hey,

well, i need to buy another mic in order to include some kit in my tunes, as currently i have a presonus inspire, a shure pg48 and a shure Sm57.

Now, i need one that will suit my bass drum nicely, which i'm told an Sm57 will do, but should i really buy another? i found this https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=view&id=1584
which looks as if it would do the job nicely, but i'd like to know your viewpoints.
drum machine n. An electronic device containing a sequencer that can be
programmed ... controls and an input jack for a guitar, microphone or other
instrument. ... The Sideman allowed a choice of 12 electronically generated ...
created using a burst of white noise whereas a bass drum sound would be
Quote by Monia
drum machine n. An electronic device containing a sequencer that can be
programmed ... controls and an input jack for a guitar, microphone or other
instrument. ... The Sideman allowed a choice of 12 electronically generated ...
created using a burst of white noise whereas a bass drum sound would be

I've seen other posts of yours that made absolutely no sense whatsoever.....

TS, In college we use an AKG D112, it was designed for bass drums like the one in that link. The AKG sounds pretty good to me, we've tried other mics and we prefered the D112.
Yeah the AKG 112 or Shure Beta52.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by Led man32
Yeah the AKG 112 or Shure Beta52.

word
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
When we did our album, we had access to an EV RE-20 (a total industry standard for kick drum, along with the AKG D112 and the older AKG D12) and a Sennheiser e602.

As you may know, some mics will sound better on different drums than others, so you have to match the mic to the source.

On our drummer's particular kit, we wound up going with the Sennheiser e602. Examples in my profile. (in fact, every kick drum you hear in any of those songs was done with that mic)

Price-wise, the Sennheiser can be had for about $200 or less with some shopping around.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Microphone/product/Sennheiser/e602/10/1

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I'm going to have to agree with the AKG D112.
They're great, I've had sucess recording bass guitar with them aswell.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Definately a Sennheiser e609
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
as you can see there is actually no best kick drum mic, just what people prefer. If your on a budget go the cheaper one, if not then try a couple or one of the more expensive ones. The best ones i've ever heard are those ones that have 2 mics in one mic. Can't remember the model but they are truly amazing.