No one around here digs punk and ska shows. My ex was always my concert buddy, but since we're no longer together I just have to go alone when I see a show, which is about an hours drive away usually.
Is it pathetic?
Yes.

Thread over.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Actually...does anyone on here close to covington/newton georgia that would want to be my new concert buddy? =)
I went to a show alone one time. But it was a small, DIY show and I knew most the people there anyway, so it was less awkward. I ended up hanging out and talking to another guy who also went alone. It turned out to be fun.
in the ska scene i have made quite a few acquaintances so im never really alone there. Andas was at a birthday party with a bunch of people i had never met before and two people recognized me from shows...
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
if im ever in georgia ill go....but i dont see a reason i would ever need to go to georgia
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I go to shows alone quite often. Sometimes I know people there, sometimes I don't. It's not as fun as having someone with you.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I went to GWAR alone but only because I was 100% sure I would know people there that I liked.
I usually go with my one friend who's into punk, but going alone isn't bad. I always start talking to people at shows somehow, so it shouldn't be a problem.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Yeah, it's nice to go with people to shows, but people not wanting to go shouldn't hold you back. Most punks are pretty friendly, once you prove your punk credentials.

You can do this visually by dressing up, or by jumping up and down when the first band starts.
^ what he said, just get talking to people, if you go to a lot of smaller gigs you'll start recognising people after a while, just start talking to people at the gigs.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
its not pathetic, but i tend to have more fun when i go with my brother or a friend
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
My only problem with going with friends is that I tend to talk to less people I dont know, that said it is nice to be with friends seeing a band that you all love and it does mean travelling is more fun, especially if you're using public transport which more often than not I am.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
I do it every once in awhile. I usually end up running into friends or meeting new people so it's all good.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I went to a show alone once. I actually had a great time.

I ran into some interesting people....

A kinda attractive girl, who was kinda of a *****. She kept kissing me and kept grabbing my crotch for the entire night.

And a guy who was a cook on an aircraft carrier. He kept telling me he always sent in "comic samples" to Marvel and how they were always rejected. He was a wierd guy.
I went to a show alone once. I ended up talking to a guy in the bathroom about how I don't like using urinals.

I haven't gone to one alone in awhile, but if I did I'd most likely find someone to talk to 'cause I know a decent amount of people that go to the shows in my area.
Yeah for sure, I've done it before. Just find a small group of people about your age, preferably possessing beer, and strike up a conversation. Musically related usually works. You should be chillin in no time.
Quote by Captain Insano
I went to a show alone once. I actually had a great time.

I ran into some interesting people....

A kinda attractive girl, who was kinda of a *****. She kept kissing me and kept grabbing my crotch for the entire night.

And a guy who was a cook on an aircraft carrier. He kept telling me he always sent in "comic samples" to Marvel and how they were always rejected. He was a wierd guy.

I saw Streetlight Manifesto while I was out of town once, and my one friend there didn't go with me, so I was by myself and this old drunk mexican guy noticed my Jawbreaker shirt and told me he saw them in 1994, his favorite song was "Outpatient," and then talked to me for like an hour about how much he loves the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. There definitely are interesting characters at shows...
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I moved across the world without speaking the language of where I was moving and started going to shows by myself. I've made all kinds of punk friends all over Europe now from doing that. It's the best way to meet new people.

When you start traveling, unless it's in the context of touring you usually go to shows by yerself.

The first couple of times it's scary but drinking beer and/or having lots of faith in the radness of punks makes it alot easier.

Regardless of the language we speak most punks are into this **** for the same reason. We love and hate the same things about society and we all watch out for each other (for the most part).
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I saw Streetlight Manifesto while I was out of town once, and my one friend there didn't go with me, so I was by myself and this old drunk mexican guy noticed my Jawbreaker shirt and told me he saw them in 1994, his favorite song was "Outpatient," and then talked to me for like an hour about how much he loves the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. There definitely are interesting characters at shows...

I´ve had such an experience like one time I remember......I was taking the dog for a walk and met the local Nazi, he marked my Ramones shirt and started talking to me stuff like "I´ve got drunk with Joey in Düsseldorf back in the 80s".......lol
Me and my ex-girlfriend went to see Blitzkid. We were standing at their merch table before the bands started playing and the singer was sitting there behind the table talking to someone. He caught my ex staring at his tattoos. He starts talking to us and compliments me on my GBH shirt, then goes on about how the Exploited suck now. Haha.
I used to go to shows by myself all the time and read between sets.

I still do sometimes.
Up until last semester I didn't have any friends that liked the same type of music as me, so I used to go to shows alone all the time. It's not so bad. It's not like people sit around and laugh at you for going alone.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."