im switching from a pc to a mac because my parents have heard all of the stuff about how macs get a lot less viruses (i dont spend enough time researching the topic to really know if its true, but whatever). so what are my gaming prospects, can I keep my steam account, play good oldschool stuff like warcraft 3, play most new first person shooters?
wut?

No.

Edit: If you have a new Intel mac then you can load windows on it, but then you're back to square one. (Except you now own a ****ty, overpriced and under spec'd computer)
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Axeman99 at Feb 27, 2009,
Chances are.
No.
Unless you install Windows on a VM and run the games in there.
But that probably won't be too much fun.
If you do a lot of gaming on the computer, stick with the PC.
Just learn safe computing habits, and how to take care of it and you won't have a problem.
no. unless bootcamp makes your machine run EXACTLY like a windows, then no( i dont know if it does). Kiss your games goodbye, and start learning photoshop and garage band.
No, Macs really don't play anything. I prefer them for Logic and Final Cut, but Steam isn't compatible with Mac OS.

You can however install a copy of Windows and dual boot. It's very easy to do. Also, screw Mac fanboyism, but I generally prefer Macs. Nothing wrong with PC's however.

And as far as viruses go, I think it's next to impossible to get one on a Mac.

EDIT: Wow, surprising to see so much Mac hate here. Yeah they suck for games, not that my Macbook Pro is incapable of playing them, they just don't make them.
Last edited by Gigatiran at Feb 27, 2009,
About 1% of all PC games make it on to mac, usually about a year after they were released.

If you want to game on a mac you need to dual boot with Windows.
Quote by identityxcrysis
Chances are.
No.
Unless you install Windows on a VM and run the games in there.
But that probably won't be too much fun.
If you do a lot of gaming on the computer, stick with the PC.
Just learn safe computing habits, and how to take care of it and you won't have a problem.
You can't run any game that requires a gfx card in a VM.

So no modern game whatsoever.