Page 5 of 29
does anyone have a good velvet revolver slash tone.

thanks
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
Does anyone know how to get the right sound for enter sandman by metallica.

i hav an epiphone sg, (not the rite guitar i know)
marshall mg15 cd,
and a zoom gfx5 multi effex pedal.

Thanx!!!
Quote by sallybitv
am i the only bi tranny that plays guitar

if i had 20 minutes to live i'de poop in a urinal
Originally posted by Bigred1818
^ What is your equipment. I can help you for Thrice but i need to know what your using.

Gibson sg standard, stock pickups
marshall AVt150 half stack
can someone help me get a Zakk Wylde tone? I have a Korg 1500G. And what tunig does he use?
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Last edited by Caressing Death at Apr 30, 2005,
Gain - 9
Treble - 10
Mids - 2
Bass - 7
Reverb - 3

^ Okay, so I have treble and bass on my distortion peddle.. and i have middle on my amp.. but whats the gain and reverb?

Is it just that my amp doesn't have them? Or that I need a diff distortion peddle?

My amps a Peavey Rage 158 and I have a danelectro fabtone distortion peddle.
Originally posted by pmeg568c
you seriously think dictionaries LIE?
Originally posted by Blackbullet
erm if knew anything about hiphop then you would know that, that is not true.
Ozomalti use real instruments to write thier songs, as do The Roots and A tribe called quest (and probably a few more) and theyre all hiphop.

rap and stuff is pretty broad from where its taking the musical background from...

One possibility is funk too. Might have been something allread mentioned in this thread, dont have many other ideas ...
Anyone for some setting or suggestions on a CCR John/Tom Fogerty tone? A tone such as the ones used on "Green River" and "Fortunate Son", but the clean tone as in "Proud Mary" maybe appreciated. Also, is there a good RATM tone for my gear listed below?

GEAR:
Epiphone G-400
Line Six Spider II
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
Does anyone Know a sort of 'clear' distortion on a BOSS metal-zone (MT-2) ? Kinda like a treble-y distortion that isn't too heavy
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
i wanna kno the settings you guys use to get the best metal sound out of our marshall jcm 2000 dsl 100. dont really wanna sound like anyone in particuly, just wanna good metal sound
gear:
Parker Nightfly Mojo
Ibanez S470 with x2n in bridge
Epiphone Les Paul with 81's and 85's
American Strat
Marshall JCM2000 DSL
Carvin MTS
Peavey XXX
Originally posted by arcinok
http://www.chargeworld.com/Vaughandrix%20-%20Mark%20Cole%20-%20ChargeWorld.com.mp3

Can anybody tell me the effects used in the lead? I tried using distortion and overdrive to massive ammounts and I can't even get close to the thick tone.

I'm using an Agile-AL3000 on rolled back neck pickup.

thats a pretty clean tone maby it's a strat's neck pickup with volume and tone rolled back a little

with the LP type um....have fun.
hey does anyone have a good slash tone like when he played star spangeled banner on a rooftop or when they played knockin on heavens door at the freddie mercury tribute concert.

im looking for distorted not clean

thanks
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
I have to play "Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own" this Sunday, and, as is often the case with The Edge, the effects are really important to the song. I think I can get close to his delay and reverb settings, and I can manage the slide solo (does he wear a pinky slide?) But I am flummoxed by the high-pitched notes during the second verse. They almost sound like harmonics, but they are neither pinched nor natural. Is it possible he is simply using a pitch shifter? Anyone know?
^^^I've never heard the song you are talking about, but if he uses a slide, and the high pitch notes aren't harmonics, he may be using the slide up above the fretboard. Like i said, i have no idea what song you're talking about, but that seems the most likely case if the pitches are not harmonics.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Anyone have some settings for surfing with the alien by Joe Satriani, not much of a shred fan, but I love the tone of that song.
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Any one got some good dime setting for his damageplan sound on say something like save me? I have a les paul copy and a V-amp 2. Thanks.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Originally posted by csmeatwad
how bout blur like in 'song 2'?

::got a marshall::

Gain - 7
Treble - 7
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Reverb - 7

Originally posted by IPLAYBASS
Any one got some good dime setting for his damageplan sound on say something like save me? I have a les paul copy and a V-amp 2. Thanks.

Gain - 7
Treble - 10
Mid - 4
Bass - 9
Reverb - 0
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Does anyone have settings for an old Peavey Bandit 65
still learning to play!
any one know any aerosmith cyrin settings for a Kustom solo16 dfx
Originally posted by mr_hankey
That's disgusting. There's a pube underneath the A string.

UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Originally posted by Kade
Green Day settings? Please?

You listen to Arch Enemy and you want Greenday settings???!

Here's a good one for their newer stuff:

Drive - 6
Treble - 10
Mid - 8
Bass - 5
Reverb - 3

Was the last settings thread moved to the archives?
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
I need a smooth Carlos Santana sound... Like in Put Your Lights On

need numbers, not o clocks...

This is only for practicing and im using a Gibson Les Paul Standard and Line 6 Spider 212
Devoted Slash fan until my fingers are cut to the bone!
For my tone -

Savage Beast ( Modern Hi Gain )
Gain - 10
Input - 10
Bass - 7
Mids - 10
Highs - 5-6
Presence - 5-6
Reverb - None, or maxed, with it on the 9th reverb setting.

Gear -
Dean VX
Behringer V-ampire.
I was wondering on how I could get a close tone of 'One' by Metallica...with an Epiphone Les Paul and a Marshall MG15CDR
Originally posted by ellisguitarman
omg zak whyle wasn't the guitarist for mamma im comin home it was the great randy rhoads dip****
I'd like either a

Iron Maiden tone
Yngwie Malsteen tone
Master of Puppets (album or song) tone
Stratovarius tone

thanks
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
i just want some interesting rhythm and lead tones on a strat. I use the neck pickup alot, especially in lead because i like the clarity and bass in it. BUt how the hell do u use the bridge pickup to give u a ballsy tone without sounding really thin and shrilly?
thanks
sam
^^^When i want a heavier sort of tone on my strat, i generally don't use the bridge pickup alone. I like to either use the middle or the middle and bridge.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Originally posted by IgnoreThis
I'd like either a

Iron Maiden tone
Yngwie Malsteen tone
Master of Puppets (album or song) tone
Stratovarius tone

thanks

Iron Maiden Tone:
Drive - 7
Treble - 9
Mid - 7
Bass - 4
Reverb - 0
Use your brigde humbucker - I find this tone to be excellent for Maiden - The Trooper, Hallowed especially
Metallica MOP tone:
Drive - 7
Treble - 7
Mid - 3
Bass - 6
Reverb - 1
Increase Mid for solos
Quote by MaAal_MaAan

Last.FM
Blah still no help on Alkaline Trio settings? Come on, my band plays a lot of their covers and I can never make it sound right.

Please?
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Does any1 have any good settings for CKY? I'm trying to learn"Escape from hellview" But I can't get the proper tone.
MY gear is a Gibson Les Paul D.C. A Roland Cube 15. A Digitech Rp-50. And a Zoom Pedal..(Don't know exact name)
From A guy named Mike
Originally posted by Ozzman_Cometh
Does any1 have any good settings for CKY? I'm trying to learn"Escape from hellview" But I can't get the proper tone.
MY gear is a Gibson Les Paul D.C. A Roland Cube 15. A Digitech Rp-50. And a Zoom Pedal..(Don't know exact name)

Big part of CKYs sound is an octave pedal, set to double the riff an octave below, as I think they didn't have a bassist at one point, and as the whole band are playing single note riffs it gives them that really heavy synthy sound. Tis a pretty badass tone, even if I don't like the songs much.
I would like to get the tone from the unforgiven by metallica. I own a Marshall DFX 250 and a bronze warlock(lead guitar)

thanks
i would like an iron maiden sound in the song paschendale i have bass, treble, middle, gain, and almost every type of reverb and modulation

also a queen sound from the song bohemian rapsody
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
Originally posted by g-cash14
i would like an iron maiden sound in the song paschendale i have bass, treble, middle, gain, and almost every type of reverb and modulation

also a queen sound from the song bohemian rapsody

Maiden have always been Marshall heads as far as I know, so you should probably boost your mids and cut your treble a bit. Brian May is almost impossible to copy, but he used a treble booster a lot, and practice your vibrato too.
Angus Young Tone:
Equipment:
Epiphone SG Special, Behringer V-Tone GMX110

Guitar Settings:
Volume:10
Tone:10
Pickup:Treble
Strings: Ernie Ball Super Slinky Pink's 9-42's
Amp Settings:
High:10
Mid:10
Low:1
Gain:1
Effects Setting:94,FX off
R.I.P. Bon Scott 2-19-80
"The trouble is," Angus pointed out, "we can't play everything or we'll be onstage all night... and we don't wanna end up like Pink Floyd, growing old onstage!"
Schecter Gryphon------->Behringer V-Tone 30w
does any1 have a anti flag tone or a punk tone i have a gibson ES 137 and a marshall half stack please help a fellow musician
I couldn't think of anything to put here.
Hi guys/girls

Trying to get some sounds out of my gear for playing stuff like Jet, are you gonna be my girl, rock and roll by Zepplin and Powderfinger's on my mind

any suggestions?

My Gear ...

Epiphone SG
Marshall GRCD80
Digitech BAD monkey
Marshall Guv'n II

My Gear....
Epiphone SG , Danelectro
Marshall G80RCD , MG10
Marshall Guv'n II
Digitech BAD Monkey
Last edited by GruAncH at May 11, 2005,
i have an epiphone custom SG (gibson '51 humbuckers) a marshall mg15 and a behringer xvamp. im looking to nail the sound used in the speed kills video by michael angelo, i have it pretty close, but still not as close as possible i think