i think steve uses them himself so their not just something he gets paid for putting his name on
However, they are flatwounds. If you like the otne of flats, they are good. However, many people prefer the brighter tone of roundwounds, so it's all choice.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
However, they are flatwounds. If you like the otne of flats, they are good. However, many people prefer the brighter tone of roundwounds, so it's all choice.

thanks for the advice, my local shop has some flats for cheap so maybe i'll try them first before buying these
Remember though, the Steve Harris flats are brighter than your typical flatwound set.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Keep in mind Steve Harris changes his strings very often. So thats part of why his tone is so birght for a bass with flatwounds. I heard somewhere he changes them weekly or before every gig, something like that.
Quote by IndianRockStar
Keep in mind Steve Harris changes his strings very often. So thats part of why his tone is so birght for a bass with flatwounds. I heard somewhere he changes them weekly or before every gig, something like that.

it's nice to have more money than sense isn't it

steve harris flats aren't that great, they are just like any other stainless steel flats in my experience, i didn't find them any brighter or more agressive, they sounded like flats

the brightness in steve's tone comes from his extremely low action and heavy attack causing the strings to vibrate against the frets creating a very trebley clanky tone
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by skater dan0
it's nice to have more money than sense isn't it

steve harris flats aren't that great, they are just like any other stainless steel flats in my experience, i didn't find them any brighter or more agressive, they sounded like flats

the brightness in steve's tone comes from his extremely low action and heavy attack causing the strings to vibrate against the frets creating a very trebley clanky tone

thats sooooo true