yeah so i'll be the first to admit i'm a skinny ****er :P. So i went to the doctors for a physical the other week and they did my BMI and apparently i'm seriously underweight, who knew... the only thing is i have a really fast metabolism so no matter how much i eat i never put any weight on. I'm trying to work out so instead of being a scrawny skinny guy i can tone up and put the extra weight on in muscle instead.... only thing is im clueless when it comes to working out. what i have been doing is reps with some dumbbells and sit ups and press ups. any advice you guys could give to help me? for example i have no idea what are good toning exercises with these dumbbells lol.

ta peeps
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
lol "press ups", you talk funny...

but seriously go to a health store and they sell "bulk-up" shakes, that will help you out (Make sure you tell them NO STEROIDS) and just keep lifting the weights and increasing the amount of weight you are lifting.

Edit: there's a bodybuilding thread too, this should probably be there, and you can probably learn a lot there. *Not reported tho*
Last edited by Sublimical at Feb 27, 2009,
For putting on muscle, it's best to do high weight and low reps. Lots of push ups and sit ups will help to.

You're best bet would be to go to a gym and just ask someone who works there to show you a few basic workouts and pretty much just bust you're ass.
mix the shakes with water, NOT MILK.

milk causes the protein from the shake to gather up, which makes it harder to digest, making it less effective.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Being skinny is fcking awesome, don't let da haters tell you otherwise.

Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by gillehy
yeah so i'll be the first to admit i'm a skinny ****er :P. So i went to the doctors for a physical the other week and they did my BMI and apparently i'm seriously underweight, who knew... the only thing is i have a really fast metabolism so no matter how much i eat i never put any weight on. I'm trying to work out so instead of being a scrawny skinny guy i can tone up and put the extra weight on in muscle instead.... only thing is im clueless when it comes to working out. what i have been doing is reps with some dumbbells and sit ups and press ups. any advice you guys could give to help me? for example i have no idea what are good toning exercises with these dumbbells lol.

ta peeps

Im the same way. every day for lunch i eat two boxes of mac and cheese and a can of spam, but i weigh 117
PG > YWM

oh, btw... is it bad if your pee is red?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
in scotland they call carbonated drinks 'juice' so you would say a can of juice for example. But they call poop jobbies, so their take on things doesn't count.
Make sure you don't over-do it, and remember, results won't be instantaneous. You need to work for them.

Good luck.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Deep fry everything.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
And have a protein shake w/ food after your workout. Also, my school offers a 0-period weight training class, see if they have that at your school.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Quote by shanchett99
mix the shakes with water, NOT MILK.

milk causes the protein from the shake to gather up, which makes it harder to digest, making it less effective.

pfft it might slow the absorption but it doesn't make it "less effective". The added calories and protein gained from drinking milk over water more than makes up for it.
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
like Sublimical said, go to like a GMC and get weight-gain vitamins and whatnot. as for a workout, i bought the perfect pushup and i love it, so you could try that. don't get it off the website for $40, screw that, go to wal-mart or somewhere and get it for around $20.

generally, your best bet would probably be to enroll in a gym and, if you can afford it, even get a personal trainer who can tell you how to bulk up and gain weight, since that's what they are there for
...why?
Quote by 123-Trav
pfft it might slow the absorption but it doesn't make it "less effective". The added calories and protein gained from drinking milk over water more than makes up for it.

im not saying it will be ineffective, it will be like, 95% compared to a 100%

and, if you took the milk/shake in the morning, then, yea that last statement is right,

but if you take the shake mid-day, it may not digest right in the stomach.

and drink ONLY the shakes and water, no sugary drinks, and that includes fruit juice(which includes glucose, a.k.a sugar)
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
cheers pit you guys always get me the answers to lifes questions
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+