Simply put, my band has three guitars. One is me and I don't plan to quit, one is my drummers friend and I click greatly with the drummer(plus he's a family friend), so I'd prefer not to fire him and estrange the drummer. The other I click with as well as the drummer. Plus on top of this we're apparently getting a keyboardist soon. We have no bass so I was considering getting one of them to switch, but we're all poor, so we don't have money to buy a bass and a giggable bass amp. So, until then our keyboardist is probably taking care of the basslines Doors-style. That or one of us buys a whammy pedal. But moving along, until then, what do I do with three guitarists? Lead, rhythm and then what? All three of us agree on improvising solos, so harmonizing leads is generally out, so what?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
well, all i know about arranging for three guitars is what ive seen from whitechapel and a hero a fake. basically, two lead guitars (second lead harmonizes) and the third guitar takes rhythm duty. sometimes the two leads have two completely different but harmonizing leads going at once. but yeah id look at some of their music for help if you can find it. good luck man
There's no set rule saying you can only have two guitarists. I know a local band that has three and they're amazing. You can make it work with two leads, regardless of improvised solos.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Maybe you could have one on rhythm, two harmonizing for basic lead, then switch another to rhythm while one solos.

Basically

1 rhythm 2 lead when not soloing
2 rhythm 1 lead when soloing
not everyone has to be playing all at the same time. Whoever sings could either stop playing or just play something simpler then the rest. Or just keep raising money for a bass. nothing like good bass.
Play some Skynyrd
1 rhythm and two leads. obviously.

not all three have to be playing at the same time btw.. it sounds stupid when three people play the same thing at same time
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
GNR play with 3 guitars.

Even the old Appetite sound was pretty layered in the studio.
FREEBIRD!!!

hah

skynard did it they were big i dont see why not
though i dont like playing with more than one other guitarist

i actually prefer Mick Mars style and just steal the show haha
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by necrosis1193
Simply put, my band has three guitars. One is me and I don't plan to quit, one is my drummers friend and I click greatly with the drummer(plus he's a family friend), so I'd prefer not to fire him and estrange the drummer. The other I click with as well as the drummer. Plus on top of this we're apparently getting a keyboardist soon. We have no bass so I was considering getting one of them to switch, but we're all poor, so we don't have money to buy a bass and a giggable bass amp. So, until then our keyboardist is probably taking care of the basslines Doors-style. That or one of us buys a whammy pedal. But moving along, until then, what do I do with three guitarists? Lead, rhythm and then what? All three of us agree on improvising solos, so harmonizing leads is generally out, so what?

Then you need to compromise - if you want 3 guitars to work then you need to be a lot more organised and arrange more.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Why not gather up money for bass guitar with amp and you guys can play it together. I dont think there should be a rule that guitarist must only play guitar.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R