Ok, i went ahead and bought my bro a Crescent bass for his birthday, i know its a piece of crap but that's what i wanted for his first bass, something that if he doesn't stick with it im out of 60$ big whoop... so the thing has MAJOR room for improvement the only thing i like of it is the looks and that is actually has a rosewood fret board... so when i would like is a list of what all can be done to this to make it a "project bass" like pick ups and stuff like that.... also something to help it stay in tune would be really nice lol
I'm the noob that takes everyone as his teacher.

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
Quote by InvaderTSN
Isn't Crescent the brand of basses and guitars you can win at Knott's Berry Farm? Kickass.

Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
Quote by InvaderTSN
Isn't Crescent the brand of basses and guitars you can win at Knott's Berry Farm? Kickass.

I think you're right...
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
well if it doesn't play well and the body's made out of plywood (and is there a truss rod?) then you can make improvements but they'll cost so much that it would have been much more worthwhile to just buy a decent starting bass anyway. so get him rolling on that instrument and when it's starting to hold him back (if he sticks with it) he can save up money on his own and buy a better bass
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
body isnt made of plywood, there is a truss bar... we cant really tell how it plays because none of us have a bass amp right now...

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
and what is Knott's Berry farm???

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp
by how it plays i mean how the neck feels and whatnot, imo tone is of secondary importance for a learner.
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
the neck feals pretty good in my opinion

ESP LTD F50 in black

Pevey Vypyr 15 Amp