Page 1 of 2
I think I am not the only one suffering this kind of issues ... but since I didn't find any previous threads I've posted this.

The issue is simple, she thinks all my time aside from work is hers.... so basically I am getting tired of telling: NO!, not today, today I want to play !!!

Is it common to see your g/f as an obstacle between you and your guitar !?
Put strings on your girlfriend and play her.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by tands
**** girlfriends, they will break your heart in the end just you wait

thats life bro.
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
Girls come and go. The guitar is your only true friend and if the girl doesnt understands then its time to leave.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by Sergeant Madd
My guitars ARE my girlfreind.

So's your fist, but you aren't gonna say that.

I'd choose guitar, because you can always get a better girlfriend.
If you really care and love her, then yes, put her first always.
If not, then talk to her and get her to understand you have other things in your life going on and your world doesnt revolve around her.
Girlfriends?

Are they cheap?

Were can I buy one?
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Half these guys obviously haven't been in a serious relationship.

If you have a serious relationship, don't throw it away. I made many mistakes of choosing guitar or video games over my ex, and now that I don't have her, I regret every moment I wasn't with her.

Balance your time, thats all I can say. Don't choose one over the other. Spend an equal time with each. If she cares for you as much as you care for her, she will understand... but that all depends if you verbalize this to her. If she doesn't know how important guitar is for you, then she just thinks your choosing some dumb hobby over her.

and if you lose somebody you love, you'll have all the time in the world to play, but you don't have that person in your life. It just doesn't feel as sweet.
Honestly if your girlfriend is trying to make you choose her over your passion or whatever then she doesn't really care that much about you and isn't worth it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I think your being a little dramatic. How do I know? You have the ****ing time to come complain about it on the internet to people who, ultimately, do not care. Yet, the very basis of your complaint is that the free time you have you can't spend playing your guitar because your girlfriend wants to hang out with you. However, you apparently have free time to write this message instead of...play the guitar. If she's a good girlfriend she will come hang out with you while you play some times, its called balancing. If you can't do this, don't waste your time. Women are generally just whorish and only a few are really worth any time of day. I am sure you could determine whether your girlfriend is or isn't. If you need your guitar so badly, either compromise or break up (and be like the other 10 year olds on here who love their "guitar pussy").
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by byob_soad2
play for her

This.

Get yourself an Acoustic. Sing and sh*t.
Quote by offspring_punk
9/10 Bobo Jenkins just sounds godly in general. I think I'll name my firstborn child that. Male or female.
I taught my fiancee to play guitar.

Now she plays about as much as I do.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
I have never been in this situation because I don't have gf's often. When I do, it lasts about a week anyway.
Quote by Freddedonna
Get a girl that likes music?

This is why i go out with girls who at least understand that iam a musican.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Put strings on your girlfriend and play her.

thats why i bought her a G string
sorry cant help much, my gf sings so she actually likes when i play guitar.
probly seem like an asshole but it seemed like it might help at the time, if she doesnt understand that its important to you then maybe she isnt worth it, or you just need to talk to her about it.
Quote by merfsullivan
Every time I come to the Pit it makes me wonder if the word retard is being thrown out nearly enough....

Sydal Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Mount a fleshlight on a guitar and you've got something way better than a girlfriend.
DeVillains!
Quote by convictionless

thats why i bought her a G string

You're gonna play sul g*?

*you're not going to get this joke unless you play classical violin or are schooled in classical orchestration.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Can you not just guitar while she's there?
Some people like to spend all their time with their other half, no matter what they're doing together.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Blackwaterson89
Girls come and go. The guitar is your only true friend and if the girl doesnt understands then its time to leave.

This, your guitar is part of you, and it's a tool and a friend, it won't leave, or tell you it doesn't have time, it's yours, and girl, theres millions, but your guitar, there's just one, your in unique with everything you've put in it.
Quote by Xiaoxi
You're gonna play sul g*?

*you're not going to get this joke unless you play classical violin or are schooled in classical orchestration.

May I ask if this means play close to the G string? Because I remember Sul Ponticello means play close to the bridge.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
I say compromise- If she's being too possessive of you, she deserves to be told about it (in a nice way)- she's evidently got the balance wrong here. Maybe get her an instrument, so you can spend time with both the guitar and her at once?
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Girlfriends?

Are they cheap?

Were can I buy one?

"Amazon".com

Btw I never understood that close link beetween girlfriend and guitars in most of guitarists' minds...
Last edited by slappyx at Feb 28, 2009,
get rid of her dude. the better you get at guitar the more girls you get. its a simple algebraic equation
Tell her what I told mine... "I'm a male, I need lots of alone time." it works.

But a far as I'm concerned it's true, girls seem to have this obsession with spending every damn moment with you. I just want peace and quiet for at least 1 day a week where I can do absolutely nothing, or absolutely anything I want, without the constant nattering and complaining that women excrete all over everyone.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Last edited by EnyoAdonai at Feb 28, 2009,
My girl Palmella never comes between me and my axe.
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
Page 1 of 2