Well I want to get my band a gig at a middle school dance at my school. A lot of the bands that have played here before have sucked. So I dont want to end up like them. It would be a bassist, 1 guitarist, singer, and drummer. I also play trumpet so some trumpet would work. Were mostly into pop punk like Blink 182, Sum 41, Green Day. And punk like Rancid, NOFX, and Anti-Flag. But we also would play ska like Less than Jake, Sublime, and Reel Big Fish. I would be playing for mostly people that are into poppy stuff. So whats 3 or 4 songs that people would like that kind of fit what we want to play?
Last edited by famous1234 at Feb 27, 2009,
Every band you mentioned is really poppy so the bands you mentioned should be fine.

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
Every band you mentioned is really poppy so the bands you mentioned should be fine.

any song ideas?
beer, all the small things, Santeria, ruby soho
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Hm. Something you might not have considered is Handlebars by Flobots. Its got a trumpet solo in it, plus its popular.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
Hm. Something you might not have considered is Handlebars by Flobots. Its got a trumpet solo in it, plus its popular.

That's the worst popular song in recent history, if not the worst ever.

Just play some of those bands' most popular songs. Of course you'll have to keep it clean for a middle school. (unless you're RLY PUNX *-) )

For Green Day maybe you could play Basket Case, depending on how uptight the people in charge are about lyrics. Longview is probably out of the question. Welcome to Paradise might work OK. When I Come Around would probably be the best choice IMO.

For Sum 41 you could probably make Motivation work with one guitar. Maybe In Too Deep.

I'm not too familiar with Blink 182. Maybe All the Small things.

I don't like the other bands at all so I don't know about them.

Edit: Forgot about Rancid. Ruby Soho, Time Bomb, or Fall Back Down.
Last edited by werty22 at Feb 28, 2009,
At least Flobots has meaningful lyrics, unlike all other mainstream rap.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
date rape by sublime, like the whole thing is a trumpet so it would work pretty well.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Quote by gopherthegreat

They're all pop-punky...
not poppy...

BIG DIFFERENCE... When i think of poppy, i think of ****ty music like britney spears and beyonce... and whoever is popular. Im assuming thats what the TS meant.
Quote by Souls United
They're all pop-punky...
not poppy...

BIG DIFFERENCE... When i think of poppy, i think of ****ty music like britney spears and beyonce... and whoever is popular. Im assuming thats what the TS meant.

Pop-Punk (or Pop-rock) bands are poppy. Poppy doesn't mean Techno-Pop or Teen Pop, regardless of whether that's what it makes you think of.

Jack my swag
Quote by BostonLacrosse
beer, all the small things, Santeria, ruby soho

thats actually really perfect. people dont know beer so it would b fresh. but all the other songs are known but rarely played around my area. thanx man
1 more thing to take into to acount is if it is a dance your probably going to have to do some slow stuff to. You could try good riddance by greenday or I miss you by blink-182.
Quote by frostfire100
1 more thing to take into to acount is if it is a dance your probably going to have to do some slow stuff to. You could try good riddance by greenday or I miss you by blink-182.

time of your life is overplayed and pretty cliche

do i miss you if you do either at all.
Quote by Souls United
They're all pop-punky...
not poppy...

BIG DIFFERENCE... When i think of poppy, i think of ****ty music like britney spears and beyonce...

i disagree highly. one is britney spears, one is the rock equivalent of britney spears.
Quote by Souls United
time of your life is overplayed and pretty cliche

do i miss you if you do either at all.

ya and i like blink 182 better than green day. and it was a #1 hit so people will know it and people can dance to it