?? Title^^? other then the sounds i mean the materials they are made out of is their a big difference?
Quality, as stated before, is Definetly the big difference when you're comparing a Bullet to a MiA or MiM Strat, but supposedly, the high end Squiers are very good guitars.
i mean like are they gonna change the sound cause i wanna customize my squier instead of just buying a new regular strat
Well, look at it like this, you can spray fabreeze on crap, and it's still crap. You'd do better to get a decent guitar first, then customize it. If you want the quality of a Fender, you're looking at more work than it's worth to make the Squier size up. That being said, what series Squier do you own? I'm guessing either a bullet or Squier Strat. If it's a high end Squier, it might be worth fixing it up a bit.
Quote by parigod
Well, look at it like this, you can spray fabreeze on crap, and it's still crap. You'd do better to get a decent guitar first, then customize it. If you want the quality of a Fender, you're looking at more work than it's worth to make the Squier size up. That being said, what series Squier do you own? I'm guessing either a bullet or Squier Strat. If it's a high end Squier, it might be worth fixing it up a bit.

kk thanks, its not a high end squier but how much are those cause i can't spend lots of money?
Quote by Curlyboy
kk thanks, its not a high end squier but how much are those cause i can't spend lots of money?

I've seen high end squiers from $250- $400 so you should look around and see what you like.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Well, look at it like this, you can spray fabreeze on crap, and it's still crap. QUOTE]

the most true statement about customizing squires I've heard in a while.

I never liked the name of Squires, I pronounce it like "Quirres" (Homos)
Quote by parigod
I'd just suggest getting a MiM strat, about 400$.

ok thx guys this was useful
I'd get the MIM. There are four new MIM's at my local guitar shop selling for 349.99. Or, go to craigslist. With some haggling, you maybe about to get one for a steal.
It depends on the guitar itself, some fenders are bad and some squires are bad. The reason most people will tell you squire sucks and wont change their mind on that matter is because most people own fenders and have a deep held bias (this is mostly evident in owners of "American Made" models due to owners trying to justify to themselves paying through the roof for a guitar that could, most times, easily be bettered by an inferior priced instrument).

I will say this however, Fender do make good quality instruments and in my opinion better quality overall than Squire do. A guitar is a guitar however, an instrument which we use to create and our creations reflect apon it as much as us. Take off all the brand names and play them without bias and you are more likely to find the instrument YOU need for YOU.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Feb 27, 2009,
^ +X^0

Quote by Curlyboy
?? Title^^? other then the sounds i mean the materials they are made out of is their a big difference?
Check out what some fans of the Squier Bullet Strat have done here. The thread is by one of the respected members of TDPRI, the biggest Tele Forum in the planet.

It's amazing what you can do with inexpensive, starter guitars. The new Squier Bullet has replaced the Squier '51 among hardcore modders of inexpensive guitars.

Good Luck! You'll definitely learn a lot about set-up, electronics, and refinishing when you're done.

Quote by Ippon
^ +X^0

Check out what some fans of the Squier Bullet Strat have done here. The thread is by one of the respected members of TDPRI, the biggest Tele Forum in the planet.

It's amazing what you can do with inexpensive, starter guitars. The new Squier Bullet has replaced the Squier '51 among hardcore modders of inexpensive guitars.

Good Luck! You'll definitely learn a lot about set-up, electronics, and refinishing when you're done.

I spose if you want to learn about rebuilding guitars, this might make sense. But if you want to play a nice guitar then you should save some money for a good one. You can earn the difference in the price of a new squire and used US strat in about a month or two of a part time job. If you include the price of all the parts and supplies needed to change the pickups, redo the neck, replace the bridge and tuners and refinish a guitar, and factor in the time it takes to do that, you would be way better off putting that time in at your job and buying what you want.

I am not saying it is a bad idea to rebuild a guitar if that is what you want to learn to do and would enjoy doing it. If you want to learn about guitar building, then build; if you want to play a nice guitar, buy one.
Last edited by Chetbango at Feb 28, 2009,
For guitars I just buy whats suits me. I have a squier and a fender. The fender is a better guitar than the squire in all ways but I do enjoy playing the squier alot. Its like the difference in price between a MIM fender and a MIA fender. If you can't tell any great difference between the two then you have just saved youself some money by buying the cheaper one. As people get more experienced in guitars they will start to notice why some of the more expensive guitars are better for them.

Just buy what suits you.

Quote by chetta2323
squiers are $hit

care to justify such an uneducated statement?

but of course there's a difference. Each model has it's own slight differences in spec, and also the individual guitars, be it the same model or not, will also have subtle differences which could mean you love one and hate another. If you're comparing fender and squier though, squier are the budget company so it's safe to say that generally fenders will be better, but there's a bit of crossover in the higher end squiers like the classic vibe and low end fenders like the mexican standards, where i feel that the squier will be better value for money due to not having the word "fender" to jack up the price so much.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube

Quote by chetta2323

squiers are $hit
care to justify such an uneducated statement?
but of course there's a difference. Each model has it's own slight differences in spec, and also the individual guitars, be it the same model or not, will also have subtle differences which could mean you love one and hate another. If you're comparing fender and squier though, squier are the budget company so it's safe to say that generally fenders will be better, but there's a bit of crossover in the higher end squiers like the classic vibe and low end fenders like the mexican standards, where i feel that the squier will be better value for money due to not having the word "fender" to jack up the price so much.
Exactly, what a ridiculous thing to say, made me want to reach inside my pc and shake him/her.

Nearly as bad as the idiot who stated
Quote by willwelsh816
I never liked the name of Squires, I pronounce it like "Quirres" (Homos)
I'm probably being unfair to idiots with that comparison.

I played the Classic Vibe series strat & tele recently and I was amazed at how good they sounded and felt. These things are as good as a lot of MIM stuff I've tried in the past and they certainly represent terrific value for money.
it would depend on the squire , the squires built in japan in the 80`s were incredibly high quality guitars and i dare say they would rival the mim strats. most people look at price when they determine quality and that isnt always the case.
Through a decent tube/valve amp, most can make any guitar sound good.

With inexpensive guitars like the Pacifica 112 or the Squiers like Classic Vibe or even the Bullets (new models with the Basswood body), some are pretty amazing right out of the box. Most obsessive/compulsive people would still tweak the PU height, the saddles, etc.; however, they'll do the same to CS Gibsons or CS Fenders.

Through a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II or a Peavey JSX, I doubt the dingalings above would think Squiers are shit.

Squiers can be good and bad. Mexican Fenders can be good or bad. Try them all out and get the one you like most, don't get caught up in the brand or price or what's on the headstock.

I have an MIM Strat and I have a Squier Bullet Strat too. Both are good guitars and comparable in some ways. There's a ton of experienced guitarists who've been playing for years, who love the new Squier Bullet Strats. The Bullets are not just for beginners. The thread that Ippon made a link to on the TDPRI forum (http://www.tdpri.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/94928-fender-squier-bullet.html) is just one of many threads where players are in love with the Bullets.

Like some people posted, Squiers can be very good, you just have to make sure you try out a couple to find the best one. Same goes for any brand.
The real question is, is there a difference between MIA and MIM Fenders?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by chetta2323
squiers are $hit

Squier Classic Vibes series are well made, and for the price, offer a lot of bang for the buck. Look into these.
MIJ E Series Squiers from the 80's, early 90's are exceptionally made.
If you have a good set up on the instrument, and maybe are willing to throw in a decent set of pickups, you can have a pretty good player. Just cause it's Squier doesn't mean it's automatically a crap guitar. It's a beginner's guitar, that if modified right, can be a decent player.
And yeah, you should do a little research before you post a question like this.
There's 100000's of threads on all kinds of forums with this question being asked
Build Quality, Quality of Woods Used, Electronics and Pickup Quality
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by chetta2323
squiers are $hit

you have no idea what the hell your talking about
affinitys and bullets are fine for beginner guitars, but if you want a nice guitar for cheap money, then you get a vintage modified or a classic vibe. those are definitely not ****
the squier custom 72 really owns for the price
MG + SPIDER=

Ibanez RG

Cort VX

Marshall JTM 60
Quote by VicVanity
it would depend on the squire , the squires built in japan in the 80`s were incredibly high quality guitars and i dare say they would rival the mim strats. most people look at price when they determine quality and that isnt always the case.

Try MIA Fenders. MIJ Squiers are easily superior to some run of the mill MIM strat.
Bought one back in 94'. It was pure crap! It almost sounded like a strat, but it wouldn't stay tuned for nothing on this earth. I mean you tune it, lay it down to go piss come back to play and tuning is all over the place. All I could do is scratch my head. It got stolen, good riddance. I replaced it with a epiphone les paul standard. Much improved over what i had. That was many years ago and a few guitars back but i highly doubt the quality has got any better while the price has kept going down. As for the statement about them being good starter guitars. That couldn't be farther from the truth. All that guitar did is make it frustrating to learn anything other than to tune and retune. Only guitar I ever owned that was worse was a low end Ibanez. It would have served me better had it been left standing as a tree atleast I could breath air from it. starter guitars, pffft.
Jackson Dinky DK2M
Peavey JSX 212 Combo
MIM fat strat i have one i love it sooooooo much
"We play it the way the air is in America today. The air is slightly static isn't it ? You know what I mean ? " -Jimi Hendrix