Page 3 of 29
Originally posted by ZoSo.Led.Zep.
can anyone give me a good setting for the stairway to heaven solo..my gear is in my signature.

cheers

Lol good luck man. Page, while known for his Les Paul, actually used a Telecaster for the solo on the studio recording of Stairway. It's not going to be easy getting the Stairway tone on your LP, and I don't know how to begin telling you how to do it, but I wanted to tell you that so you didn't get discouraged.
^^^He could always try to get the live tone, which was played on the SG doubleneck(2 humbuckers)
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
can anyone give me settings for a nice warm clean tone. kind of like the clean tone on the ghost of you by mcr. i have a gmx 212.
Originally posted by eastbay36
yea, and your the master of them, the master of do-do heads
Originally posted by failurepunk182
can anyone give me settings for a nice warm clean tone. kind of like the clean tone on the ghost of you by mcr. i have a gmx 212.

Use a chorus + reverb + little delay, with around 8 bass, 4 treble and 5 mid.
Originally posted by TNfootballfan62
^^^He could always try to get the live tone, which was played on the SG doubleneck(2 humbuckers)

and i have the epiphone double neck so if anyone knows a good steeing for getting a stairway to heaven solo sound please post them.

cheers
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
how do you chose what pickup is used? what do the different pickups sound like?
[Q
Quote by Flight 101
Attacks: Come on, it's Hitler!
^^^In my strat, Then neck pickup is more bassy with more mids. Not particularly soft.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Originally posted by chris-liggett
The bridge pickup has a more trebly sound, the middle has like a crunch sound, and the one nearest to the fretboard has quite a soft sound

not for the most part

bridge is treble full
neck is bass full
middle is pretty in the middle, on the bass side
-Mike
can someone give me a good setting for the stairway to heaven solo setting? my gear is in my signature.

cheers
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
I need a Good Rammsteinish tone. I have a Les Paul copy that I run through a wylde od and boss mt-2 through a hartke 2500 head.(dont laugh at me I love the sound I get out of the head. It gives me a little extra low end,lol.)
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Can anyone tell me any good settings for a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal. Im kinda looking for like a good Metallica sound or anything heavier than that would be good too
~My Toy Box~

-Squier Bullet Blk
-Elecktra EC-20R Practice Amp
-Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
voodoo child settings
Hi!

I need some help with my eq/settings to play voodoo child, i'm going to play it live this friday, so I need som help eith the tone.

My gear:

Fender Stratocaster (stock picukps)
Ibanez rg370dx

Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal

Crybaby - GCB95 Wah pedal

Roland Cube60" Cosm amp, with a lot of different distortion possibilities, among them a classic stack option, for a marshall sound.

And how should my settings be?

PM me
It's easy to be a rock star, but a musician? jeeez..

Originally posted by Jag513
Don't worry, I like long tongues
No, I can't, but my ex could...she was really flexible. But yeah, it's not impossible to lick it, it's impossible to kiss it.
I have (will have) a fender blues junior and a boss ds-1 pedal, i aslo have a digitech rp 200a. I want
A general Punk Tone and a Led Zeppelin Tone. Thanks
Ok if anyone has Minor Threats tone that'd be awesome. Zoom fire 30 and and an epiphone gothic les paul.
Originally posted by Snoops
Can anyone tell me any good settings for a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal. Im kinda looking for like a good Metallica sound or anything heavier than that would be good too

Set the level a little past 12 o clock, the highs about 2-3, lows maxed, and the mids about 8-9 o clock, and gain full or around 4.5-5. It gives me a good all around heavy sound. Hope this helped you.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Originally posted by inafantasy
anyone have the settings for some of mars volta's shtuff?

As stated on the first page, Omar's sound is damned near impossible to imitate, because it relies so heavily on pedals run through various Orange heads and a custom Ibanez.
Originally posted by flytv12
how would i get that tone with a wah (crybaby modded, most noticable mod is a fazel inductor) and a peavey classic 30 (The OD channel can get some good breakup tones)

click it on, and leave it in the heel down(toe up) position to flood with mids, it will help u get the woman tone, dial down the tone nob on your bridge pickup.
This is the only country on earth where you can impeace a president for lying about a blow job, and then re elect the one who lied to send us to war.
If ur trying to get a glimour sound, u need a lot more than an amp and a guitar, there is an estimation on gilmours rigs price that someowhere around 26 grand. Good luck
This is the only country on earth where you can impeace a president for lying about a blow job, and then re elect the one who lied to send us to war.
hi im after the sort of sound jimmy page gets on live versions of ''the rain song'' ''the song remains the same'' and stairway to heaven''. they all have lightly distorted strumming with the guitars volume rolled back but volume put up for solo parts etc.

this would be great if anyone has any
gear in signature
cheers
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
coheed and cambria tone anyone?
Originally posted by eastbay36
yea, and your the master of them, the master of do-do heads
hi im after the sort of sound jimmy page gets on live versions of ''the rain song'' ''the song remains the same'' and stairway to heaven''. they all have lightly distorted strumming with the guitars volume rolled back but volume put up for solo parts etc.

this would be great if anyone has any
gear in signature
cheers

The Song remains the same, rain song, and stairway are played on the gibson 12 six, wich is a doubleneck incase you unfamiliar with the guitar. In the studio his twleve string madness was handled by a fender XII, he required the double for the live versions. The trick here isnt that its a distrotion pedal, infact Jimmy played really quite clean. So clean in fact heonly turned his 200 watt marshalls to around fourso that they would stay cleaner longer.

But it is undeniable to say that he got break up. And its from the marshall, and the secret is his strumming and technique. Page was one of the Sloppier players so notes would often blur together and sound dirtier than they really are. Live, his distrotion was the result of harder strumming with the amp just louder, wich resulted in the break up.

The live Stairway performances are amazingly clean, just listen to the hard part in the end. Its CRAZY clean, all things considering. The tune tends to sound dirty becuase of the jingly twelve string through the Modified Plexi's. I hope this help.

Again im not a thousand percent sure about it, id guess for an exact representation, ud need to ask Jimmy yourself....
i have a Gibson SG Standard and a Crate GT212. I wanted to know how i could get a ZZ Top sound. Any help would be great.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan club. PM deadhead313313/hippyskier to join

Member #9 of the Cream fan club.

Member #13 of the Rush fan club.

Member of The Who fan club.
^^^ I haven't tested this or ever tried it, but i would imagine something like mids fairly high, mabey 7. Highs mabey around 5. Lows mabey around 7. Nice bluesy overdriven distortion. Let me know how it works out. *None of those are o'clock*

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Originally posted by mo5178
The Song remains the same, rain song, and stairway are played on the gibson 12 six, wich is a doubleneck incase you unfamiliar with the guitar. In the studio his twleve string madness was handled by a fender XII, he required the double for the live versions. The trick here isnt that its a distrotion pedal, infact Jimmy played really quite clean. So clean in fact heonly turned his 200 watt marshalls to around fourso that they would stay cleaner longer.

But it is undeniable to say that he got break up. And its from the marshall, and the secret is his strumming and technique. Page was one of the Sloppier players so notes would often blur together and sound dirtier than they really are. Live, his distrotion was the result of harder strumming with the amp just louder, wich resulted in the break up.

The live Stairway performances are amazingly clean, just listen to the hard part in the end. Its CRAZY clean, all things considering. The tune tends to sound dirty becuase of the jingly twelve string through the Modified Plexi's. I hope this help.

Again im not a thousand percent sure about it, id guess for an exact representation, ud need to ask Jimmy yourself....

i have the epiphone 1275 which is basically the double neck gibson incase u didnt know. the live stairway is dirty he jsut has the guitars volume knob rolled back but it is still distorted all the way through.

if any one can accually help it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
Can anyone help in getting that Alex Lifeson/rush sound. Any settings would be good, ive currently been trying to get the sound from "Xanadu", but im having trouble getting the tone right.

thanx in advance
Cheese is good, but Jimmy Page is god!
aynone know any settings for the futureheads, mainly hounds of love and decent days and nights. my gear is stated below if that helps
What are the settings for "Tender Surrender" by Steve Vai?
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
for an eric clapton sound (cream era) get a marshall tube amp and turn all the eq, gain and volume to full (10), humbuckers will be better
I have nukes, you don't; go figure.
i have the epiphone 1275 which is basically the double neck gibson incase u didnt know. the live stairway is dirty he jsut has the guitars volume knob rolled back but it is still distorted all the way through.

if any one can accually help it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Why the hell do u have to be a jerk about it. I tried to actually help you. i was giving you my opinion. Sorry we can all be as f**** enligtning as you. If u you know so well, stand in front of the amp by yourself, and figure it out.

Dont ask, get advice and shut it down from someone who has actually sat down with the guitar and made it work. I have a british style amp (an old marshall major) and im telling you what it takes for me. I Have the gibson double neck, and i have owned the epiphone, so i know what it is. Im telling you what worked for me, if your going to piss on my advice, go ahead, and figure out for yourself. I hope no one again helps you with your tonal requests.
Last edited by mo5178 at Apr 16, 2005,
Originally posted by mo5178
Why the hell do u have to be a jerk about it. I tried to actually help you. i was giving you my opinion. Sorry we can all be as f**** enligtning as you. If u you know so well, stand in front of the amp by yourself, and figure it out.

Dont ask, get advice and shut it down from someone who has actually sat down with the guitar and made it work. I have a british style amp (an old marshall major) and im telling you what it takes for me. I Have the gibson double neck, and i have owned the epiphone, so i know what it is. Im telling you what worked for me, if your going to piss on my advice, go ahead, and figure out for yourself. I hope no one again helps you with your tonal requests.

umm..i didnt shut down ur advice..i just asked if anyone else had other settings because urs didnt work well with my gear.

no need to get worked up and sad mo..maybe u should go to the emo forum and have a cry there.

kind regards
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
Originally posted by LedZep4EVA
any one no a good dazed and confused setting by led zep

for a jimmy page tone
put the gain at 4-6
mids at 4
treble at 9 or 10
bass at 1 or 2
reverb at 4ish

this works well with the bridge humbucker but sounds bad with single coils
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
What setting is ideal for finger tapping with no feedback. For IE: thrice - deadbolt.
" The Bullet Special Edition has about 22 medium frets. Squier keeps it simple with the single coil humbucker...... Unfortunately it doesn't have switchable distortion."

Found on a UG REVIEW
anyone got a good stairway to heaven live setting?

cheers
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
^ you have asked that about a million times already...i dont think anyone knows...but on topic..how about a setting for Holiday by Green Day?
[Q
Quote by Flight 101
Attacks: Come on, it's Hitler!
anybody know good "rock and roll" (led zep) settings?
"Love your country always, but respect your government only when it deserves it."
-Mark Twain

batman rocks
^^^Led zeppelin settings are listed multiple times in this thread, just look around.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
umm..i didnt shut down ur advice..i just asked if anyone else had other settings because urs didnt work well with my gear.

no need to get worked up and sad mo..maybe u should go to the emo forum and have a cry there.

kind regards

I really dont like emo. Do u really think i belong in the emo forums, but ill admit, maybe i got pissed quick, sorry brotha. You left out the part about it not working on YOUR gear.

The only reason i have the rage icon is cause i dont have enough posts to put a custom one in there. Zep is my fav band. I heart Zep...
gears in my sig

i want a good Unearth sound... or Atreyu Sound... Or Killswitch Sound... if anyone has any of those PLEASE tell me! lol

Knobs...

Amp:
bass
treble
volume

Pedal:
Level
High
Low
Mid
Mid Freq
Distortion