I was thinking of going and getting the '69 CS Pups, but before I do, I was wondering if there are any brands better suited to my needs. I play almost exclusively classic rock and blues, Hendrix, Clapton, SRV type stuff.

Edit: Left out some information, I have a Strat, and I would like to stay single coils if possible.
Last edited by parigod at Feb 27, 2009,
I think fender cs is your best bet. Assuming you have a Strat, the '69s or the Texas Specials would be right up your alley.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
For SRV and Hendrix Texas Specials and Fat 50's are you best bet.

Clapton used hot gold lace censors correct?
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
I have the Fat 50's in my strat and they sound amazing. Very vintage but as the name say a little fatter tone.
I've got Texas Specials in the neck and middle on one of my Strats, and I like them alot. But in another Strat, I've got Seymour Duncan Antiquities. And I love them. They're warmer, and sound more like (what I think), a Strat's suppoesed to sound like.
There's my way and the wrong way.
I have texas specials in my strat, they are excellent. I also have a strat deluxe which has hot samarium cobalt noiseless pickups which are also good, you may want to check them out , I think they are a bit cheaper than the texas specials. they are have a very warm classic fender tone and are VERY loud.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I have the 69's and they are fantastic.Seems like they would fit perfectly.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Apperently thats called rape Who knew?