Page 1 of 4
In other news, Kanye West proves that he is not a musician and will never be.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/61985013

Hip-hop star Kanye West trashed Radiohead and said the public should give Chris Brown "a break," during a recent taping of VH1's "Storytellers."

But the comments will not make it to air when the episode premieres on the lifestyle cable network on Saturday.

The taping, which took place on February 13 at Sony Studios in Los Angeles, lasted three hours. The show's producers cut it to 90 minutes, after getting network approval to expand the episode from its usual one hour.

Thank you VH1, as Kanye will never even be in the same league as Radiohead.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by Concrete_Breeze
Kanye > Radiohead.

Seriously, Radiohead have a few good songs, a lot of it is just soft crap trying to be intelligent. At least Kanye is honest yknow.

Yes. He's honest when he says he's the voice of a fucking generation.

lrn2music
You're*
Kanye is ok, but Radiohead kicks his ass.

That little f*ck should understand he's not the only "musician" out there, and obviously isn't the best
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Saw it on my homepage and read it then. Vh1 has to cut out about half of what was performed. So I guess a lot of his opinions got cut too? I don't think this deserves news.

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Kanye is ok, but Radiohead kicks his ass.

That little f*ck should understand he's not the only "musician" out there, and obviously isn't the best

Quote by yahoonews

During the taping, according to a Reuters reporter, West was aggrieved that Radiohead singer Thom Yorke had allegedly snubbed him backstage at the Grammys five days earlier. That hurt, West told the audience, because he idolizes the British band, and considers it one of his few creative rivals.

I really hope that the little f$ck you're talkin bout is Thom.
Quote by Concrete_Breeze
Kanye > Radiohead.

Seriously, Radiohead have a few good songs, a lot of it is just soft crap trying to be intelligent. At least Kanye is honest yknow.

You sir, are the stupidest fuck I know.
Quote by tube_whiner
You sir, are the stupidest fuck I know.

Agreed.

Radiohead >>>>>> Kanye.

"Kanye has 2 good songs, but the rest of it is just him trying to be douche and saying he's better than everybody else."

EDIT: He whines way too much.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Last edited by djszkoda at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by djszkoda
Agreed.

Radiohead >>>>>> Kanye.

"Kanye has 2 good songs, but the rest of it is just him trying to be douche and saying he's better than everybody else."

Which is in turn the reason why I think Thom snubbed him in the first place.

All I see when I watch Kanye is the word "Fake".
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by Concrete_Breeze
I really hope that the little f$ck you're talkin bout is Thom.

Keep hoping.

Thom could have done whatever he wanted to, but he isn't half as arrogant as Kanye is.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

A little later, West asked the crowd, "Can't we give Chris a break? ... I know I make mistakes in life." He was referring to R&B singer Chris Brown, who was arrested on the night of the Grammys on suspicion of beating his girlfriend Rihanna. In the same context, West earned loud applause with his declaration: "Michael Jackson, amazing.He's a real f---in' person; he makes mistakes," VH1 has cleaned up those comments a bit, and it also included West's less-popular follow-up observation: "O.J. Simpson, amazing. Is he not? What he did, when he did, what he did. Was he not amazing though?"

So a rapper/wife beater, pop star/pedophile, and a sports star/murderer are amazing people? I think not. No wonder Yorke snubbed him, he's an idiot.
I hope you read the word 'allegedly'. He's probably making the bull**** up to get more airtime.

Doesn't mean Thom did. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but regardless, that snob deserves it. He's like a black John Mayer, but more of a douche and ****tier at music.

Yorke is genuinely creative. Kanye, maybe a little. It's not a difficult decision.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Last edited by djszkoda at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by DartS17
So a rapper/wife beater, pop star/pedophile, and a sports star/murderer are amazing people? I think not. No wonder Yorke snubbed him, he's an idiot.

Fuck. No.
As before, Radiohead > Kanye. Though I do respect them both a lot. Radiohead is my 2nd favorite band of all time. And Kanye is the only rapper who I actually can stand.
Am I missing something here? Doesn't sound like he trashes Radiohead at all.
During the taping, according to a Reuters reporter, West was aggrieved that Radiohead singer Thom Yorke had allegedly snubbed him backstage at the Grammys five days earlier. That hurt, West told the audience, because he idolizes the British band, and considers it one of his few creative rivals.

And Lol at Thom snubbing him.
It says right in the article that he was hurt by Thom Yorke doing something douchy to him and sat down during their performance because he "idolizes the band". That is not trashing them at all. Also I agree with him on his other point.

Don't like his music or him as a person though.
Quote by The_Paranoia
As before, Radiohead > Kanye. Though I do respect them both a lot. Radiohead is my 2nd favorite band of all time. And Kanye is the only rapper who I actually can stand.

Have you ever heard Jurrassic 5? They are much more talented imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohi8NlxjtTQ

"The Game" is a really good song but it's not on youtube.
Quote by djszkoda
Agreed.

Radiohead >>>>>> Kanye.

EDIT: He whines way too much.

Oh please, listen to his first CD then open your mouth. And his fourth one, for that matter.
Quote by ScottElwood

Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by ScottElwood

I'm not really a rap guy. I respect it but I can really only stand Kanye and The Roots.
Quote by jetfuel495
somebody just lost

**** dawg I could make everyone lose if they look at my post
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by The_Paranoia
I'm not really a rap guy. I respect it but I can really only stand Kanye and The Roots.

Me either, I really only listen to what my friends show me and they just really stand out in my mind. All in all I just think rap is too overrated which makes me like it less if that makes sense. It's too much about image, which is why I dislike hair metal/kiss, even though I can appreciate some of their songs.
Last edited by ScottElwood at Feb 28, 2009,
Quote by Concrete_Breeze
Kanye > Radiohead.

+1, Radiohead is way overrated. Kanye is probably the most original producer today.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Quote by cloudjessie42
+1, Radiohead is way overrated. Kanye is probably the most original producer today.

I respect your opinion 110% but show me what is so original about Kanye that most rappers don't normally do.
Quote by cloudjessie42

Endless sampling =/= Creativity

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by The_Paranoia
I respect your opinion 110% but show me what is so original about Kanye that most rappers don't normally do.

I agree. To point some stuff out, a lot of his songs are samples from other songs and he rapes the Auto-tune which was debuted in rap with T-Pain when even Daft Punk and Cher were using it before him.

He is a hell of a good producer of catchy beats and lyrics but it doesn't stand out at all.
Way to win at reading comprehension.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by The_Paranoia

His beats are so much different than these Southern crunk snap BS with the rapid-fire snare drums, you know what I'm talking about?
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Quote by cloudjessie42
His beats are so much different than these Southern crunk snap BS with the rapid-fire snare drums, you know what I'm talking about?

If you're saying Radiohead uses that... then no I don't. If you're referring to metal, then yes I agree.
i cant decide who sucks more, kanye or radiohead. im leaning towards radiohead, at least kanye songs have interesting beats. radiohead is just boring.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I'll admit I like gold digger, but Kanye West is a crazy crazy.

+1 inch to your E-peen if you recognize this.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by ScottElwood
Me either, I really only listen to what my friends show me and they just really stand out in my mind. All in all I just think rap is too overrated which makes me like it less if that makes sense. It's too much about image, which is why I dislike hair metal/kiss, even though I can appreciate some of their songs.

You have a lot to learn.
Radiohead is a genuinely artistic band, nobody can deny that. I've heard A LOT of Kanye West songs, and not one of them has truly impressed me. Sure, they're fun to listen to every now and then, but there is NOTHING special about them. When it comes down to it, any black man with a half-decent voice can record a CD of himself talking about how cool he is and get famous. There's no comparison between Kanye and Radiohead, I'm sorry, but c'mon.
Page 1 of 4