here: 5,000,000/40 = 125,000 years on average between the collapse and growth of Antarctica's ice sheets. Now, 125,000 years may not seem like much, but think about it this way: modern humans (Homo sapians sapians) first appear in the fossil record about 130,000 years ago. Yes, these cycles take the length of the entire history of human-kind to naturally manifest. With the rate of climate change we are seeing now, it may take only a few hundred years before we start seeing major melting of the Antarctic ice sheet (indeed, I saw a study a couple of days ago saying the Antarctic is warming very rapidly) - does that still sound natural to you?
Last edited by Kiwi Ace at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by bendystraw
Don't laugh, I'm trying to start a flamefest.

Uhh, the jury's still out on whether evolution is real.

It isn't, you filthy communist homosexual.
global warming (truth or not) is just anohter excuse for politicians to get taxpayers money to spend on their own personal gain.
The earth moves in cycles, it'll do this again in another 400 years, and it will be too cold in 200
Quote by Myfirstpubes
global warming (truth or not) is just anohter excuse for politicians to get taxpayers money to spend on their own personal gain.

Yeah, you're such a rebel! Stick it to the man!

CTHEDIT:

Quote by hippotato7
The earth moves in cycles, it'll do this again in another 400 years, and it will be too cold in 200

The Milankovitch cycles take place over 26000, 21000 and 41000 years.
Last edited by UncleCthulhu at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by UncleCthulhu

CTHEDIT:

everything is a conspiracy...

>.>

<.<
Quote by freedoms_stain
Russians aren't men now?

Were they ever?

Cue Zappp killing us all.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
Quote by Cianyx

That's an argument for us speaking against man-caused global warming.
Quote by bendystraw
Global warming isn't real, it's just a theory.

My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Kiwi Ace
I really can't be bothered getting into another debate...

I will say I find this comment strange.

"Consequently, after 2000, although it should have continued to rise, atmospheric temperature stabilised completely (despite CO2 emissions continuing to increase)."

NASA disagree...
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs/Fig.A2.txt

A 0.1 degree increase in the last decade is not a stabilisation, it is a huge increase.

Although I said I don't want to get into another debate (uni starts in two days and I'm quite busy), I'll just add two more things to think about.

1.) This is one paper. Since AR4 hundreds, indeed thousands, of papers have been published consistent with their findings on anthropogenic climate change, they just aren't as headline grabbing for the conspiracy theorists.
2.) Here is something to put present climate change in perspective.

"Professor Tim Naish, Director of Victoria’s Antarctic Research Centre says Antarctica’s ice sheets have grown and collapsed at least 40 times over the past five million years."

Let's do the maths here: 5,000,000/40 = 125,000 years on average between the collapse and growth of Antarctica's ice sheets. Now, 125,000 years may not seem like much, but think about it this way: modern humans (Homo sapians sapians) first appear in the fossil record about 130,000 years ago. Yes, these cycles take the length of the entire history of human-kind to naturally manifest. With the rate of climate change we are seeing now, it may take only a few hundred years before we start seeing major melting of the Antarctic ice sheet (indeed, I saw a study a couple of days ago saying the Antarctic is warming very rapidly) - does that still sound natural to you?

Great post.

wrong. Politicians have a lot more to gain from the oil companies.
Quote by UncleCthulhu

CTHEDIT:

that's Ice Age cold fella, The smaller differences(.1C) time spans are much smaller. It was this hot 400 years ago. and will be again, also these things are always changing. Thermo-dynamics is unpredictable
Some of it is man made, but not all. My astronomy professor thinks the same thing. The earth goes through ice ages, we're kinda melting out of one that happened a few thousand years ago, we're just speeding the process up and making it worse by being careless
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
Some of it is man made, but not all. My astronomy professor thinks the same thing. The earth goes through ice ages, we're kinda melting out of one that happened a few thousand years ago, we're just speeding the process up and making it worse by being careless

I think it's just dumb to say it's not a combination of both. People who think it's all man or all nature are neglecting the power of the other.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by hippotato7
that's Ice Age cold fella, The smaller differences(.1C) time spans are much smaller. It was this hot 400 years ago. and will be again, also these things are always changing. Thermo-dynamics is unpredictable

The way you said about the earth moving in cycles made me think you were talking about the Milankovitch cycles

CTHEDIT:
Quote by crazynickman
I think it's just dumb to say it's not a combination of both. People who think it's all man or all nature are neglecting the power of the other.

+1

For example, people don't realise just how much pollution is given off by the himalayas. Even I couldn't believe it at first, but it makes sense.
Last edited by UncleCthulhu at Feb 27, 2009,
Page 1 of 2