i was concidering a marshall mg100 or somthing similar

i am restoring a vintage orange speaker cab 4x12 celestion loaded
looking for an amp head thats cheap ish but will deliver on live performances im ready to make the jump to active giging musician pretty soon just need to know what would be the right amp

i play any genre from blues, metal core,
i know its sacralige to do that to a cab that good but i cant afford a high end tube amp yet

cheers people
stu
Honestly? If you have such a nice cab, I wouldn't ruin it with a cheap solid-state head.
Laney GH50L heads wouldn't be much more than 300 pounds over in England, I wouldn't think, and they're brilliant all valve heads.

That being said, if you really just want a solid state, I wouldn't go the MG. Randall make some nice-ish ones that'd be worth looking into.
Member of the Laney Cult
Ampeg VH-140c or Randall RG100ES.

Though the Randall won't do blues.
if you want blues try the peavey classic head - won't do metal core and a touch over budget though
have a look at a valveking?

or this blackstar looks nice - not played it though
http://www.imusician.co.uk/acatalog/blackstar_ht-5_valve_head.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=00064804
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by imgooley
Ampeg VH-140c or Randall RG100ES.

Though the Randall won't do blues.

+1
Also look at saving a bit more and getting a B-52 AT-100 (its 500$ in America, dont now how much it is in Pounds)
Quote by JaykeSucks
Honestly? If you have such a nice cab, I wouldn't ruin it with a cheap solid-state head.
Laney GH50L heads wouldn't be much more than 300 pounds over in England, I wouldn't think, and they're brilliant all valve heads.

That being said, if you really just want a solid state, I wouldn't go the MG. Randall make some nice-ish ones that'd be worth looking into.

+1
good advice
You need to look out for a tube amp, and since you are in the UK, you should shop for UK made brands. Certainly now that the pound is so low. MIA amps will be too expensive for what they are for people living in the UK. SO, yeah, go laney.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
orange tiny terror is 300
i think they can be gigged wiv
but dont have many features

gear
Yamaha Pacifica 612v
Squier Tele
Roland Cube 30x
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by LP_CL
+1
good advice
You need to look out for a tube amp, and since you are in the UK, you should shop for UK made brands. Certainly now that the pound is so low. MIA amps will be too expensive for what they are for people living in the UK. SO, yeah, go laney.

GO LANEY.
You won't regret it.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
cheers guys ill look into more laney randal ampeg and peavey

i almost got sucked into marshall but i like teh effects switching features of marshall its good for giging
thanks again stu