i have a religion assigment due tuesday where i have to recount 2 bible passages, illustrate one of the stories i recount and then in 30-50 words explain what is meant by the term 'Kingdom of God'

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark%204:26-29;&version=31;

thats one story i will recount seeing as its the shortest of the 3 given to us to pick from.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark%201:23-27&version=31

thats another short one.

I can't even understand it without reading over it 63 times let alone recount it.

Please pit, i need help! could someone recount this for me, or do a rough copy so i could word it myself. THANKS !!
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Quote by -tempest-
were not your slaves do your own work

dude im not asking someone to do my assigment for me, im fine with the drawing the picture part and describing the kingdom of god, just the two passages confuse me. chillax brother
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Quote by oatley
dude im not asking someone to do my assigment for me, im fine with the drawing the picture part and describing the kingdom of god, just the two passages confuse me. chillax brother

sorry im just sick of seeing these threads

h/o

ill see what i can do
just say god doesn't exist. they won't know what to do after that little fiasco!
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

Quote by -tempest-
ill see what i can do

much appreciated
Quote by Fred1000000
Make something up say it was the first time he did acid and he was seeing things and getting all these crazy ideas.
Quote by rockinsk8r91
just say god doesn't exist. they won't know what to do after that little fiasco!

yeh i've tried that in class, the teacher said to me i can believe what i want to. they are just teaching us how the catholic church sees it or some ****. meh
Quote by Fred1000000
are you suppose to be using the NIV bible or the KJV? theres a big difference

either way the first passage is talking about, in the Kingdom of God all you have to do is ask for something and it is yours
Last edited by therealtater at Feb 27, 2009,
Man do I feel sorry for you. An assignment on religion? Bull****, I'd refuse and take it to the school board. But just a heads up.. you came to the pit askin for questions on an assignment about religion, better be ready for these answers.
Quote by oatley
much appreciated

the second link is about an exersisim(sp)(when a "evil" is released from a person through god), jesus is preforming it. you could draw a picture of a spirt coming out of a mans body while jesus is chanting holy shit. the essay im having trouble with
Quote by therealtater
are you suppose to be using the NIV bible or the KJV? theres a big difference

either way the first passage is talking about, in the Kingdom of God all you have to do is ask for something and it is yours

Don't even know the difference between them ??? at school they use 'the good news bible' which is easier to read or something if that helps ?
Quote by Fred1000000
You could always stop in your local church this Sunday and ask for help.
And by ask I don't mean pray; I mean actually asking a pastor to explain it to you.
I'm fairly new to the Bible but these are interesting passages I'll enjoy studying a little. So, even though I can't really help, thanks for the link.
the first is talking about heaven and basically the unhindered awesomeness of it all. essentially an ask and you shall receive like the other guy said.
the second is at a time when jesus was first beginning his ministry and he released a demon from a man's body and the people saw it and were like oh **** he must be the messiah...
you know, reading all this now i realize why i hate christianity so much. it's all so bull ****

oh yeah the NIV is a newer translation in a language you can more easily understand. the KJV is old english type of junk, a really sucky read basically
Pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the f***ing car.
I love pulp...
Someone told me there's a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair...

I will find this girl.

Last edited by rockinsk8r91 at Feb 27, 2009,
The second one shows Jesus' power over evil. It shows even the evil spirits, which can control man, have no power against him.

Edit: at least I think so...
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
anyone here seen that kingdom of heaven movie? i watched it in world history, it was pretty badass
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Repeat exactly what I say.

There is no kingdom of god. god is dead. we are all gonig to hell.

that will take care of all your problems in that catholic school of yours.