i googled and searched and didnt really find anything.

lets say i got this

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Xenyx-802?sku=631263
or
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Xenyx-502-Mixer?sku=631262

now, if i used this with the new amp im getting (all tube, no more modeling/ss bull****) would this run through my effects loop? or would it go before the effects? after?

any help is appreciated, im a total EQing/amp noob.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
you would have to mic the amp through a pa system.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Quote by zackk
you would have to mic the amp through a pa system.

oohhh
so it doesnt work like in a effects loop?

god i feel stupid.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by Mitchell?
Why would you put a mixer in an effects loop anyway?

i have no clue, thats why i was asking how it worked.

but now i see how i was confused.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Okay.

The point of a mixer is to combine multiple signals. There's no reason to use one when you're only dealing with a mono signal (guitar), except if you perhaps wanted to use the EQ on the mixer, but that would be silly. Just buy an EQ if you want to EQ your guitar.
well, what are you looking to do?

Do you want to record? or mic your amp for big gigs?
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Quote by Mitchell?
Okay.

The point of a mixer is to combine multiple signals. There's no reason to use one when you're only dealing with a mono signal (guitar), except if you perhaps wanted to use the EQ on the mixer, but that would be silly. Just buy an EQ if you want to EQ your guitar.

i was wanting to use it for the EQ and to be able to use multiple guitars without a ton of unplugging and replugging.

my logic behind using it for the EQ is because i can get that $60 one for a little under $40 brand new, and i think thats a good bit cheaper than a EQ pedal

edit- and yes, i do a little recording, and the only real gigs i do arent "big"
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.