Page 2 of 29
does any one know any hip hop settings???

like 50 cent etc...
Originally posted by mr_hankey
That's disgusting. There's a pube underneath the A string.

UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
i'v been thinking about changing the bridge pickup on my strat to a humbucker to give me more flexibility and a more powerful 'crunch' tone. I would apreciate it if anyone has any specific settings to give me a thick clear overdriven rhythm sound, and also a heavier lead tone. like Jimi Hendrix's in Voodoo Chile, or in Dave Gilmore's Comforably Numb solo. cheers. I have a Marshall AVT 100 btw xxxxxxxx

really needing these settings becasue we are recording on friday
Originally posted by fargo126
im trying to get a jimmy page sound from a marshall AVT20, settings please?

as was said earlier in this forum, try putting the bass at around 1 and put the treble ALL THE WAY UP and dial the mids at about 4. then put the gain at around 4 because jimmy page didnt use very much. then mess around with reverb.

hope this helps
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
Originally posted by LedZep4EVA
jimmy page sound i have a 73 les paul custom nd a peavey classic amp

look at my last reply
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
Originally posted by mo5178
Uhmm the avt sucks, but a marshall is neccesary. Clapton used a ES-335 into a wah left in the open position, then ran that into his Marshall Plexi. Clapton has always been an "anti" effect guy. So having a **** load of pedals isnt the way to get to a clapton sound. And by the way, even if you do do this, your not going to "nail" it becuase tone is in the hands. But id recoment turning up the bass and mids, and noking out a little treble, since you dont have a wah, just turn more mids up, and plug straight into the amp. Youll have to fiddle with the settings to get a good breakup sound. NOT a distroted sound, but a broken up sound.

hope this helps!

how would i get that tone with a wah (crybaby modded, most noticable mod is a fazel inductor) and a peavey classic 30 (The OD channel can get some good breakup tones)
Originally posted by stripeysam
i'v been thinking about changing the bridge pickup on my strat to a humbucker to give me more flexibility and a more powerful 'crunch' tone. I would apreciate it if anyone has any specific settings to give me a thick clear overdriven rhythm sound, and also a heavier lead tone. like Jimi Hendrix's in Voodoo Chile, or in Dave Gilmore's Comforably Numb solo. cheers. I have a Marshall AVT 100 btw xxxxxxxx

really needing these settings becasue we are recording on friday

Seymour Duncan '59 PAF or Seth Lover

hendrix used a neck pickup, I cant give specifics i have never played an ATV so I am basing this on a better version of an MG, try treble 5-7 and bass 4-6 and mids from 6-8 lots of reverb not much gain, you need a wah. his tone is kinda muddy.
Last edited by flytv12 at Apr 3, 2005,
Sorry, guys. New here, and I'm an idiot. Ibanez Z10G amp (dont ask), so no reverb. bass, treble and mids all +10/-10.

Any tips for Slash's tone in Coma or Nightrain?

Also, i'm tryin to get a meatier sound on my two highest strings, I play some later Megadeth stuff (Disconnect, etc)

thanks, guys
Ok, I'll help some of you guys out with some settings outta Total Guitar. Lazy and stealing I know, but also helpful.

All numbers are numbers not o'clocks

Jimi Hendrix
Gain - 4
Treble - 5
Mid - 5
Bass - 8
Reverb - 5

Tom Morello
Gain - 7
Treble - 10
Mid - 4
Bass - 4
Reverb - 0

Eric Clapton
Gain - 7
Teble - 5
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Presence - 8

Mick Thompson
Gain - 9-10
Treble - 8
Mid - 7
Bass - 8
Reverb - 2
Note tuning of B F B E Gsharp Csharp (low to high)

Jimmy Page
Gain - 4
Treble - 8
Mid - 3
Bass - 7
Reverb - 2

Kurt Cobain
Gain - 7
Treble - 7
Mid - 4
Bass - 3
Reverb - 2

Eddie Van Halen
Gain - 6
Treble - 4
Mid - 3
Bass- 9
Reverb - 4

John Frusciante
Gain - 4
Treble - 8
Mid - 2
Bass - 6
Reverb - 7

Kirk Hammet
Gain - 7
Treble - 7
Mid - 2
Bass - 7
Reverb - 2

Keith Richards
Gain - 4.5
Treble - 4.5
Mid - 6.5
Bass - 5.5
Reverb - 1.5
Note use of open G tuning, D G D G B D (low to high)

The Edge
Gain - 1.5
Treble - 7
Mid - 5
Bass - 3
Reverb - 8.5

Brian May
Gain - 8.5
Treble - 4
Mid - 9
Bass - 5.5
Reverb - 4
Note Brian famously uses old sixpences to pick the strings of his guitar.

Jack White
Gain - 8
Treble - 7
Mid - 5
Bass - 8
Prescence - 8

Slash
Gain - 6.5
Treble - 4.5
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Presence - 8

Hope that helped a few people.
By the way the settings were taken from a Total Guitar 'Hero Worship Explosion' book that came with the mag and the book also has info on amps, guitars, effects etc - so if you want more information you can PM me.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Does anyone know of any site that have alot of settings for alot of differnt bands? I just need a place for quick reference because I'm try to come up with a good tone for myself.

Dave
"The Doors touring without Morrison would be like Mitch Mitchell and Billy Cox touring as the Jimi Hendrix Experience."
ooo ya that would be awesome actually, a quick reference site! hopefully someone posts one so i can mooch it too! yay! haha
Agile AL-2500
Line 6 Spider 112
NS-2 Noise Supressor
MT-2 MetalZone Pedal (if i need it)
My Setup
um... here are the settings i use whenever i do a solo...

treble-8
bass-7
middle-5
gain-9
master vol.-3 or higher

they aren't really that good...
Lead Guitar: ZerVo
Myxolydian Mode User
Metallica- "one"

arcanum.09162453271.ZerVo
puddle of mudd settings any one or any sort of hip hop style guitar???
Originally posted by mr_hankey
That's disgusting. There's a pube underneath the A string.

UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
My own personal settings. I use this setting for jamming. It's a really nice clear but heavy distortion setting, great for metal. I'm running it through a Fender© Champion 300, a Boss Metal Zone MT-2 and a Washburn Idol Series WI-64.

Gain- (on pedal. Amp switched to Clean setting) Max or 3/4 up
Treble- (amp)-10 (pedal)- both at 3 o'clock
Bass- (amp)- 1
Mids- (amp)- 4ish/5 (pedal)- both at 12 o'clock
Reverb- (amp) optional. Turn it up for leads, off for everything else
[Insert Witty/Humorous Comment Here]
Anyone know the settings on Crazy Train?
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

hey does anyone know how to get that Justin Hawkins (The Darkness) overdriven amp solo tone i mean it sounds like his amp could blow i would really appreciate it if anyone has it. I got a Gibson Les Paul Studio. Line 6 Pod XT Live and Line 6 Spider 212 thanks alot
David Gilmour on a TSL 602?
Schecter C-1 Classic
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Limited
Electro Harmonix Small Stone
Anyone know how to get Pink Floyd's tone on Breathe (first full song on Dark Side of the Moon)?
Originally posted by gibsonguy185
hey does anyone know how to get that Justin Hawkins (The Darkness) overdriven amp solo tone i mean it sounds like his amp could blow i would really appreciate it if anyone has it. I got a Gibson Les Paul Studio. Line 6 Pod XT Live and Line 6 Spider 212 thanks alot

i think they both use tube screamers for solos..but i saw a photo of his eq as he was playing and it was like this..not in oclock

bass- 6
treble-8
mid-8
gain-7
reverb-5

hope this helped
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
sorry man but that didnt sound 2 much like it if u listen to their stuff it sounds like the amp is gunna blow like hes pushing his amps soo hard thats what it sounds like just check out some of their songs when he solos thanks anyway tho
what is the settings for the band atreyu. I think ive almost got it down but im missing something. Their guitars have like a certain bite to them that i cant seem to find.
Originally posted by gibsonguy185
sorry man but that didnt sound 2 much like it if u listen to their stuff it sounds like the amp is gunna blow like hes pushing his amps soo hard thats what it sounds like just check out some of their songs when he solos thanks anyway tho

that setting sounds alright on my amp..justian uses some clear prespex guitar in the studio for solos and they both use tube screamers for that tone..go try one at a guitar shop
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
My guitar and setup are on my sig but i was wondering if anyone had some good settings, especially on my toneworks, for metal and blues lead. The presets are ok, but if anyone has some thoughts let me know please.

Thanks
My Rig:

~Fender Showmaster H w/ Tremolo

~Peavey Basic 60 150 Watt Amp

~Digitech RP 50 Multi Effects

~Toneworks AX1500G Guitar Floor Effects Processor
Actually, does anyone know the settings for the following players?

Tony Iommi in original Sabbath.
Adrian Smith on Number of the Beast
Randy Rhoads in Blizzard and Diary

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

does any one know any hip hop settings???

i do.. i think they have this special kind called crap..

anyone have the settings for some of mars volta's shtuff?
Member #4 of the punctuation police, pm alex_haeni to join.
Originally posted by inafantasy
i do.. i think they have this special kind called crap..

anyone have the settings for some of mars volta's shtuff?

o haha ur clever dick head..not. this thread is to help so grow up
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
ZoSo, all the guitars used in hip-hop are jusr recordings from real bands. So it's not like 50 Cent or Dre has a guitarist. Ask for a Joe Perry sound, Eminem used Aerosmith clips quite a bit on Eminem Show.
Originally posted by A55Clown
Anyone know how to get Pink Floyd's tone on Breathe (first full song on Dark Side of the Moon)?

?
guys a little help in here pls

settings for green day, blink 182 and sum 41
I've heard: BEWARE¡¡¡¡ of Peavey, Rogue & Squier. Run away from them as if they were a mortal disease......................
a nice angus young setting not in oclock

bass 5
treble 10
mid 10
gain 5
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
Hi!

What eq settings is the best for these songs:

1. Voodoo Child
2. Paranoid
3. Midnight

I have a fender strat and a ibanez rg370dx both with stock pickups
It's easy to be a rock star, but a musician? jeeez..

Originally posted by Jag513
Don't worry, I like long tongues
No, I can't, but my ex could...she was really flexible. But yeah, it's not impossible to lick it, it's impossible to kiss it.
can anyone please tell me a good setting for the stairway to heaven solo..my gear is in my signature.

thanks
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
Originally posted by Danno13
ZoSo, all the guitars used in hip-hop are jusr recordings from real bands. So it's not like 50 Cent or Dre has a guitarist. Ask for a Joe Perry sound, Eminem used Aerosmith clips quite a bit on Eminem Show.

erm if knew anything about hiphop then you would know that, that is not true.
Ozomalti use real instruments to write thier songs, as do The Roots and A tribe called quest (and probably a few more) and theyre all hiphop.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
For punk and older music I use
Gain:7
Treble:1
Middle:9
Bass:1

For metal I use
Gain:10 (or 11 if you're into that kind of thing)
Treble:9
Middle:1
Bass:9
Meh... anyone got any good settings for the Home Sweet Home solo by Motley Crue? Or just any motley crue settings at all? Itd be greatly appreciated...

Gibson SG Special,
Marshall MGDFX 50
Zoom 606 effects pedal
Digitech Whammy ferrari

Help!
Originally posted by wilty00
Meh... anyone got any good settings for the Home Sweet Home solo by Motley Crue? Or just any motley crue settings at all? Itd be greatly appreciated...

Gibson SG Special,
Marshall MGDFX 50
Zoom 606 effects pedal
Digitech Whammy ferrari

Help!

Well, for that Dr Feelgood or Kickstart my Heart sound, I usually use on my MG (meh, decent enough practice amp):
Gain: 3
Bass: Between 2 and 3
Contour: Between 2 and 3
Treble: All the way up
"damn damn damn my coke addled addict of a wife!"
can anyone give me a good setting for the stairway to heaven solo..my gear is in my signature.

cheers
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend