Bugera 333xl

I play in a thrash band, and a christian hardcore band, Does it have the gain?
If so, how does it sound, any help greatly appreciated, thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-Condition-Bugera-333XL-Loud-and-Screams_W0QQitemZ280317322079QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280317322079&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A15%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
Certainly has enough gain and sounds good, but give it a once-over by a tech if or when you buy it. Bugeras are unreliable in general; they're known to crap out due to being biased way too cold/have crappy tubes/fuses/poor solder joints.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I've heard about the reliability issues, what do they consist of?

edit: sorry DIdn't read your post very well, Would it cost me to hace it looked at?
and are any of these fixable by a novice like me? also, are there any other tube amps I should look at with this kind of gain? Prefferably bang for the buck amps
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
Last edited by fatslash at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by fatslash
I've heard about the reliability issues, what do they consist of?

See my post.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
BeerChurch wrote a great blog that covers all of the issues. Show that to tech or friend who can help before you power it on....If you get one. I thought the issue was they (333s in particular) were biased to hot. Anyway you can find BeerChurch routinely in the Bugera Users Militia thead.

Otherwise-

Budget?
Genres?
Home or gig?
New or used?
Location?
the main problems with the Bugera amps are that ALOT of the amps from the first batch used plastic clips to conect the wires to the PCB board instead of soldering them. in a bunch of amps the plastic clip from the tranformer to the board would melt cause the fuse to blow or other elctrical issues. the newer batches from what alot of guys in Bugera Militia thread are saying is their amps have no plastic clips and have everything soldered down when they bought the amps.

also check out the Bugera 6262. its a great amp with tons of gain!!
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA